Author Topic: Conservatives moving to impeach Rosenstein soon: report  (Read 1104 times)

Offline Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...
Conservatives moving to impeach Rosenstein soon: report
« on: July 13, 2018, 10:46:42 pm »
Conservative lawmakers in the House are preparing to impeach Deputy Attorney General Rod Rosenstein, Politico reported Friday.

Sources told the publication that conservatives have been preparing to have Rosenstein impeached for weeks over allegations that he’s held up their investigation into FBI agents who some lawmakers say are biased against President Trump.

House Freedom Caucus leaders Reps. Mark Meadows (R-N.C.) and Jim Jordan (R-Ohio) are leading the effort, and the impeachment document could be filed as soon as Monday, according to Politico.

Ben Williamson, a spokesman for Meadows, declined to rule out if it would be filed next week, Politico reported.

http://thehill.com/homenews/administration/396974-conservatives-moving-to-impeach-rosenstein-soon-report

The Republic is lost.

Offline austingirl

• Cruz 2016- a Constitutional Conservative at last!
Re: Conservatives moving to impeach Rosenstein soon: report
« Reply #1 on: July 13, 2018, 10:53:34 pm »
I'll believe it when I see it.
Principles matter. Words matter.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #2 on: July 13, 2018, 11:03:38 pm »
I'll believe it when I see it.

...I'm holdin' my breath, Boss....
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
GOP lawmakers laying groundwork to impeach Rosenstein: Report
« Reply #3 on: July 14, 2018, 12:02:51 am »
GOP lawmakers laying groundwork to impeach Rosenstein: Report
by Diana Stancy Correll
 | July 13, 2018 06:03 PM

House GOP lawmakers are laying the groundwork to impeach deputy attorney general Rod Rosenstein, a new report says.

The lawmakers, whose planning has occurred for several weeks, have blamed Rosenstein for delaying a probe of FBI agents who they allege have displayed bias against President Trump and as a result, have been wrapping up an impeachment filing against Rosenstein, Politico reports.

House Freedom Caucus leaders Reps. Mark Meadows, R-N.C., and Jim Jordan, R-Ohio, have spearheaded the movement and could submit the filing in the next several days, although it has not been filed yet.

It’s also possible that Republicans would seek to hold Rosenstein in contempt of Congress before filing an impeachment document.

more
https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/news/gop-lawmakers-laying-groundwork-to-impeach-rosenstein-report
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...
« Reply #4 on: July 14, 2018, 12:13:33 am »
Threads merged.
The Republic is lost.

Offline To-Whose-Benefit?

• Wulf Anson Author
« Reply #5 on: July 15, 2018, 01:55:38 pm »
07/13/18 05:32 PM EDT

News/Distraction dump, right into the black hole @ 5:32PM Friday

My 'Viking Hunter' High Adventure Alternate History Series is FREE, ALL 3 volumes, at most ebook retailers including Ibooks, Barnes and Noble, Kobo, and more.

In Vol 2 the weapons come out in a winner take all war on two fronts.

Vol 3 opens with the rigged murder trial of the villain in a Viking Court under Viking law to set the stage for the hero's own murder trial.

http://wulfanson.blogspot.com

Offline edpc

• Professional Misanthrope - Briefer and Boxer
« Reply #6 on: July 15, 2018, 07:24:14 pm »
It's a pipe dream.

“No. For what? Impeach him for what? No,” Rep. Trey Gowdy (R-S.C.) said on CBS' "Face the Nation."

“I've had my differences with Rod Rosenstein. I talk to him quite often privately, which again is a lot more constructive than the public hearings we have,” Gowdy said. “He's a Trump appointee. So is [Attorney General] Jeff Sessions. So is [FBI Director] Chris Wray. If President Trump is dissatisfied with Rod Rosenstein, he can fire him with a tweet.”

https://www.politico.com/amp/story/2018/07/15/gowdy-rosenstein-impeachment-722237
« Last Edit: July 15, 2018, 07:25:11 pm by edpc »
I disagree.  Circle gets the square.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #7 on: July 15, 2018, 07:26:26 pm »
I sort of lost my taste for Trey Gowdy.  He defers to DoJ too much lately.  Mueller too.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Offline kevindavis007

« Reply #8 on: July 15, 2018, 08:41:16 pm »
1. On what charge?
2. Is there enough votes in the Senate to remove him?
Join The Reagan Caucus: https://reagancaucus.org/

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #9 on: July 15, 2018, 08:59:35 pm »
1. On what charge?
2. Is there enough votes in the Senate to remove him?

1.  No charge is required, just like impeaching a President.  The "charge" is whatever the House feels like defining.
2.  Nope.  Not a chance, and the House Leadership knows it.  That's why they don't like the idea.  I don't either.
I will NOT comply.

Offline kevindavis007

« Reply #10 on: July 15, 2018, 09:46:12 pm »
1.  No charge is required, just like impeaching a President.  The "charge" is whatever the House feels like defining.
2.  Nope.  Not a chance, and the House Leadership knows it.  That's why they don't like the idea.  I don't either.

I don't like it either..
Join The Reagan Caucus: https://reagancaucus.org/

• Wulf Anson Author
« Reply #11 on: July 15, 2018, 10:01:53 pm »

Sorry but I'm going to have to go with Dershowitz on this one.

Impeachment Constitutionally requires a Crime.

http://www.famous-trials.com/johnson/487-constitution

The Constitution, Article II, Section 4:
The President, Vice President and all civil Officers of the United States, shall be removed from Office on Impeachment for, and Conviction of, Treason, Bribery, or other high Crimes and Misdemeanors.

My 'Viking Hunter' High Adventure Alternate History Series is FREE, ALL 3 volumes, at most ebook retailers including Ibooks, Barnes and Noble, Kobo, and more.

Vol 3 opens with the rigged murder trial of the villain in a Viking Court under Viking law to set the stage for the hero's own murder trial.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #12 on: July 15, 2018, 10:24:12 pm »
Impeachment for, and Conviction of, Treason, Bribery, or other high Crimes and Misdemeanors.

Treason and Bribery are pretty clear, but "High Crimes and Misdemeanors" is a pretty vague term, and means pretty much what the House decides it means at the time.
I will NOT comply.

• Wulf Anson Author
« Reply #13 on: July 15, 2018, 10:39:22 pm »
Treason and Bribery are pretty clear, but "High Crimes and Misdemeanors" is a pretty vague term, and means pretty much what the House decides it means at the time.

I know that's the way it works out, like Mueller - target the person/find an offense, but crimes and misdemeanors are Criminally Chrageable acts.

So they have to already be on the books, prohibited for everyone.

Just pulling up a 'Dastardly' and shoehorning it into a crime smacks of selective prosecution.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #14 on: July 15, 2018, 11:19:45 pm »
I know that's the way it works out, like Mueller - target the person/find an offense, but crimes and misdemeanors are Criminally Chrageable acts.

So they have to already be on the books, prohibited for everyone.

Just pulling up a 'Dastardly' and shoehorning it into a crime smacks of selective prosecution.

Indeed it does sound like selective prosecution, which is why I wouldn't put it past either Party.  Selective prosecution is the coin of the realm in DeeCee.  I agree with you they would be on much better ground if there was something we could all agree is a crime, and I don't see one here, either. 

That's a pretty good reason to predict the Senate would never convict, even if they got it past the House.
I will NOT comply.

Offline Formerly Once-Ler

« Reply #15 on: July 16, 2018, 08:15:45 am »
Face The Nation