Author Topic: Sessions DOJ Declares ‘No Evidence’ Imran Awan Broke Law with Congress’s Computer Systems  (Read 660 times)

Offline Right_in_Virginia

Sessions DOJ Declares ‘No Evidence’ Imran Awan Broke Law with Congress’s Computer Systems
Breitbart, Jul 3, 2018, Robert Kraychik

The Department of Justice (DOJ) revealed a plea deal Tuesday  to Imran Awan — former IT staffer for top House Democrats — which states the federal government found “no evidence” that Awan “violated federal law with respect to House computer systems.”
The plea deal states:

The Government has uncovered no evidence that your client violated federal law with respect to the House computer systems. Particularly, the Government has found no evidence that your client illegally removed House data from the House network or from House Members’ offices, stole the House Democratic Caucus Server, stole or destroyed House information technology equipment, or improperly accessed or transferred government information, including classified or sensitive information.

The DOJ’s offer allows Awan to plead guilty to making a false statement on a loan or credit application; a violation of 18 U.S. Code § 1014. Although the crime carries a maximum sentence of 30 years imprisonment and a fine possibly exceeding $1,000,000 with restitution and interest penalties, the DOJ estimates a prison sentence of between zero and six months and a fine between $500 and $9,500 in the event of Awan’s acceptance of its terms.

More:  https://www.breitbart.com/big-government/2018/07/03/imran-awan-plea-deal-doj/

Oceander

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
Perhaps the biggest miscarriage of justice in history brought to you by your very own DOJ!  Kinda gives you the warm and fuzzys don't it?  #% $^/&€£¥&%=÷"%^&
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline Bigun

• The FairTax Plan

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline skeeter

Apparently.   **nononono*

So Awan fled the country to avoid up to 6 months in jail and a 500 to 9500 fine?

Online Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...
You have got to be kidding me.
The Republic is lost.

Offline the_doc

Yesterday I posted that this was coming today.

The title is suspicious for rogue elements of the DOJ clearing Awan.  (The gratuitous phraseology of "Sessions's DOJ"  makes me suspect that we haven't heard the last of this.

Offline mrclose

Democratic IT Aide Says Imran Awan Solicited Bribe From Him In Exchange For Contract With Then-Rep. Gwen Graham
(Democrat-Florida)

Democratic IT aide Imran Awan solicited a bribe from an IT vendor in exchange for contracting opportunities with the office of then-Rep. Gwen Graham, the vendor alleged to The Daily Caller News Foundation, adding that Imran spoke to him in detail about his alleged financial fraud schemes in the House.

The Department of Justice knows of the source — the longtime owner of a major House IT company — and what he is prepared to testify, a high-level official in Jeff Sessions’ DOJ with knowledge of the investigation confirmed. But the vendor said no law enforcement ever even tried to interview them.

**SNIP**

“Imran said, ‘There is this new member from Florida named Graham, let’s make a deal and I’ll get you into this office,’” the vendor said. He was clear in his allegation that Imran was soliciting a cash bribe.

https://truepundit.com/democratic-it-aide-says-imran-awan-solicited-bribe-from-him-in-exchange-for-contract-with-then-rep-gwen-graham/
« Last Edit: July 03, 2018, 10:05:57 pm by mrclose »
"Hell is empty, all the devil's are here!"
~ Self

Offline Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
@endicom

Thought you would be interested in this one.

- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline mrclose

During Sept 2016, The Awan clan continued to use Cong Xavier Becerra’s House Democratic Caucus computers in anomalous ways:

<><> logging on as “system administrators”

<><> changing identities

<><> logging onto Cong Becerra’s server using 17 different user account credentials

<><> some credentials belonged to Democrat House members

<><> the Awans did not work for 9 of the 17 offices to which user accounts belonged.

<><> investigations found “possible storage of sensitive House information” outside the House

<><> Dropbox is installed on two Democratic Caucus computers used by the suspects

<><> user accounts had thousands of files in their Dropbox folder on each computer

<><> Using Dropbox is against House rules because it uploads files offsite.

<><> Wash/Po reported “Based on the file names, some of the information is likely sensitive.”

<><> post-awan clean up discovered many computer set-ups were little more than “thin clients”

<><> computer set-ups were portals to an outside computer.

<><> Awans were using terminal servers from a computer in a different location.

<><>Virtual Private Networks can make a server’s hard drive appear to be local to a computer.

<><> remote sessions remained active for months at a time.

<><> data was always out of the members’ possession

<><> the Awans were using Becerra’s House Democratic Caucus as their central service warehouse.

<><> the Awans collectively logged onto Becerra’s Caucus system 5,735 times, avg 27 per day

<><> other offices were accessed less than 60 times.

<><> the pattern of login activity suggests steps were taken to conceal their activity

<><>aggregating multiple members’ data means all that data was absconded with

<><> L/E said Becerra’s entire Democratic Caucus server physically disappeared while being monitored by L/E.

<><> no scenario exists where the Awan clan’s access was appropriate

<><> House members are not allowed to accept services from people not on their payroll

<><> House employees are not permitted to log in to servers of members for whom they do not work.

<><> House policies are codified by law.
"Hell is empty, all the devil's are here!"
~ Self

Offline endicom

@endicom

Thought you would be interested in this one.

Thanks, I saw it. There are two such threads but with perhaps a different thrust.