Author Topic: The 10 Most Destructive Americans of My 8 Decades  (Read 10619 times)

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
Re: The 10 Most Destructive Americans of My 8 Decades
« Reply #50 on: July 29, 2018, 05:47:45 pm »
I'm pretty pissed at C.A. Arthur for creating the "Civil Service" cocoon that has enabled the army of bureaucrats to eat out our substance.  But you're right, Wilson was probably in the top ten of rotten Presidents.  Thank Goodness the Senate had the good sense to refuse admission to the foolish LoN.

My husband would put Abraham Lincoln on the list.  The worst thing in our history was the Civil War and hubby thinks Lincoln was in large part responsible.  Just one guy's opinion.
Against stupidity, the Gods themselves contend in vain.

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
« Reply #51 on: July 29, 2018, 05:47:59 pm »
How bout we bang some heads and then we'll all meet back at the local saloon
and raise up our glasses against evil forces

Send me the GPS coordinates and there's a chance I'll be there.  (I'm a bit spatially challenged)

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #52 on: July 29, 2018, 05:54:03 pm »
My husband would put Abraham Lincoln on the list.  The worst thing in our history was the Civil War and hubby thinks Lincoln was in large part responsible.  Just one guy's opinion.

Nope!  One hell of a lot of people hold that opinion including myself.
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Online Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #53 on: July 29, 2018, 05:55:50 pm »
How bout we bang some heads and then we'll all meet back at the local saloon
and raise up our glasses against evil forces

I vote all of the above!  Glasses here, Heads there and then come back for more Glasses!
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
« Reply #54 on: July 29, 2018, 05:57:08 pm »

Oh, here we go again, defending the evil of slavery. How noble, I'll want to read all of your posts.  I don't think that's backed up realistically, everyone knew Lincoln was going to end slavery.

By the way, some would put your favorite father and son presidents on the list as well, at least the son.

Offline TomSea

« Reply #55 on: July 29, 2018, 05:58:40 pm »
Abraham Lincoln is at the top of a lot of the best presidents in history lists, for those defending an evil like slavery. Deny it but it seems to me you are and such statements as above should not be uncontested.  Pretty hateful.
« Last Edit: July 29, 2018, 05:59:11 pm by TomSea »

Offline Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
« Reply #56 on: July 29, 2018, 06:01:18 pm »
Oh, here we go again, defending the evil of slavery. How noble, I'll want to read all of your posts.  I don't think that's backed up realistically, everyone knew Lincoln was going to end slavery.

By the way, some would put your favorite father and son presidents on the list as well, at least the son.

@TomSea

Your knowledge of history is SEVERLY lacking and you insist on putting the fact on display.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Online Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #57 on: July 29, 2018, 06:02:37 pm »

This is why @mystery-ak doesn't care for Civil War threads.  It's like religion, sooner or later somebody's damning other Members to heck for their views (or rather, perceptions of some by others).  In this case, I didn't see anybody "defending slavery."
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
« Reply #58 on: July 29, 2018, 06:03:07 pm »

@TomSea  why don't you just shut up.  Your opinions are ridiculous.  We are not talking about slavery but about a civil war over it that could have been prevented.  And don't even try with the Bush aside. 

Offline Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
« Reply #59 on: July 29, 2018, 06:09:28 pm »
I'm up for that as well!  Been working on the idea for some time in fact!

I vote all of the above!  Glasses here, Heads there and then come back for more Glasses!

Send me the GPS coordinates and there's a chance I'll be there.  (I'm a bit spatially challenged)

:cool:

« Last Edit: July 29, 2018, 06:12:47 pm by The Ghost »
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
« Reply #60 on: July 29, 2018, 06:31:02 pm »
I've been to several meetings of TOS members back in 'the day.  One of them had David Gold as a speaker along with one of Bill Clinton's Arkansas girlfriends who was pushing a book which I bought but no longer have.  I just bought it because she took the trouble to come to the meeting.  I have pictures.

Why don't y'all head on over to Maui and we can me at Kule's.

Offline TomSea

« Reply #61 on: July 29, 2018, 06:50:54 pm »
It's really why many call the USA the great country in the world, we saved the world in World War II, at least mostly and then, years earlier, we encountered slavery and put an end to it in this nation. One of the greatest moments of our nation. No revisionist history, the South was a white supremacist society which has no place to be in America. Lincoln also is one of the fathers of the Republican party, if you are putting him down.  What's next? claim George HW Bush helped engineer the JFK assassination because mud throwers should know, he is well accused of that and I consider it slander.   There is a whole forum dedicated to civil war talk. This is well over 80 years ago, so someone just decided to throw this in.  We are a city on the hill, we need to return to moral virtue.

Bushwhackers from both sides of the Kansas/Missouri border, abolitionists and pro-slavery,  attacked each other. There are a number of incidences that could have started the Civil War.

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
« Reply #62 on: July 29, 2018, 06:52:35 pm »
I've been to several meetings of TOS members back in 'the day.  One of them had David Gold as a speaker along with one of Bill Clinton's Arkansas girlfriends who was pushing a book which I bought but no longer have.  I just bought it because she took the trouble to come to the meeting.  I have pictures.

Why don't y'all head on over to Maui and we can me at Kule's.

I like it.  Gotta be a lot cooler in Maui. 

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
« Reply #63 on: July 29, 2018, 07:06:08 pm »
I like it.  Gotta be a lot cooler in Maui.

In some parts of Maui, yeah, especially in higher elevations and in rain forest areas where we first lived (Haiku).

