Author Topic: Almost two-thirds of Americans believe higher ed is moving in the wrong direction, but they disagre  (Read 455 times)

rangerrebew

Almost two-thirds of Americans believe higher ed is moving in the wrong direction, but they disagree why
College Fix Staff •July 27, 2018

Respondents report different levels of concern for biased professors, life training.

A new survey finds that a majority of Americans think that the state of higher education in America is in poor shape, though respondents are divided on the reasons why, in part based on their political alignments.

The Pew Research Center’s recent survey found that around six-in-ten Americans (61 percent) believe that higher education in moving in the wrong direction. However, when respondents were divided into political alignments, a contrast became clear.

https://www.thecollegefix.com/post/47289/

Offline Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...
The Federal govt needs to limit money to funding majors that lead to real world paying jobs, not ones that recycle their graduates back into academia, or toward govt bureaucracy, liberal SJW activist groups, etc.

If universities want those things, let them pay for it and raise the money.
The Republic is lost.

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
The Federal govt needs to limit money to funding majors that lead to real world paying jobs, not ones that recycle their graduates back into academia, or toward govt bureaucracy, liberal SJW activist groups, etc.

If universities want those things, let them pay for it and raise the money.

The feral government needs to get the hell out of it entirely if you ask me!
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...

True!
The Republic is lost.

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
Yep. Do away with or severely reduce guaranteed student loans, and watch the cost of higher ed drop, with industry and alumnae funding equipment and research they find relevant. Base scholarships on academic merit again.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis