Author Topic: A NEW LOW IN CORPORATE VIRTUE-SIGNALING  (Read 1021 times)

Offline endicom

A NEW LOW IN CORPORATE VIRTUE-SIGNALING
« on: July 16, 2018, 12:36:33 am »
Power Line
John Hinderaker
July 15, 2018

Someday, historians will analyze what caused American corporations to veer sharply to the left in the early years of the 21st century. It is a weird phenomenon, as exemplified by the case of WeWork:

Office space sharing company WeWork says it is no longer serving red or white meat at company events.

In an email to employees Thursday, co-founder and Chief Creative Officer Miguel McKelvey said the company won’t serve pork, poultry or red meat, and it won’t allow employees to expense meals that include those meats to the company. Fish will stay on the menu.

I would love to be present when a WeWork marketer takes a prospective client to lunch and explains that he can’t order a hamburger or a chicken salad sandwich. WeWork’s “Chief Creative Officer”–that’s a bad sign, right there–explains the company’s theory:

More... http://www.powerlineblog.com/archives/2018/07/a-new-low-in-corporate-virtue-signaling.php

Offline InHeavenThereIsNoBeer

Re: A NEW LOW IN CORPORATE VIRTUE-SIGNALING
« Reply #1 on: July 16, 2018, 01:49:29 am »
I would love to be present when a WeWork marketer takes a prospective client to lunch and explains that he can’t order a hamburger or a chicken salad sandwich.

Client can order whatever he wants.  The receipt will show a higher priced item that is compliant with the company policy, along with tip adjusted upwards accordingly.

The author has clearly never dined at the Crystal City Restaurant.
My avatar shows the national debt in stacks of $100 bills.  If you look very closely under the crane you can see the Statue of Liberty.

Offline endicom

Re: A NEW LOW IN CORPORATE VIRTUE-SIGNALING
« Reply #2 on: July 16, 2018, 02:16:00 am »
I would love to be present when a WeWork marketer takes a prospective client to lunch and explains that he can’t order a hamburger or a chicken salad sandwich.

Client can order whatever he wants.  The receipt will show a higher priced item that is compliant with the company policy, along with tip adjusted upwards accordingly.

The author has clearly never dined at the Crystal City Restaurant.

Employees learn to work around the nonsense forced on them. They have to to get the job done.