Author Topic: Jeff Flake takes to Senate floor to suggest Trump committed TREASON by giving 'aid and comfort' to '  (Read 8342 times)

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits

Anyway back to Barry Goldwater. "Conservatism" has wandered, with the evangelicals clearly dominating, and that leaves Goldwater outside their circle--even if they say otherwise.

Goldwater was far more of the libertarian wing at his end. That also suits me well.

@truth_seeker

And THAT was correct for a conservative POV. It recognizes personal freedoms,whereas the Bible-Thumpers want us all to be slaves to their God,and to dictate to us how to live. There IS no freedom in a country dominated by religion,only slaves and masters.
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline Slide Rule

So Flake wants a friend in Washington.

What is the matter?

Can't he afford a dog?

:)
White, American, MAGA, 3% Neanderthal, and 97% Extreme Right Wing Conservative.

Recommended

J Boswell, The Life of Samuel Johnson
E Burke, Reflections on the Revolution in France
N Davies, Europe: A History
R Feynman, The Feynman Lectures on Physics
R Penrose, The Road To Reality & The Emperor's New Mind
K Popper, An Open Society and Its Enemies & The Logic of Scientific Discovery
A Solzhenitsyn, The Gulag Archipelago, & Everything he wrote

Offline INVAR

• Dread To Tread
    • Sword At The Ready
There IS no freedom in a country dominated by religion,only slaves and masters.

There is no liberty in a country devoid of biblical morality and personal adherence to religion, you only have slaves and masters to the government then.
Fart for freedom, fart for liberty and fart proudly.  - Benjamin Franklin

...Obsta principiis—Nip the shoots of arbitrary power in the bud, is the only maxim which can ever preserve the liberties of any people. When the people give way, their deceivers, betrayers and destroyers press upon them so fast that there is no resisting afterwards. The nature of the encroachment upon [the] American constitution is such, as to grow every day more and more encroaching. Like a cancer, it eats faster and faster every hour." - John Adams, February 6, 1775

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
@Emjay
Don't get me started on Zombies....

I killed so many zombies (vicariously) on The Walking Dead.  But I gave the show up a couple of years ago.  It lost its charm, or whatever.  Or I just lost interest.  But zombies have definitely taken over the weird world.  I used to watch Buffy the Vampire Slayer.  At least it took a little skill to take out a vampire.
Against stupidity, the Gods themselves contend in vain.

Online Weird Tolkienish Figure

• Technical
This is asinine. The statement and entire presser was cringe worthy and idiotic, but even with the biggest stretch it doesn't amount to treason. Stupid yes, treason no.

Wow, didn't expect that coming from you.

But yeah, I'm in 100% agreement. Flake obviously has some axe to grind against his orangeness.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
So Flake wants a friend in Washington.

What is the matter?

Can't he afford a dog?

:)

@Slide Rule

Even the dogs in DC can't be trusted,

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
There is no liberty in a country devoid of biblical morality and personal adherence to religion, you only have slaves and masters to the government then.

@INVAR

You mean the morality that demands soldiers swing the babies of their enemies into stone walls to bash their brains out so that people will cease to exist?

Or maybe the morality that worships a kind and loving God that teaches children they will burn in hell fire forever if they have lustful thoughts,never mind actually do something lustful?

Or the morality of a people that worship a God that will condemn humans to hellfire forever for being jealous,and then turns around and claims "I am a jealous God,and you will have no other Gods before me!"

Ahhhh,there is just soooo MUCH love there!

Organized religion is about nothing but power and wealth. They use the threat of hell and the promise of eternal life to con the guilty and the weak-minded into doing anything they want them to do in order to avoid hell and live forever.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
I killed so many zombies (vicariously) on The Walking Dead.  But I gave the show up a couple of years ago.  It lost its charm, or whatever.  Or I just lost interest.  But zombies have definitely taken over the weird world.  I used to watch Buffy the Vampire Slayer.  At least it took a little skill to take out a vampire.

@Emjay

The Walking Dead isn't really about zombies or the supernatural. They were just the "tool" used to set the stage and to pull in younger viewers. It's really about what would happen if civilization were to collapse,and how we could or would go about restoring order again.

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
@Emjay

The Walking Dead isn't really about zombies or the supernatural. They were just the "tool" used to set the stage and to pull in younger viewers. It's really about what would happen if civilization were to collapse,and how we could or would go about restoring order again.

@sneakypete   Did you ever notice there were no fat zombies?  What's up with that.  There are a lot of fat people; did they suddenly lose weight when bitten?

Online Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
@sneakypete   Did you ever notice there were no fat zombies?  What's up with that.  There are a lot of fat people; did they suddenly lose weight when bitten?

I always figured they were Anorexic from living with Democrats. :shrug:
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Online Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
I always figured they were Anorexic from living with Democrats. :shrug:

There are two kinds of zombies. Regular, slow, leg-dragging overwieght zombies, and super-fast zombies. Both are stupid and can't figure out how to throw a rock through a window or talk more than two words (usually "eat" and "brains"), but the super-fast zombies are 30Xs scarier than the regular type.  The super fast ones are the thin Zombies All the fastness speeds up their metabolism. The difference between the two is like this: You either see the hoard of zombies coming from 2 miles away, and you have about 6 hours to prepare your evacuation of the area, pack the car, lock the door, and leave food out for Fluffy; Or, you see the hoard of zombies coming from 2 miles away, and --- You're dead because they got to you before you could tell your wife, "Dear, there's zombies a'comin'."
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Online Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
This zombie business is far more complicated than I thought....

Where does the baseball bat wrapped in barbed wire come it?
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Online Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
This zombie business is far more complicated than I thought....

Where does the baseball bat wrapped in barbed wire come it?

Was that in season 7 of the Walking Dead?

I missed it!   :)

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits

@Emjay

Don't know. I am guessing all that wandering around at 1 MPH limits the amount of food they eat.

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
@Emjay

Don't know. I am guessing all that wandering around at 1 MPH limits the amount of food they eat.

I think we may be attributing more to that series than existed in it.  It's sad because the first few years contained some really good stories.

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
There are two kinds of zombies. Regular, slow, leg-dragging overwieght zombies, and super-fast zombies. Both are stupid and can't figure out how to throw a rock through a window or talk more than two words (usually "eat" and "brains"), but the super-fast zombies are 30Xs scarier than the regular type.  The super fast ones are the thin Zombies All the fastness speeds up their metabolism. The difference between the two is like this: You either see the hoard of zombies coming from 2 miles away, and you have about 6 hours to prepare your evacuation of the area, pack the car, lock the door, and leave food out for Fluffy; Or, you see the hoard of zombies coming from 2 miles away, and --- You're dead because they got to you before you could tell your wife, "Dear, there's zombies a'comin'."

Fortunately, I never saw the 'fast zombie.'  But leaving Fluffy to get eaten... that just ain't right.

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
@truth_seeker

And THAT was correct for a conservative POV. It recognizes personal freedoms,whereas the Bible-Thumpers want us all to be slaves to their God,and to dictate to us how to live. There IS no freedom in a country dominated by religion,only slaves and masters.

That is why I said conservatism has wandered, and one (or more) of our members speaks as if he would be Lord Protector Oliver Cromwell, of a theocracy.

Flake together with #nevertrumpers on the left and right, are consumed with TDS, to an extent it mimics a mental illness, if not one in fact.

When they run their mouths, they only prove their ignorance.
"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln

Offline INVAR

• Dread To Tread
    • Sword At The Ready

You mean the morality that demands soldiers swing the babies of their enemies into stone walls to bash their brains out so that people will cease to exist?

What 'morality' written in scripture demands that Petey?  That war is hell is inarguable.  War is a consequence of nations and their leaders not governed by God.

Or maybe the morality that worships a kind and loving God that teaches children they will burn in hell fire forever if they have lustful thoughts,never mind actually do something lustful?

Or the morality of a people that worship a God that will condemn humans to hellfire forever for being jealous,and then turns around and claims "I am a jealous God,and you will have no other Gods before me!"

Not all of us subscribe to that everlasting life in hellfire doctrine Pete.  Some of us understand that there is no life after death except through Christ.

Ahhhh,there is just soooo MUCH love there!

Sometimes you let rebellious children suffer the consequences of going their own way and doing what they insist on doing.  Love can be tough if you ever want your kid to mature.

Organized religion is about nothing but power and wealth.

That indeed is the history of nearly all organized religions on the planet.

They use the threat of hell and the promise of eternal life to con the guilty and the weak-minded into doing anything they want them to do in order to avoid hell and live forever.

I think you understand we all die and turn to dust.  You're not interested in anything more than living it out in this miserable flesh?  Is there something inherently evil in your estimation in  the concept of reward for good works and punishment and denial of blessings for evil works?

You know, the evils of murder, torture, theft, betrayal, usury and other fun done by those who are not governed by doing whatever they want to do according to their lusts and desires because they have zero belief in morality.

...Obsta principiis—Nip the shoots of arbitrary power in the bud, is the only maxim which can ever preserve the liberties of any people. When the people give way, their deceivers, betrayers and destroyers press upon them so fast that there is no resisting afterwards. The nature of the encroachment upon [the] American constitution is such, as to grow every day more and more encroaching. Like a cancer, it eats faster and faster every hour." - John Adams, February 6, 1775

Offline INVAR

• Dread To Tread
    • Sword At The Ready
That is why I said conservatism has wandered, and one (or more) of our members speaks as if he would be Lord Protector Oliver Cromwell, of a theocracy.

Now you're just running with the Godless Leftists and stealing their talking points by accusing those who are advocating the culture be self-governed by the biblical traditions as demanding a theocracy.

How lazy and convenient for you.

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
Now you're just running with the Godless Leftists and stealing their talking points by accusing those who are advocating the culture be self-governed by the biblical traditions as demanding a theocracy.

How lazy and convenient for you.

Hey, we're talkin' zombies here.  Get with the program.

Online Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
Hey, we're talkin' zombies here.  Get with the program.

Maybe we can get on the pie subject?
I will NOT comply.

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
Maybe we can get on the pie subject?

That could work also.

Online Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
That could work also.

I got a new Sous Vide precision cooker on Prime Day....
I will NOT comply.

Online dfwgator

Was Ike giving "Aid and Comfort" when he spoke out about the Military-Industrial Complex?

Online Wingnut

I got a new Sous Vide precision cooker on Prime Day....

Sous-vide is a method of cooking in which food is placed in a plastic pouch or a glass jar and then placed in a water bath or steam environment for longer than normal cooking times at an accurately regulated temperature.

Okay then.  Bet that makes for some mighty taste vittles.