Author Topic: Tiger cub abandoned at Texas border gets new, permanent home  (Read 1006 times)

Offline Elderberry

• TBR Contributor
WWLP  7/28/2018   https://www.wwlp.com/world/tiger-cub-abandoned-at-texas-border-gets-new-permanent-home/1330538737

A live tiger cub that was abandoned in a duffel bag at the U.S. border is settling into his new home in Texas.

Kenobi arrived Thursday night at In-Sync Exotics , an animal sanctuary in Wylie, 30 miles (50 kilometers) northeast of Dallas.

Border Patrol agents discovered the cub April 30 while patrolling along the Rio Grande near Brownsville. They said three people apparently trying to enter the U.S. illegally just dumped the bag containing the tiger and fled back to Mexico.

Kenobi was initially given a temporary home at the Gladys Porter Zoo in Brownsville, but his move to In-Sync Exotics is permanent. The sanctuary says Kenobi will have a playmate in Kylo Ren , a white tiger cub born there in March shortly after the rescue of his parents.

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
Re: Tiger cub abandoned at Texas border gets new, permanent home
« Reply #1 on: July 29, 2018, 03:13:05 pm »
Most people have no idea how wild and wooly it is down there.

Offline Elderberry

• TBR Contributor
« Reply #2 on: July 29, 2018, 03:28:20 pm »
Most people have no idea how wild and wooly it is down there.

My wife went to Pharr to see her dad on Father's Day.

I'm tellin' you, I was concerned when I heard she went with a sister to Reynosa to visit more of her family.

That's the first time any of us have crossed the border in a long time.

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
« Reply #3 on: July 29, 2018, 03:46:49 pm »
My wife went to Pharr to see her dad on Father's Day.

I'm tellin' you, I was concerned when I heard she went with a sister to Reynosa to visit more of her family.

That's the first time any of us have crossed the border in a long time.

I lived in Pharr for years.  How was Reynosa?

Offline Elderberry

• TBR Contributor
« Reply #4 on: July 29, 2018, 04:03:27 pm »
I lived in Pharr for years.  How was Reynosa?

It was fine.  I didn't ask her how long the lines were at the border crossing.

We used to go several times a year. I remember we were coming back from a Christmas trip and at the border we were flagged for a more thorough inspection. A border agent said we couldn't bring all the Aguinaldos, Posada Candy Bags we had. When the agent held up one of the bags, my SIL Kathy took one and started eating one of the tangerines. So the agent said that we could eat the contents. So we stayed there pigging out. Then a few minutes later the agent came back and said we couldn't eat them and she seized what was left, she must have been hungry, and we were on our merry way. We usually had nothing to declare and I always got strange looks when asked and I said said so.

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
« Reply #5 on: July 29, 2018, 04:21:26 pm »
It was fine.  I didn't ask her how long the lines were at the border crossing.

We used to go several times a year. I remember we were coming back from a Christmas trip and at the border we were flagged for a more thorough inspection. A border agent said we couldn't bring all the Aguinaldos, Posada Candy Bags we had. When the agent held up one of the bags, my SIL Kathy took one and started eating one of the tangerines. So the agent said that we could eat the contents. So we stayed there pigging out. Then a few minutes later the agent came back and said we couldn't eat them and she seized what was left, she must have been hungry, and we were on our merry way. We usually had nothing to declare and I always got strange looks when asked and I said said so.

I used to go across too.  Took my kids.  People would come up and rub the head of the blonde one for luck.  I have wondered how it is there now.  Pretty sure I wouldn't go over there any more.