Author Topic: Nine people shot, shooter dead after gunfire in Toronto: police  (Read 2094 times)

Offline Suppressed

Nine people shot, shooter dead after gunfire in Toronto: police
CTVNews.ca Staff
Published Sunday, July 22, 2018 10:47PM EDT
Last Updated Monday, July 23, 2018 12:04AM EDT

Toronto police say nine people have been shot, including a young girl, and the shooter is dead after gunfire rang out in a busy Toronto neighbourhood.

The victims were taken to city hospitals, but the extent of their injuries was not immediately clear. Paramedics said the young victim was taken to Toronto’s Hospital for Sick Children. 

[...]

Multiple witnesses told CP24 that they heard anywhere between a dozen and 20 shots. One man told the TV station that he saw the shooter, who was dressed in black and wearing a hat.

[...]

https://www.ctvnews.ca/canada/nine-people-shot-shooter-dead-after-gunfire-in-toronto-police-1.4023591
+++++++++
“In the outside world, I'm a simple geologist. But in here .... I am Falcor, Defender of the Alliance” --Randy Marsh

“The most effectual means of being secure against pain is to retire within ourselves, and to suffice for our own happiness.” -- Thomas Jefferson

“He's so dumb he thinks a Mexican border pays rent.” --Foghorn Leghorn

Offline Suppressed

Re: Nine people shot, shooter dead after gunfire in Toronto: police
« Reply #1 on: July 23, 2018, 04:39:30 am »
From https://www.theglobeandmail.com/canada/article-reports-of-multiple-shooting-on-danforth/
He could not provide the number of patients, but said they were dealing with “several high-acuity critically injured patients, including one child.”

Police spokesman Mark Pugash also confirmed that the suspected shooter was dead, but he didn’t provide further details.

Emergency crews were called to the scene at Danforth and Logan avenues, in Toronto’s east end, where a piazza with a water fountain − a popular neighbourhood spot for locals − was teeming with people, just after 10 p.m.

Neighbours described hearing gunshots, quickly followed by screaming. A second round of shots followed. People quickly started fleeing. “There was a lot of shots. It would shoot, there’d be a pause, we heard more shooting, and then a pause and then more shooting. There must’ve been 20, 30 shots, altogether. It was a lot. We just ran,” said John Tulloch, who was on Danforth Avenue for a nighttime walk with his brother at the time.
+++++++++
“In the outside world, I'm a simple geologist. But in here .... I am Falcor, Defender of the Alliance” --Randy Marsh

“The most effectual means of being secure against pain is to retire within ourselves, and to suffice for our own happiness.” -- Thomas Jefferson

Offline Suppressed

« Reply #2 on: July 23, 2018, 04:42:42 am »
The Telegraph reports:
Toronto shooting: Nine people shot, including child, before gunman 'kills himself'

A gunman opened fire in Toronto's Greektown district on Sunday night, injuring nine people before reportedly turning his gun on himself.

[...]
+++++++++

Offline Sighlass

• Didn't vote for McCain Dole Romney Trump !
« Reply #3 on: July 23, 2018, 08:28:03 am »
I thought they didn't have these things North of the border? With all that gun control and hoops you had to perform to get a gun up there.
Exodus 18:21 Furthermore, you shall select out of all the people able men who fear God, men of truth, those who hate dishonest gain; and you shall place these over them as leaders over ....

Offline mountaineer

« Reply #4 on: July 23, 2018, 12:41:07 pm »
I thought they didn't have these things North of the border? With all that gun control and hoops you had to perform to get a gun up there.
Perhaps the Canucks (not to mention certain Europeans) could try being a little less smug about how their oppressive gun laws immunize them from all that nasty US-style gun violence.
Codi Wilson, CP24.com
Published Monday, July 23, 2018 6:14AM EDT
Last Updated Monday, July 23, 2018 8:23AM EDT

A second victim injured in a mass shooting on the Danforth on Sunday night has died, Toronto police confirm.

The name and age of the victim, who was one of 14 people shot when a gunman opened fire in the heart of Greektown last night, has not been released.

Shots rang out on Danforth Avenue, near Logan Avenue, at around 10 p.m. Sunday.

In a news release issued Monday morning, the Special Investigations Unit said a man was walking along the street on Danforth Avenue when he began shooting at groups of people several times.

According to the SIU, the gunman was located by officers on Bowden Street and an exchange of gunfire took place.

The suspect, the SIU said, fled the area and was later found dead on Danforth Avenue.

The man’s name has not been released but the Special Investigations Unit, which is currently probing the circumstances surrounding the incident, confirmed that the suspect is 29 years old.

Witnesses reported hearing 10 to 20 shots and some later told reporters that a number of people were seen lying on the ground after the gunfire erupted.

Toronto police confirmed that 14 people were shot, including one female who was pronounced dead at the scene and a child, who was rushed to hospital with critical injuries. ...

