Author Topic: British tabloid hits Trump for sitting in Churchill's chair: 'How dare you’  (Read 3805 times)

Offline Mod2

Let's put this discussion about dancing the Tango and painkillers behind us, and talk about the Topic, shall we?

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
LOL  Y'all are arguing about a chair.

Pretty sure I know what Winnie would have said about this:  "Better to jaw-jaw than war-war."
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
LOL  Y'all are arguing about a chair.

I was just thinking that!  People are arguing what the long-dead half-American war-time prime minister of England would have thought about an American president sitting in "his" chair 50+ years after he died and didn't need the chair anymore.  Sheesh.

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
Ooops, sorry, Mod, I posted before I saw your warning. 

Offline To-Whose-Benefit?

• Wulf Anson Author
@To-Whose-Benefit?

I agree, Trump had permission to sit in the chair.  Still, do you think it's a little overwrought to make him Churchill's successor?

http://www.thedailyobserver.ca/2009/08/27/winston-churchill-a-lone-voice-warning-of-a-storm

https://www.omaha.com/eedition/sunrise/articles/trump-says-immigration-destroying-europe-s-culture/article_054cd733-c9ac-5c2b-9789-2a4ebbbf0d31.html

Make what you will of it, but yes, I see similarities.

Europe is not 'about to be invaded'.

It has already been invaded by people who want to destroy it.

Twice in the previous century America had to go save Europe from itself.

Heaven Forfend, but it appears America is going to have to go do it again sometime in This Century.
My 'Viking Hunter' High Adventure Alternate History Series is FREE, ALL 3 volumes, at most ebook retailers including Ibooks, Barnes and Noble, Kobo, and more.

In Vol 2 the weapons come out in a winner take all war on two fronts.

Vol 3 opens with the rigged murder trial of the villain in a Viking Court under Viking law to set the stage for the hero's own murder trial.

http://wulfanson.blogspot.com

Offline Mod2

Ooops, sorry, Mod, I posted before I saw your warning. 

Hey, it's on-topic.  No harm, no foul.  It's all about "the chair."

Silver Pines

Also agree that he had permission and really think this is WAY too much ado about nothing.

@Axeslinger

This.  If Trump fell into that preserved relic on his own, we would have heard about it by now.

Offline Weird Tolkienish Figure

• Technical
Hope trump left a skid mark.

Offline Right_in_Virginia

@Right_in_Virginia
Oh shut the heck up...you’ll post your usual utterly baseless drivel, then you’ll say make some comment implying your life is so much better than all of lowly people here on TBR, (despite the fact that you are, God help us all, ALWAYS here). Then you’ll post some passive aggressive emoji.  So talk big and bad if you want oh mighty keyboard warrior, but we’re all on to your game and know you’ll just run away...again.

Re Post 40

Hey @Axeslinger  Aren't you supposed to have me on ignore?    :nono:

Offline Axeslinger

Re Post 40

Hey @Axeslinger  Aren't you supposed to have me on ignore?    :nono:
@Right_in_Virginia
Why...whatever do you mean?  You haven’t been whining to people again have you?

Let’s not forget../you’re the one who challenged @Victoria33 with your keyboard warrior skills. 

I just wanted to make sure you knew....   
"The two enemies of the people are criminals and government, so let us tie the second down with the chains of the Constitution so the second will not become the legalized version of the first." - Thomas Jefferson

Offline Axeslinger

@Right_in_Virginia

For the record, I do have you on ignore but then I see your comments quoted in others peoples posts and just can’t quite resist one more go at laughing at your ridiculousness.
"The two enemies of the people are criminals and government, so let us tie the second down with the chains of the Constitution so the second will not become the legalized version of the first." - Thomas Jefferson

Offline Mod1

That's enough. Stay on topic and please stop sniping at other members. This is directed at  every poster.