Author Topic: Alex Epstein rips carbon tax: ‘Those who actually care about CO2 emissions should be focused on libe  (Read 388 times)

rangerrebew

Alex Epstein rips carbon tax: ‘Those who actually care about CO2 emissions should be focused on liberating all forms of energy’ – NOT making today’s energy more expensive

By: Marc Morano - Climate DepotJuly 19, 2018 1:36 PM with 0 comments

Will we get a carbon tax?

By Alex Epstein

Right now there’s a lot of discussion in Congress about a carbon tax, with some House Republicans planning to introduce legislation calling for a $23 per ton carbon tax and other House Republicans pushing for an anti-carbon tax resolution.

In my recent debate in Monaco on the future of energy I talked about carbon taxes during the Q&A portion of the discussion. Here’s what I said (edited for clarity), followed by some brief further thoughts:

I’m not anti-solar, anti-wind, or anti- any other source of energy. I want energy sources to be able to compete. My opponents on the other hand are calling for radical restrictions on fossil fuels.

http://www.climatedepot.com/2018/07/19/alex-epstein-rips-carbon-tax-those-who-actually-care-about-co2-emissions-should-be-focused-on-liberating-all-forms-of-energy-not-making-todays-energy-more-expensive/

Offline IsailedawayfromFR

Republicans pushing for a carbon tax?

Why?
No punishment, in my opinion, is too great, for the man who can build his greatness upon his country's ruin~  George Washington