Investigators have not yet determined a motive in the shooting and are appealing to witnesses to come forward. ...
CP24
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline mountaineer

« Reply #5 on: July 23, 2018, 01:29:39 pm »
... Community and political leaders quickly denounced the proliferation of guns in the city following the shooting.

“Why do we need them? I don’t really understand that,” Coun. Mary Fragedakis said.

“This is not that kind of culture you know? If you’re living in a rural community and you need it because you hunt or because there’s wild animals, that’s one thing, but this is a city and [in] Canadians cities, there’s no need for guns.”
*****rollingeyes*****
More at Global News

The guy was screaming something, this site reports - no word yet on whether it rhymed with "snackbar."

Offline Restored

• TBR Advisory Committee
« Reply #6 on: July 23, 2018, 01:39:37 pm »
“Why do we need them? I don’t really understand that,” Coun. Mary Fragedakis said.

Someone inform her  that he was killed by someone with a gun.
Countdown to Resignation

Offline mountaineer

« Reply #7 on: July 23, 2018, 08:02:51 pm »
LEVY: Mayor and council helped create crime mess in Toronto
Sue-Ann Levy
Toronto Sun

A visibly shaken Mayor John Tory told council Monday morning he was understandably “angry” by the “unspeakable act” — a mass shooting– on Danforth Sunday night that left two dead and 13 injured.

“Our entire city has been shocked by this cowardly act of violence,” he said, referring to what appears to be a lone gunman who opened fire around 10 p.m. at innocent victims on the popular Greektown strip.

“While a city will always be resilient against such an attack, it doesn’t mean the attack is any less painful … this is another tragedy in our city this year.”

And then, after promising to be “relentless” about finding out why this senseless act occurred, Tory turned to his tired and predictable efforts to defer all blame to the lack of gun control.

“Guns are far too readily available to far too many people,” he said. “There are far too many people carrying around guns who should not have them.”

Councillor Mary Fragedakis, who represents part of the Danforth, couldn’t even get a few words out without crying uncontrollably.

Reading from her prepared script, she said she was “devastated” and hoped everyone would come together as a community.

Fletcher, a little more articulate, also blamed the “terrifying night on the Danforth” on the lack of gun control.

“I know we always say it can’t happen here when we see those gunmen in the States doing the same thing, but it has happened here now,” she said.

It made me incredibly angry listening to this nonsense because I truly feel — and have said it for months and months — that this was an incident waiting to happen and that proliferation of guns themselves are not the sole or even major problem.  ...

Read more of this excellent commentary

Offline mountaineer

« Reply #8 on: July 23, 2018, 08:08:37 pm »
Okay, so maybe the guy really did yell something about "all in the snackbar," or something like that.
WATCH: Toronto Police Press Conference on Terror Attack: Lead Detective Terry Brown we “won’t release name of shooter” “NOT ALLOWED to do it” there would be a “FRENZY ON SOCIAL MEDIA”
By Pamela Geller - on July 23, 2018

Chief Mark Saunders of the Toronto Police Service and Detective Sergeant Terry Brow  from the Homicide Squad held a press conference a few minutes ago discussing the monstrous shooting last night. The attacker opened fire on random families, friends etc who were dining at various restaurants on what was a lovely pleasant Sunday evening in Greektown, Toronto were .  An 18 year old and a ten year old child are now confirmed dead.  ...
Watch video here

Offline To-Whose-Benefit?

• Wulf Anson Author
« Reply #9 on: July 23, 2018, 08:18:50 pm »
*****rollingeyes*****
More at Global News

The guy was screaming something, this site reports - no word yet on whether it rhymed with "snackbar."

May be wrong here but I think I remember seeing that in Italy if someone whips out a weapon and gets out 1 audible Allahu that's it. The police just shoot him down before he can injure anyone.
My 'Viking Hunter' High Adventure Alternate History Series is FREE, ALL 3 volumes, at most ebook retailers including Ibooks, Barnes and Noble, Kobo, and more.

In Vol 2 the weapons come out in a winner take all war on two fronts.

Vol 3 opens with the rigged murder trial of the villain in a Viking Court under Viking law to set the stage for the hero's own murder trial.

http://wulfanson.blogspot.com

Offline Restored

• TBR Advisory Committee
« Reply #10 on: July 23, 2018, 08:27:16 pm »
They want to get the Gun Control narrative locked in with no distractions.
Countdown to Resignation

Offline mountaineer

« Reply #11 on: July 23, 2018, 11:03:26 pm »
The case, it is sol-ved!
Toronto gunman had ‘severe mental health challenges,’ according to family
By Stewart Bell   National Online Journalist, Investigative  Global News   

The parents of a gunman who killed two people and injured 13 others in Toronto on Sunday night said their son suffered from “severe mental health challenges.”

