Author Topic: Texas Statewide Race Update for July 11, 2018  (Read 995 times)

Offline Elderberry

• TBR Contributor
Texas Statewide Race Update for July 11, 2018
« on: July 12, 2018, 12:02:39 pm »
Lawrence Person's BattleSwarm Blog

With all the Supreme Court news, it’s been a while since we looked at Texas statewide races.

First up: A new poll shows by Senator Ted Cruz and Governor Greg Abbott walloping their respective Democratic challengers:

Sen. Ted Cruz (R-TX) and Texas Governor Greg Abbott are smoking their Democrat opponents, a new poll conducted by Gravis Marketing and provided to Breitbart News exclusively ahead of its public release shows.

Cruz, up for re-election this year, is 9 percent ahead Democratic challenger Rep. Beto O’Rourke (D-TX). At 51 percent, Cruz towers overs O’Rourke’s 42 percent–with just 7 percent undecided.

In the governor’s race, Abbott fares even better–leading his Democratic challenger Lupe Valdez by 10 percent. Abbott’s 51 percent is much better than Valdez’s 41 percent, with 8 percent undecided.

Both of the Republicans’ job approval ratings are solid in the state, too. A whopping 47 percent either strongly or somewhat approve of Cruz’s job performance, while just 44 percent either strongly or somewhat disapprove with 10 percent uncertain. Even more–52 percent–either strongly or somewhat approve of Abbott’s performance, while just 39 percent either strongly or somewhat disapprove with 9 percent uncertain.

Lifting the GOP in the state is President Donald Trump’s high approval rating of 51 percent either strongly or somewhat approving of the job the president is doing, while just 44 percent either strongly or somewhat disapprove of Trump and 5 percent are uncertain.

The survey of 602 likely Texas voters was conducted between July 3 and July 7, and has a margin of error of 4 percent.

Usual poll caveats apply. And the same poll has some down-ballot races theoretically closer:

More: https://www.battleswarmblog.com/?p=36604

Offline KittenClaws

• Normalcy Bias? I like to think I don't have it.
Re: Texas Statewide Race Update for July 11, 2018
« Reply #1 on: July 13, 2018, 12:58:56 am »
Lawrence Person's BattleSwarm Blog

With all the Supreme Court news, it’s been a while since we looked at Texas statewide races.

First up: A new poll shows by Senator Ted Cruz and Governor Greg Abbott walloping their respective Democratic challengers:

Sen. Ted Cruz (R-TX) and Texas Governor Greg Abbott are smoking their Democrat opponents, a new poll conducted by Gravis Marketing and provided to Breitbart News exclusively ahead of its public release shows.

Cruz, up for re-election this year, is 9 percent ahead Democratic challenger Rep. Beto O’Rourke (D-TX). At 51 percent, Cruz towers overs O’Rourke’s 42 percent–with just 7 percent undecided.

In the governor’s race, Abbott fares even better–leading his Democratic challenger Lupe Valdez by 10 percent. Abbott’s 51 percent is much better than Valdez’s 41 percent, with 8 percent undecided.

Both of the Republicans’ job approval ratings are solid in the state, too. A whopping 47 percent either strongly or somewhat approve of Cruz’s job performance, while just 44 percent either strongly or somewhat disapprove with 10 percent uncertain. Even more–52 percent–either strongly or somewhat approve of Abbott’s performance, while just 39 percent either strongly or somewhat disapprove with 9 percent uncertain.

Lifting the GOP in the state is President Donald Trump’s high approval rating of 51 percent either strongly or somewhat approving of the job the president is doing, while just 44 percent either strongly or somewhat disapprove of Trump and 5 percent are uncertain.

The survey of 602 likely Texas voters was conducted between July 3 and July 7, and has a margin of error of 4 percent.

Usual poll caveats apply. And the same poll has some down-ballot races theoretically closer:

More: https://www.battleswarmblog.com/?p=36604

I know a lot of pro Trump folks from the elections absolutely hate Ted Cruz. Now, I may be wrong, but I think a person can be pro Ted Cruz and pro Donald Trump....I know this because I am....this.

As a loyal Texan, I voted for Ted Cruz during the presidential primary. As a loyal Citizen of the USA, I voted for Donald Trump during the presidential race.

I'm not throwing Ted Cruz away, just because the media reported some bad actions during the presidential race...many which were skewed I'm sure.

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #2 on: July 13, 2018, 01:11:01 am »
I know a lot of pro Trump folks from the elections absolutely hate Ted Cruz. Now, I may be wrong, but I think a person can be pro Ted Cruz and pro Donald Trump....I know this because I am....this.

As a loyal Texan, I voted for Ted Cruz during the presidential primary. As a loyal Citizen of the USA, I voted for Donald Trump during the presidential race.

I'm not throwing Ted Cruz away, just because the media reported some bad actions during the presidential race...many which were skewed I'm sure.

@KittenClaws

Didn't know you were a fellow Texan!  Howdy again!

I was a Cruz man all the way. Voted for him in the primary and refused to vote for Trump in the general (I live in Texas so I had the luxury of doing that).  Trump won and I have been more than pleasantly surprised at how well he has governed thus far. If he stays on that road and wants it,  he will surely have my vote in 2020.
« Last Edit: July 13, 2018, 01:11:43 am by Bigun »
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
« Reply #3 on: July 13, 2018, 01:18:18 am »

I worked for Cruz's campaign and I think he would have been (may be) a great president.  I strongly dislike some of the things the Trump campaign did and said that maneuvered Cruz out of contention.  I don't think I would like to hang out with Trump, and I wouldn't want him babysitting my kids. 

All that being said, he is the President, I love some of the things he has done as president. Not too wild about some others.  I like that he tweets, though sometimes he says things that grate.  And, I like that the left is having a meltdown over Trump and his supporters. 
« Last Edit: July 13, 2018, 01:19:06 am by Sanguine »