But in Kihei is is hot as hell because it goes up to 87 every day with hardly any breeze and high humidity.  But at night, it's okay.

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
« Reply #64 on: July 29, 2018, 07:08:19 pm »
In some parts of Maui, yeah, especially in higher elevations and in rain forest areas where we first lived (Haiku).

But in Kihei is is hot as hell because it goes up to 87 every day with hardly any breeze and high humidity.  But at night, it's okay.

Oh, Emjay, 87 sounds heavenly!  103 here right now.

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
« Reply #65 on: July 29, 2018, 07:08:49 pm »
It's really why many call the USA the great country in the world, we saved the world in World War II, at least mostly and then, years earlier, we encountered slavery and put an end to it in this nation. One of the greatest moments of our nation. No revisionist history, the South was a white supremacist society which has no place to be in America. Lincoln also is one of the fathers of the Republican party, if you are putting him down.  What's next? claim George HW Bush helped engineer the JFK assassination because mud throwers should know, he is well accused of that and I consider it slander.   There is a whole forum dedicated to civil war talk. This is well over 80 years ago, so someone just decided to throw this in.  We are a city on the hill, we need to return to moral virtue.

Bushwhackers from both sides of the Kansas/Missouri border, abolitionists and pro-slavery,  attacked each other. There are a number of incidences that could have started the Civil War.

Nobody would know how abysmally ignorant you are about that period in U.S. History if you didn't keep posting puerile, nonsensical opinions.

Offline Mod5

« Reply #66 on: July 29, 2018, 07:18:53 pm »
Please stick to the topic.  This is not a thread about the Civil War, nor the relative morality of the two sides.  Further comments along those lines will be deleted in whole.

Offline libertybele

« Reply #67 on: July 29, 2018, 07:20:12 pm »
I have another to add to the list:

John McCain
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
« Reply #68 on: July 29, 2018, 07:20:21 pm »
Nobody would know how abysmally ignorant you are about that period in U.S. History if you didn't keep posting puerile, nonsensical opinions.

:thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
« Reply #69 on: July 29, 2018, 07:20:45 pm »
Thank you, MOD!

Offline INVAR

• Dread To Tread
    • Sword At The Ready
« Reply #70 on: July 29, 2018, 07:21:15 pm »
Please stick to the topic.  This is not a thread about the Civil War, nor the relative morality of the two sides.  Further comments along those lines will be deleted in whole.

Sorry - missed your post when writing my last.
Fart for freedom, fart for liberty and fart proudly.  - Benjamin Franklin

...Obsta principiis—Nip the shoots of arbitrary power in the bud, is the only maxim which can ever preserve the liberties of any people. When the people give way, their deceivers, betrayers and destroyers press upon them so fast that there is no resisting afterwards. The nature of the encroachment upon [the] American constitution is such, as to grow every day more and more encroaching. Like a cancer, it eats faster and faster every hour." - John Adams, February 6, 1775

Offline austingirl

• Cruz 2016- a Constitutional Conservative at last!
« Reply #71 on: July 29, 2018, 07:52:40 pm »
@Cyber Liberty

I beg to differ with you here.  The Washington elites have gotten really good at controlling who we are allowed to elect to "represent" us.  But, in the end, I suppose it's still the voters for being so stupid as to fall for that crap.

The two party system and outrageous sums of money spent on elections have created a barrier of entry for decent conservative people without connections.

FDR and Wilson were certainly destructive but the scope of the list is the author's eight decades.
Principles matter. Words matter.

Offline INVAR

• Dread To Tread
    • Sword At The Ready
« Reply #72 on: July 29, 2018, 08:08:42 pm »
The two party system and outrageous sums of money spent on elections have created a barrier of entry for decent conservative people without connections.

FDR and Wilson were certainly destructive but the scope of the list is the author's eight decades.

This is true.  We have created a political caste in this country.  Money flows to the caste leadership and they dispense it to those whom they have chosen to further the empowerment of the caste and its agenda.  Public servants no longer exist in this country - and the reality is that they have not existed fro a long, long time.

Notice that the only ones capable of challenging that caste - are independently wealthy people who use their own billions to help get them into a position of entry.
« Last Edit: July 29, 2018, 08:09:32 pm by INVAR »
Fart for freedom, fart for liberty and fart proudly.  - Benjamin Franklin

...Obsta principiis—Nip the shoots of arbitrary power in the bud, is the only maxim which can ever preserve the liberties of any people. When the people give way, their deceivers, betrayers and destroyers press upon them so fast that there is no resisting afterwards. The nature of the encroachment upon [the] American constitution is such, as to grow every day more and more encroaching. Like a cancer, it eats faster and faster every hour." - John Adams, February 6, 1775

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
« Reply #73 on: July 29, 2018, 08:55:44 pm »
@Cyber Liberty
Thanks for the post. I'm saving this article for future reference. Our national government has been seriously infiltrated by the enemy. Returning the national government to a federal government will require shuttering agencies and mass firings to save the republic.
A serious question: Is there a nation in Europe, or a State in our Union, that has done the requisite "shuttering?"

I just heard a commentator on the radio, note that governments at all levels, enact scores of laws, which overtime stay on the books, yet go unenforced.

In turn he stated that situation contributes to loss of respect for "rule of law," and for government in general.
"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln

Offline musiclady

« Reply #74 on: July 29, 2018, 09:11:31 pm »
Thank you, MOD!

Indeed!

Now I don't have to keep clicking on "Mark as Read" to avoid the battle. 
Character still matters.  It always matters.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Use the time God is giving us to seek His will and feel His presence.