The shooter was identified by investigators as 29-year-old Faisal Hussain. ...
Full story

Offline dfwgator

« Reply #12 on: July 23, 2018, 11:21:20 pm »
The case, it is sol-ved!Full story

Islam is a mental illness so technically they’re right.

Offline jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Cat Mod
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
« Reply #13 on: July 23, 2018, 11:35:14 pm »
Toronto has strict gun control and is one of the most secular, prayerless cities in the world. But please, tell me how gun control and rejecting prayers is going to make America safer.
New profile picture in honor of Public Domain Day 2024

Offline Restored

• TBR Advisory Committee
« Reply #14 on: July 23, 2018, 11:40:47 pm »
This is a big distraction to the Gun Control narrative.
Countdown to Resignation

Online Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
« Reply #15 on: July 23, 2018, 11:40:55 pm »
Faisal Hussain.  Ah.  Must be A French Canadian that traveled over from Quebec.   
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #16 on: July 23, 2018, 11:41:47 pm »
The case, it is sol-ved!Full story

@mountaineer

DAMN! And here I was betting he was a Mennonite!
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
« Reply #17 on: July 23, 2018, 11:47:33 pm »
"The family of 29-year-old Faisal Hussain, the man named as the suspect in the Danforth shooting, said in a statement Monday that their son was "struggling with severe mental health challenges."

The mental health condition is ISLAMIC TERRORISM

and everybody in their right minds, knos this damn well, even if politicians can't say it.
"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln

Offline Suppressed

« Reply #18 on: July 24, 2018, 12:22:28 am »
Toronto has strict gun control and is one of the most secular, prayerless cities in the world. But please, tell me how gun control and rejecting prayers is going to make America safer.

Question is, where did he get the gun.
+++++++++

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
« Reply #19 on: July 24, 2018, 01:47:01 am »
I thought, I heard the number of deaths is now at 3...but let's say 2 because that is what the news stories still say:

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-canada-shooting/gunman-kills-two-injures-12-on-toronto-street-police-say-idUSKBN1KD1KF

I think there was another attack, Germany, where an attack occurred and again, they might have said "mental problems" though it was another one with a background such as above.

In fact, here it is and sadly, you know who is the violent religion for all intents and purposes:

My friend from Egypt would tell me about some of the bad Jihadist MB types back there and though, he continued to be a Muslim with some quote from the Koran on his wall, he said he didn't like the local Muslim center either. He was a pretty good guy and I found this out, when he got along well with this guy from Israel.

For years, there has been the bumpersticker "Coexist", I saw a remake of it the other day, "Teach Peace (symbol)", so, though that is not a perfect revision, it's a step up and yes, you can accuse all religions and many belief systems of violence.
« Last Edit: July 24, 2018, 01:53:26 am by TomSea »

Offline Suppressed

« Reply #20 on: July 24, 2018, 03:41:51 am »
I thought, I heard the number of deaths is now at 3...but let's say 2 because that is what the news stories still say:

Two, plus gunman = three
+++++++++

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
« Reply #21 on: July 24, 2018, 04:19:46 am »

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-canada-shooting/gunman-kills-two-injures-12-on-toronto-street-police-say-idUSKBN1KD1KF

I think there was another attack, Germany, where an attack occurred and again, they might have said "mental problems" though it was another one with a background such as above.

In fact, here it is and sadly, you know who is the violent religion for all intents and purposes:

My friend from Egypt would tell me about some of the bad Jihadist MB types back there and though, he continued to be a Muslim with some quote from the Koran on his wall, he said he didn't like the local Muslim center either. He was a pretty good guy and I found this out, when he got along well with this guy from Israel.

For years, there has been the bumpersticker "Coexist", I saw a remake of it the other day, "Teach Peace (symbol)", so, though that is not a perfect revision, it's a step up and yes, you can accuse all religions and many belief systems of violence.

oters in the UK, Hungary, Austria and Italy have taken anti-migrant stands the best they can with Europe's goofy multi-party systems. Even the US to a degree.

Yet watch the delays and foot dragging.
"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln

Offline Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...
« Reply #22 on: July 24, 2018, 04:46:44 am »
These kind of things don't happen in Canada! They have gun control! Capitalist pig lies!
The Republic is lost.

Offline dfwgator

« Reply #23 on: July 24, 2018, 05:37:17 am »
These kind of things don't happen in Canada! They have gun control! Capitalist pig lies!

Fake News!

Offline Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...
« Reply #24 on: July 24, 2018, 05:47:03 am »
Interesting tweet:

☩ Faith J Goldy ☩
🍁
‏Verified account @FaithGoldy
4m4 minutes ago

I know firearms & have taken combat handgun training. Hussain is holding the firearm w a flawless push-pull grip, thumbs & fingers aligned as they should be despite adrenaline & chaos; many targets acquired.

This was NOT his first time w a gun.

Who trained the Toronto shooter?

The Republic is lost.