Author Topic: 'At least half Holy Shroud bloodstains fake'  (Read 1502 times)

rangerrebew

'At least half Holy Shroud bloodstains fake'
« on: July 18, 2018, 05:17:28 pm »

7/16/2018 09:00:00 PM 

At least half the bloodstains on the Holy Shroud of Turin are fake, a new study says. Only some of the stains are compatible with the position of a crucified man, while others do not find justification in any position of the body, either on the cross or in the tomb, said the study carried out by Matteo Borrini of the University of Liverpool and Luigi Garlaschelli of pseudoscience expose group CICAP.

The experiment, which used forensic-science methods to reconstruct the formation of the stains, was published in the latest issue of the Journal of Forensic Sciences.

"We did not analyze the substance that formed the stains but we wanted to verify how they could have been formed on the shroud," Borrini told ANSA. To do this, crucifixion was simulated on one of the authors of the study, Garlaschelli, using both real and artificial blood.

https://archaeologynewsnetwork.blogspot.com/2018/07/at-least-half-holy-shroud-bloodstains.html

Offline thackney

Re: 'At least half Holy Shroud bloodstains fake'
« Reply #1 on: July 18, 2018, 06:09:36 pm »
However, the stains on the wrist and in the lumbar area "cannot be justified in any position of the body, either on the cross or after buried", he noted. The experiment showed that one of the stains is entirely unrealistic, one that is shaped like a belt around the lumbar area, due to the possible bleeding after the death from a wound to the side, whether when the body was laid in its burial position or when it was wrapped in the shroud.

Crucifixion was only the last step.  There were causes of additional bleeding before then.

John 19, 1-2

Mark 15, 15-20

Matthew 27, 26-31

Life is fragile, handle with prayer

Offline Sighlass

• Didn't vote for McCain Dole Romney Trump !
« Reply #2 on: July 18, 2018, 11:08:32 pm »

Crucifixion was only the last step.  There were causes of additional bleeding before then.

John 19, 1-2

Mark 15, 15-20

Matthew 27, 26-31

Thanks @thackney couldn't of said it better.
Exodus 18:21 Furthermore, you shall select out of all the people able men who fear God, men of truth, those who hate dishonest gain; and you shall place these over them as leaders over ....

Offline Idiot

« Reply #3 on: July 19, 2018, 01:56:45 am »
However, the stains on the wrist and in the lumbar area "cannot be justified in any position of the body, either on the cross or after buried", he noted. The experiment showed that one of the stains is entirely unrealistic, one that is shaped like a belt around the lumbar area, due to the possible bleeding after the death from a wound to the side, whether when the body was laid in its burial position or when it was wrapped in the shroud.

John 19, 1-2

Mark 15, 15-20

Matthew 27, 26-31

Even painting is difficult to view.....

Offline DB

« Reply #4 on: July 19, 2018, 02:02:41 am »
"science"...

These people make a joke of the word.

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
« Reply #5 on: July 19, 2018, 02:25:24 am »
"We did not analyze the substance that formed the stains but we wanted to verify how they could have been formed on the shroud," Borrini told ANSA. To do this, crucifixion was simulated on one of the authors of the study, Garlaschelli, using both real and artificial blood.
"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln

Online roamer_1

« Reply #6 on: July 19, 2018, 02:34:07 am »

And that painting does not do it justice at all. If you've ever seen what a cat-o-nine tails can do... It is absolutely horrific.

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
« Reply #7 on: July 19, 2018, 05:40:49 am »
And that painting does not do it justice at all. If you've ever seen what a cat-o-nine tails can do... It is absolutely horrific.
The weights on the ends of the individual strands of the cat, or even just knots, had a distinct tendency when wielded by a master to shred flesh.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Online roamer_1

« Reply #8 on: July 19, 2018, 07:49:32 am »
The weights on the ends of the individual strands of the cat, or even just knots, had a distinct tendency when wielded by a master to shred flesh.

Yeah, I made one back in the day for a science project. The one I patterned after had sharpened weights... We tried it out on a dead pig that thing cut right down to bone, and cut the bone. How anyone survived 50 lashes seems unlikely.

There are accounts of Yeshua's crucifixion which say exactly that - That his bones were laid bare (see Psalms for instance)... I take that literally since that experiment...

Offline thackney

« Reply #9 on: July 19, 2018, 11:30:07 am »

@mrpotatohead

Far easier than the first pic I grabbed.  The end of the flagellation from Mel Gibson's Passion of Christ.  It made a VERY lasting impression on me.  The words "This is my body, broken for you.  This is my blood, shed for you." have an immense impression on me, after watching that movie.

Too much to post here, I decided.

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
« Reply #10 on: July 19, 2018, 02:56:55 pm »
@mrpotatohead

Far easier than the first pic I grabbed.  The end of the flagellation from Mel Gibson's Passion of Christ.  It made a VERY lasting impression on me.  The words "This is my body, broken for you.  This is my blood, shed for you." have an immense impression on me, after watching that movie.

Too much to post here, I decided.
I saw that movie as well. One word for the portrayal of The Passion: Powerful. You are not the same after you see that movie.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline thackney

« Reply #11 on: July 19, 2018, 03:43:58 pm »
I saw that movie as well. One word for the portrayal of The Passion: Powerful. You are not the same after you see that movie.

My church at that time did communion once a month.  I was glad I had nearly 3 weeks before the next one.

Offline RoosGirl

« Reply #12 on: July 19, 2018, 06:42:33 pm »
I posted this article here a while ago:

https://hyetert.org/2018/03/29/professor-creates-3d-image-of-jesus-based-on-shroud-of-turin/

‘I counted 370 wounds from the flagellation, without taking into account the wounds on his sides, which the Shroud doesn’t show because it only enveloped the back and front of the body,’ he said.
« Last Edit: July 19, 2018, 06:43:20 pm by RoosGirl »

Offline thackney

« Reply #13 on: July 20, 2018, 03:07:04 pm »
I posted this article here a while ago:

https://hyetert.org/2018/03/29/professor-creates-3d-image-of-jesus-based-on-shroud-of-turin/

Thank you for the reminder.

L'uomo della Sindone: scolpito nel marmo
(The man of the Shroud: carved in marble)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PSUlyDG2M4M

Offline dfwgator

« Reply #14 on: July 20, 2018, 03:12:22 pm »
"science"...

These people make a joke of the word.

Offline dfwgator

« Reply #15 on: July 20, 2018, 03:20:06 pm »
So that means some are legit, they're just being pessimists.