Author Topic: Disturbing study concludes that breast cancer survivors who eat more grilled and smoked meats have  (Read 608 times)

rangerrebew

Disturbing study concludes that breast cancer survivors who eat more grilled and smoked meats have a greater risk of dying prematurely

Sunday, July 29, 2018 by: Michelle Simmons   

(Natural News) Breast cancer survivors should be watchful of what they eat, especially when it comes to how their food is prepared. Research has shown that the method of food preparation matters, particularly in meat. A study published in the Journal of the National Cancer Institute revealed that breast cancer survivors who eat high amounts of grilled, barbecued, and smoked meat are more likely to die earlier compared to those who ate lesser amounts.

Meat products cooked at high temperatures (grilled, barbecued, and smoked) contain polycyclic aromatic hydrocarbons (PAHs) and other compounds associated with an increased risk of breast cancer. Researchers at the University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill investigated whether the consumption of this source of PAH affects survival in women diagnosed with breast cancer.

https://www.naturalnews.com/2018-07-29-breast-cancer-survivors-who-eat-more-grilled-and-smoked-meats.html

Offline Applewood

Oh here we go again with the "barbecued meat gives you cancer" theme, or a variation thereof.  This theory comes along every summer at least once or twice. 

Sorry, but I think it's BS.  I've been eating grilled meats all my life -- well done, too.  No cancer. 

I think theories like this come from miserable people who have a mission in life to take the pleasure out of everyone else's lives.

Offline the_doc

Oh here we go again with the "barbecued meat gives you cancer" theme, or a variation thereof.  This theory comes along every summer at least once or twice. 

Sorry, but I think it's BS.  I've been eating grilled meats all my life -- well done, too.  No cancer. 

I think theories like this come from miserable people who have a mission in life to take the pleasure out of everyone else's lives.

On the other hand, maybe Mark Twain was correct in saying "Everything pleasurable is either illegal or immoral or fattening."  (He probably could have said carcinogenic, but we didn't hear much about cancer in his day, it seems.)

Anyway, life is carcinogenic, imho.

Offline dfwgator

Offline Victoria33

Sorry, but I think it's BS.  I've been eating grilled meats all my life -- well done, too.  No cancer.  I think theories like this come from miserable people who have a mission in life to take the pleasure out of everyone else's lives.
@Applewood

I had a medical procedure two weeks ago and was asked if I had diabetes.  I said yes, and I am 84 and everyone has diabetes at this age and I DON'T CARE.

Offline Suppressed

@Applewood

Doesn't mean it's BS.

PAHs do, in fact, increase cancer risk.   And they are in grilled meats (they are in products of combustion in general, and in things like asphalt).  But eating grilled meats doesn't make cancer anywhere near 100%.  It just raised cancer mortality by about a third in those who had gotten breast cancer.
+++++++++
“In the outside world, I'm a simple geologist. But in here .... I am Falcor, Defender of the Alliance” --Randy Marsh

“The most effectual means of being secure against pain is to retire within ourselves, and to suffice for our own happiness.” -- Thomas Jefferson

“He's so dumb he thinks a Mexican border pays rent.” --Foghorn Leghorn

Offline To-Whose-Benefit?

• Wulf Anson Author
@Suppressed said

Doesn't mean it's BS.

PAHs do, in fact, increase cancer risk.   And they are in grilled meats (they are in products of combustion in general, and in things like asphalt).  But eating grilled meats doesn't make cancer anywhere near 100%.  It just raised cancer mortality by about a third in those who had gotten breast cancer.

Gotta agree here.

Once a person's had cancer it can only be beaten/treated into remission and their odds of it recurring are dramatically increased.

So no, eating these foods will not in and of themselves, in moderation, cause cancer, but they are referred to as generating Androgens which cancers love.
My 'Viking Hunter' High Adventure Alternate History Series is FREE, ALL 3 volumes, at most ebook retailers including Ibooks, Barnes and Noble, Kobo, and more.

In Vol 2 the weapons come out in a winner take all war on two fronts.

Vol 3 opens with the rigged murder trial of the villain in a Viking Court under Viking law to set the stage for the hero's own murder trial.

http://wulfanson.blogspot.com