Author Topic: Apple launches $300 mn 'green' fund for China suppliers  (Read 620 times)

rangerrebew

Apple launches $300 mn 'green' fund for China suppliers
« on: July 15, 2018, 08:09:55 pm »
Apple launches $300 mn 'green' fund for China suppliers
July 13, 2018

Apple said on Friday it has established a fund to invest nearly $300 million over the next four years to connect its Chinese suppliers to renewable energy as Beijing pushes an anti-pollution drive.

The US giant said it and 10 initial suppliers would jointly provide the money for the China Clean Energy Fund, aimed at helping the companies make the transition to clean energy.

Apple said the project would produce an initial one gigawatt of clean energy, equivalent to powering nearly a million homes.

Read more at: https://phys.org/news/2018-07-apple-mn-green-fund-china.html#jCp

rangerrebew

Re: Apple launches $300 mn 'green' fund for China suppliers
« Reply #1 on: July 15, 2018, 08:10:48 pm »
I guess the U.S. is getting so green there was no need to consider this country instead of China. :whistle:

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
Re: Apple launches $300 mn 'green' fund for China suppliers
« Reply #2 on: July 15, 2018, 10:57:05 pm »
I guess the U.S. is getting so green there was no need to consider this country instead of China. :whistle:

China is probably demanding it as the cost of doing business there, and will likely nationalize everything they can as soon as Apple finishes paying for it.  But that's OK, Apple can afford to piss away $300M because it makes their customers and shareholders happy to be virtue signaling.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed: