Author Topic: Ted Cruz proposes 5 debates with Beto O’Rourke in U.S. Senate race  (Read 656 times)

Offline Elderberry

• TBR Contributor
Texas Tribune by Patrick Svitek July 25, 2018

U.S. Sen. Ted Cruz, R-Texas, has challenged Democratic opponent Beto O'Rourke to five topical debates before Election Day, about three months after O'Rourke challenged Cruz to six.

Cruz strategist Jeff Roe sent a letter Wednesday to O'Rourke, an El Paso congressman, proposing the following debate schedule:

Aug. 31 in Dallas on "Jobs/Taxes/Federal Regulations/National Economy"
    Sept. 14 in McAllen on "Immigration/Border Security/Criminal Justice/Supreme Court"
    Sept. 21 in San Antonio on "Foreign Policy/National Security"
    Oct. 5 in Houston on "Energy/Trade/Texas Economy"
    Oct. 12 in Lubbock on "Healthcare/Obamacare"

Roe said the debates would all take place on Friday evenings "because the Senate is expected to be in session during that time." The debates would each be an hour long and vary in format — some would be town hall-style, while others would feature the two candidates seated or standing at podiums.

More: https://www.texastribune.org/2018/07/25/ted-cruz-proposes-five-debates-beto-orourke-texas/

Offline Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
My only wish is that Ted, in the course of the debate(s), address his opponent as "Paddy O'Rourke".

I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Offline GrouchoTex

My only wish is that Ted, in the course of the debate(s), address his opponent as "Paddy O'Rourke".

Paddy O'Rouke
Radar O'Reilly

He could just mix a bunch of Spanish first names with Irish last names, and drop them in, now and again.

Carlos McPherson
Juan O'Toole
Pedro Maguire
etc...