Author Topic: Amazon’s No-Profit Model: Bleed Competitors to Death – Then Do Exactly What They Did  (Read 1811 times)

Offline corbe

Amazon’s No-Profit Model: Bleed Competitors to Death – Then Do Exactly What They Did

Posted at 11:21 am on July 12, 2018 by Seton Motley

Amazon – is a monster.  Their market cap – is crushing ($851.57 billion).  Their founder, Jeff Bezos, is the richest man in the history of the world.

Amazon’s dominance of more and more sectors of our economy – is great and growing.  And they do it – the way the violent, radical Leftist Black Panthers attempted to accomplish their ends: “By any means necessary.”

Amazon has behaved this way – from their very beginning.  Some of the moves seemed at the time unorthodox – but in retrospect seem cold, calculating – and deadly for everyone…but them.

<..snip..>

https://www.redstate.com/setonmotley/2018/07/12/amazon%e2%80%99s-no-profit-model-bleed-competitors-death-exactly/
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
Little bit hyperbolic.

Offline corbe

Like me, she probably has Wal~Mart stock.
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline Gefn

• "And though she be but little she is fierce"-Shakespeare
  • Cat Mod
  • Quos Deus Vult Perdere Prius Dementat
I wish I bought amazon stock when it was cheap.

Instead I bought Apple.

Hopefully it will make a good retirement
G-d bless America. G-d bless us all                                 

Adopt a puppy or kitty from your local shelter
Or an older dog or cat. They're true love❤️

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
I was a very early Amazon customer in the beginning. I bought used,rare and new books, for genealogy.

Next I bought used and new books for historical fiction.

Small neighborhood book stores got marketing & systems from Amazon, that they could not afford on their own.

Two large used book stores, closed. Fewer New book stores.

Most of us drove to Video stores, then DVD rentals, next DVD mail from Netflix, next streaming from Netflix and Amazon.

Neighborhood DVD store, closed. Blockbuster closed.

I listen to Amazon music on my smartphone.

In my town, Kohl's and UPS are both Amazon-Return shipment drop points.

I wonder if Sears looked into partnering with Amazon, or did not?

One bet is sure: Amazon has lobbyists, working hard to keep their options alive. Banking, Real Estate, Vehicles, public utilities, energy are just a few segments they are probably considering.

Like banking and oil were once broken up, I think vertical and horizontal integration and monopolies should be scrutinized.

"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln

Offline Weird Tolkienish Figure

• Technical
This is just what they said about A&P, Sears, and Walmart.

Offline IsailedawayfromFR

I was a very early Amazon customer in the beginning. I bought used,rare and new books, for genealogy.

Next I bought used and new books for historical fiction.

Small neighborhood book stores got marketing & systems from Amazon, that they could not afford on their own.

Two large used book stores, closed. Fewer New book stores.

Most of us drove to Video stores, then DVD rentals, next DVD mail from Netflix, next streaming from Netflix and Amazon.

Neighborhood DVD store, closed. Blockbuster closed.

I listen to Amazon music on my smartphone.

In my town, Kohl's and UPS are both Amazon-Return shipment drop points.

I wonder if Sears looked into partnering with Amazon, or did not?

One bet is sure: Amazon has lobbyists, working hard to keep their options alive. Banking, Real Estate, Vehicles, public utilities, energy are just a few segments they are probably considering.

Like banking and oil were once broken up, I think vertical and horizontal integration and monopolies should be scrutinized.

Sears and Montgomery Wards had the lock on catalog sales.  Customers everywhere knew these were where one would go to find a product.  Without getting out of the house.

With this brand name, it would not have taken much to easily go over to the internet to source rather than magazines.  The lock would have been permanent.

Blindness of depending upon box stores was their undoing.

Amazon knew better.
No punishment, in my opinion, is too great, for the man who can build his greatness upon his country's ruin~  George Washington

Offline darroll

Amazon just forgets a little item you order, puts the purchase on the wrong credit card (same last name) won't discuss anything with the customer. Word spreads.

Offline Applewood

Amazon is a success in spite of Trump's constant efforts to bring it down.  The one time I received the wrong grocery item, I was told to keep it or give it away.  No need to return the item.  So I gave it to a food pantry.  Credit card was credited.  No fuss, no muss.

Try getting that kind of customer service from 'most any other retailer.

Offline kevindavis007

Amazon is a success in spite of Trump's constant efforts to bring it down.  The one time I received the wrong grocery item, I was told to keep it or give it away.  No need to return the item.  So I gave it to a food pantry.  Credit card was credited.  No fuss, no muss.

Three years ago I went a Sears store.. Empty as hell, rude customer service.. I wonder why they are going to out of business soon. Hint it is not Amazon's fault.
Join The Reagan Caucus: https://reagancaucus.org/

Offline darroll

Three years ago I went a Sears store.. Empty as hell, rude customer service.. I wonder why they are going to out of business soon. Hint it is not Amazon's fault.
Same oh, same oh at Walmart.

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
Same oh, same oh at Walmart.

In my area Walmart is very busy, and when it comes to online electronics, Walmart competes very well with Amazon.
"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln

Offline dfwgator

Anti-Trust Laws?  What are those?

Offline dfwgator

Always remember,  Corporations are not pro Free Market, if they can find a way to eliminate competition, they will, and their first approach is to get the government to do it for them.

Offline endicom

Always remember,  Corporations are not pro Free Market, if they can find a way to eliminate competition, they will, and their first approach is to get the government to do it for them.

It's the same with individuals. Everyone wants opportunity to climb the ladder when starting out but not for people climbing after them.

Offline darroll

Yup.

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
darroll wrote:
"Same oh, same oh at Walmart."

Not if the Walmart here is any indication.
The place is always packed.

Offline berdie

I had a similar situation, not grocery but another item. With the same happy result. I can't argue with the customer service. Of course, it might be cheaper to write the item off than to pay for return shipping? :shrug: