Author Topic: Jobless claims fall to the lowest level since 1969  (Read 796 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Jobless claims fall to the lowest level since 1969
« on: July 19, 2018, 02:05:35 pm »
Jobless claims fall to the lowest level since 1969
by Joseph Lawler
 | July 19, 2018 08:30 AM

New claims for unemployment benefits fell 8,000 to 207,000 in the second week of July, the Department of Labor reported Thursday morning, the lowest such number since 1969.

Forecasters had expected new jobless claims to edge up to around 220,000. Instead, fewer people sought unemployment insurance than anytime in 48 years.

Thursday's benchmark is especially impressive given that the labor force is twice as large as it was in late 1969.

Then, the unemployment rate was 3.5 percent, Richard Nixon was president, and "Na Na Hey Hey Kiss Him Goodbye" was the top song in the country.

Low claims are a sign of a healthy labor market. They indicate that layoffs are rare and that job creation is strong.

Claims have stayed historically low in recent months, signaling that the jobs market is going to get better even with unemployment, at 4 percent, already near the lowest it has been in decades.

more
https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/policy/economy/jobless-claims-fall-to-the-lowest-level-since-1969
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
Re: Jobless claims fall to the lowest level since 1969
« Reply #1 on: July 19, 2018, 02:13:48 pm »
Those numbers are meaningless.  We are heading into the greatest recession since the great depression, from high inflation to hyper inflation, under this President.  Or, so I have been told.
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
« Reply #2 on: July 20, 2018, 01:06:15 am »
Ghost wrote:
"We are heading into the greatest recession since the great depression, from high inflation to hyper inflation, under this President.  Or, so I have been told."

Yup, think of all the damage that those tariffs are causing!
Look at all the other threads of gloom and doom in this category!

Then... check the jobless rate, and.... ?

Offline Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
« Reply #3 on: July 20, 2018, 01:10:13 am »
Ghost wrote:
"We are heading into the greatest recession since the great depression, from high inflation to hyper inflation, under this President.  Or, so I have been told."

Yup, think of all the damage that those tariffs are causing!
Look at all the other threads of gloom and doom in this category!

Then... check the jobless rate, and.... ?

Soup lines and homelessness.  It is a commin. 
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.