Author Topic: Trey Gowdy breaks with Trump: 'I don't think it's a witch hunt'  (Read 763 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Trey Gowdy breaks with Trump: 'I don't think it's a witch hunt'
by Steven Nelson
 | July 15, 2018 11:43 AM

Rep. Trey Gowdy, R-S.C., broke with President Trump on Sunday, saying he does not believe the official investigation of possible campaign collusion with Russia is a "witch hunt."

"I don't think it's a witch hunt. I have never thought it was a witch hunt," said Gowdy, chairman of the House Oversight Committee, during an interview on CBS's "Face the Nation."

"We now have two series of indictments against Russians, one for social media the other for the unlawful intrusions. Russia attacked this country in 2016," the South Carolina Republican said.

Gowdy, who is retiring at the end of his term, said that he was concerned with "what did Russia do? And that's not a witch hunt. That's an attack on our country."

more
https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/news/white-house/trey-gowdy-breaks-with-trump-i-dont-think-its-a-witch-hunt
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline endicom

Re: Trey Gowdy breaks with Trump: 'I don't think it's a witch hunt'
« Reply #1 on: July 15, 2018, 04:30:27 pm »

If this is a plot to drive me crazy then it's working.

Offline Right_in_Virginia

« Reply #2 on: July 15, 2018, 04:42:24 pm »
If this is a plot to drive me crazy then it's working.

Agree .... it's going to be a very crowded padded cell.   :cool:

Online Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...
« Reply #3 on: July 15, 2018, 05:36:25 pm »
He's going to think that till the people pulling the strings of this are going to keep trying to twist it around to Trump till they think they have something, while ignoring the mountain of evidence against Hillary on the issue.
The Republic is lost.

Offline Frank Cannon

« Reply #4 on: July 15, 2018, 05:39:09 pm »
Gowdy is the biggest do nothing loud mouth in DC next to Issa. He is pointless.

Offline corbe

« Reply #5 on: July 15, 2018, 05:54:52 pm »
    Fortunately for America both of these blowhards (Gowdy, Issa) will be pontificating on Fox News next year.
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline skeeter

« Reply #6 on: July 15, 2018, 06:23:13 pm »
Well this is getting tiresome. Isn't there some decisive action that can be taken by Trump to clarify & expedite things? Declassification of key documents, lower level personnel changes, something?

I would think its in his interests to get it over with. Surely theres something he can do.

Offline edpc

• Professional Misanthrope - Briefer and Boxer
« Reply #7 on: July 15, 2018, 07:19:40 pm »
Between all his windmilling on this issue and the words coming out of this clown's mouth, I'm going to assume this interview was conducted on a miniature golf course.
I disagree.  Circle gets the square.

Offline corbe

« Reply #8 on: July 15, 2018, 07:27:06 pm »
   It's a given the dems colluded with the Russians and the Pakistanis had their everything anyway.  It's also a safe assumption that they had the GOP servers too, in spite of the official denials.  Putin worked to get businessman Trump elected over that grifter hellary bitch.   Sadly, none of them will ever see a prosecution.   
   Trump really screwed up at a couple of his campaign rallies, even joking, that wikileaks should release hellarys emails (they were then released) and half of his top campaign staff meeting with the Russian Lawyer in Trump Tower was colossally stupid!  Let this Mueller thing play out, nothing shows guilt like firing the people investigating you. 
   We all know that Trump is the type of guy that will lie, steal or cheat to achieve his goals, fortunately because sometimes those goals align with mine in 2018 America I'm learning to look the other way more and more, compromise to find an inner  peace.
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
« Reply #9 on: July 15, 2018, 07:31:25 pm »
   It's a given the dems colluded with the Russians and the Pakistanis had their everything anyway.  It's also a safe assumption that they had the GOP servers too, in spite of the official denials.  Putin worked to get businessman Trump elected over that grifter hellary bitch.   Sadly, none of them will ever see a prosecution.   
   Trump really screwed up at a couple of his campaign rallies, even joking, that wikileaks should release hellarys emails (they were then released) and half of his top campaign staff meeting with the Russian Lawyer in Trump Tower was colossally stupid!  Let this Mueller thing play out, nothing shows guilt like firing the people investigating you. 
   We all know that Trump is the type of guy that will lie, steal or cheat to achieve his goals, fortunately because sometimes those goals align with mine in 2018 America I'm learning to look the other way more and more, compromise to find an inner  peace.

Find it quick, @corbe before you drive us all nuts.
Against stupidity, the Gods themselves contend in vain.

Offline corbe

« Reply #10 on: July 15, 2018, 08:40:18 pm »
   A small donation to corbe's Anti-Poverty fund would help speed things along @Emjay.

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
« Reply #11 on: July 15, 2018, 09:04:24 pm »
   A small donation to corbe's Anti-Poverty fund would help speed things along @Emjay.

I gave at the office.
Against stupidity, the Gods themselves contend in vain.

Offline corbe

« Reply #12 on: July 15, 2018, 09:18:33 pm »
   I always figured you knew the Truth about me, @Emjay

Seth James - "Cigarettes, Anger, and Wine"

! No longer available