Author Topic: The Single Biggest Reason Why U.S. Marijuana Sales Likely Will Skyrocket  (Read 873 times)

Online corbe

The Single Biggest Reason Why U.S. Marijuana Sales Likely Will Skyrocket

Keith Speights

1 hr ago

There are more U.S. states that allow some form of legalized marijuana than there are states that don't. And the numbers are moving more in that direction. Oklahoma voted just a few days ago to legalize medical marijuana. Voters in Michigan will decide on allowing legal recreational pot in November.

An estimated $8.5 billion was spent on legal cannabis in the U.S. last year, according to "The State of Legal Marijuana Markets" report published by ArcView Market Research and BDS Analytics. But this amount could be only a fraction of what's to come. U.S. marijuana sales are likely to skyrocket over the next several years, and there's one big reason why.

Like dominoes

To understand why increasingly more states are legalizing marijuana, it's helpful to look at the history of lotteries in the U.S. Like cannabis, gambling was frowned upon by authorities in most states for much of U.S. history. In 1964, though, New Hampshire implemented a state lottery, and over the next 15 years, 11 more states legalized them. Today, all but four U.S. states have lotteries.

<..snip..>

http://www.msn.com/en-us/money/markets/the-single-biggest-reason-why-us-marijuana-sales-likely-will-skyrocket/ar-AAzKWK9?ocid=ientp
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Oceander

Cause lots of people like getting stoned?

Online corbe

The writing is on the wall and just so you know or even care, I am not a proponent of Legalization.   
   How much would my Bourbon cost without Federal and State confiscation of taxes?  Same principle.
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Oceander

The writing is on the wall and just so you know or even care, I am not a proponent of Legalization.   
   How much would my Bourbon cost without Federal and State confiscation of taxes?  Same principle.

How much would anything cost without taxes?

Online corbe