Author Topic: 5 Lost Legendary Cities That Have Never Been Found  (Read 728 times)

rangerrebew

5 Lost Legendary Cities That Have Never Been Found
« on: July 15, 2018, 07:59:04 pm »
5 Lost Legendary Cities That Have Never Been Found

by Ivan

Who doesn’t love a good adventure story? And who doesn’t love Indiana Jones Movies, right? And wouldn’t’ it be awesome to find Atlantis one day?

Despite the fact that Atlantis may be one of the most well-known ‘lost’ ancient cities, there are many other places as mysterious and stunning as Atlantis.

In this article, I invite to join me as we explore five of lost legendary ancient cities that have eluded experts for centuries.

https://www.ancient-code.com/5-lost-legendary-cities-never-found/

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
Re: 5 Lost Legendary Cities That Have Never Been Found
« Reply #1 on: July 15, 2018, 08:02:57 pm »
Hmmmm. They left out Sodom and Gomorrah.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline thackney

« Reply #2 on: July 16, 2018, 02:55:59 pm »
Hmmmm. They left out Sodom and Gomorrah.

Well, we know they were destroyed.  Probably nothing let recognizable as a city.
Life is fragile, handle with prayer

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
« Reply #4 on: July 16, 2018, 06:00:05 pm »
Maybe not...

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sciencetech/article-3270999/Has-Biblical-city-Sodom-Monstrous-site-Jordan-matches-descriptions-area-destroyed-God.html
One thing I did not see in accounts in that article was any mention of a burn layer coinciding with the sudden evacuation of the site. That should be there, according to the Biblical account. However, if a nearby, smaller city was wiped out that way, people might bug out for elsewhere thinking they might be next.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis