Author Topic: Republican Writer[Jonah Goldberg]: “Honestly I Think You Can Support Abortion and Still be a Conserv  (Read 4393 times)

Offline RoosGirl

Frankly I'm surprised this article is still standing.

But butter on a sandwich?  No.  Bacon grease maybe.

Offline goodwithagun

Frankly I'm surprised this article is still standing.

But butter on a sandwich?  No.  Bacon grease maybe.

Save your warm bacon grease for spinach.
I stand with Roosgirl.

Offline Frank Cannon

No, wait. Butter is incidental and always included.

What? Ham and cheese on buttered bread? Now that is repugnant.

Offline RoosGirl

Save your warm bacon grease for spinach.

Every southerner keeps a small container of bacon grease in the fridge for cooking with.

Offline RoosGirl

Ham and cheese calls for a good, tart dijon mustard.

Offline RoosGirl

Offline Frank Cannon

Exactly. I'd rather eat a stick of butter raw than put it on a sandwich.

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Every southerner keeps a small container of bacon grease in the fridge for cooking with.

Not just southerners.....I remember my grandmother keeping bacon grease, my mother and now me...never throw it out.
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline goodwithagun

Not just southerners.....I remember my grandmother keeping bacon grease, my mother and now me...never throw it out.

A second use is a good excuse to buy the really good, expensive bacon.
I stand with Roosgirl.

Online Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵

I'm going for a Spam and Cheese tonight, to break my weekend fast.  Just to piss everybody off.  No mustard.  Maybe catsup?

*bouche*
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline goodwithagun

I’ve made Ina’s ham and gruyere in puff pastry so many times, I could do it with my eyes closed. Super easy, yet really impressive for guests. I roll fresh thyme into the puff pastry first.

https://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/ina-garten/ham-and-cheese-in-puff-pastry-recipe-1943937
I stand with Roosgirl.

Offline RoosGirl

I'm going for a Spam and Cheese tonight, to break my weekend fast.  Just to piss everybody off.  No mustard.  Maybe catsup?

*bouche*

It's Spam, who the hell cares what you put on it.

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
I’ve made Ina’s ham and gruyere in puff pastry so many times, I could do it with my eyes closed. Super easy, yet really impressive for guests. I roll fresh thyme into the puff pastry first.

https://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/ina-garten/ham-and-cheese-in-puff-pastry-recipe-1943937

I've made that..delicious
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Online Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
It's Spam, who the hell cares what you put on it.

That's why I usually don't put anything on it other than a nice slab of very sharp Cheddar.  I was joking about the catsup....
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Silver Pines

That was my point in posting the article, but the resident thread crashers  deep-sixed it.

Yes, my dear.  I'm quite aware there are different kinds of people who claim the 'Conservative' mantel. :laugh:

@DCPatriot

My God, we're agreeing more often.  What does this mean, lol?   :laugh:

For the record, I do believe conservatism has to include respect for unborn life. 

Online DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
@DCPatriot

My God, we're agreeing more often.  What does this mean, lol?   :laugh:

For the record, I do believe conservatism has to include respect for unborn life.

@CatherineofAragon   :laugh:

Of course it does.  And is so, respectfully.

For too many though, it serves as 'THE' litmus test.
« Last Edit: July 15, 2018, 08:08:26 pm by DCPatriot »
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Online Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
That was my point in posting the article, but the resident thread crashers  deep-sixed it.

Sorry, @DCPatriot.  Couldn't resist bragging on Mrs. Liberty's Spam and Cheese sandwiches...  ^-^

(Would you like to hear about her pie?)
I will NOT comply.

Online DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
Sorry, @DCPatriot.  Couldn't resist bragging on Mrs. Liberty's Spam and Cheese sandwiches...  ^-^

(Would you like to hear about her pie?)

LOL!  @Cyber Liberty   Happened way before that.

'Cheech and Chong' were up late last night.    :laugh:

"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline roamer_1

OH hell yeah... buttered and grilled.

Offline INVAR

• Dread To Tread
    • Sword At The Ready
Seems to me the time has long since past for the label  "conservative" be retired.

Probably.  Words no longer mean the things they once supposedly stood for in this collapsing culture.

So, what you and I think Conservatism is and should stand for, no longer applies to the bulk of those that call themselves that.

Which should not be surprising, given the fact that American Christians have already suffered that same fate.
Fart for freedom, fart for liberty and fart proudly.  - Benjamin Franklin

...Obsta principiis—Nip the shoots of arbitrary power in the bud, is the only maxim which can ever preserve the liberties of any people. When the people give way, their deceivers, betrayers and destroyers press upon them so fast that there is no resisting afterwards. The nature of the encroachment upon [the] American constitution is such, as to grow every day more and more encroaching. Like a cancer, it eats faster and faster every hour." - John Adams, February 6, 1775

Offline Frank Cannon

OH hell yeah... buttered and grilled.

LOL. You silly bastard.....you got me. Top notch!

Offline Frank Cannon

*bouche*

I like grilled Spam and American cheese on white.

Online Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
I like grilled Spam and American cheese on white.

That's the food of the Gods, sir.
I will NOT comply.