Author Topic: Ex-Dem IT aide Imran Awan pleads guilty to bank fraud in deal with prosecutors  (Read 838 times)

Offline Right_in_Virginia

Ex-Dem IT aide Imran Awan pleads guilty to bank fraud in deal with prosecutors
Fox News, Jul 3, 2018, Alex Pappas

Imran Awan, the former IT aide to congressional Democrats whose federal court case has drawn the interest of President Trump and other Republicans, pleaded guilty Tuesday to federal bank fraud in a plea deal where prosecutors said they "uncovered no evidence" that Awan "violated federal law with respect to the House computer systems."

During a hearing before U.S. District Judge Tanya S. Chutkan in Washington, Awan pleaded guilty to making a false statement on a loan application. As part of the deal, the prosecution dropped fraud charges against Awan's wife, Hina Alvi.

The case has generated interest from Republicans on Capitol Hill, who have suggested Awan could have been involved in a cyber breach operation. But prosecutors said Tuesday they investigated allegations of misconduct by Awan while on the job in Congress and determined federal charges were not warranted.

"Particularly, the government has found no evidence that your client illegally removed House data from the House network or from House members' offices, stole the House Democratic Caucus server, stole or destroyed House information technology equipment, or improperly accessed or transferred government information, including classified or sensitive information," the prosecution said in the plea deal.

More: http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2018/07/03/ex-dem-it-aide-imran-awan-pleads-guilty-to-bank-fraud-in-deal-with-prosecutors.html

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
A total miscarriage of justice orchestrated by our very own DOJ!  Makes me want to :3:
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline skeeter

The Awans fled the country to avoid a stupid bank fraud charge?

Online Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
The Awans fled the country to avoid a stupid bank fraud charge?

It's a cover up on a grand scale and it's apparent to me that damned few give a shit!
« Last Edit: July 03, 2018, 07:31:23 pm by Bigun »

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Online Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...
I call total BS.
The Republic is lost.

Offline LadyLiberty

This was never going to go as far as it should have.  DWS's brother Steve is a prosecutor in the US Attorneys office in DC.  [url]https://www.linkedin.com/in/steven-wasserman-6a1a608[url]

Online Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
The thing I feared most about a Trump presidency is that it wo0uld cover up all the Clinton misdeeds.  I see it happening. 

- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline endicom

The thing I feared most about a Trump presidency is that it wo0uld cover up all the Clinton misdeeds.  I see it happening.

What can he do about a Senate committee, a judge and an entrenched DOJ?

Online Bigun

• The FairTax Plan

He can't do anything about the Senate but as Chief Executive he can do plenty about the DOJ!

- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline austingirl

• Cruz 2016- a Constitutional Conservative at last!
It's a cover up on a grand scale and it's apparent to me that damned few give a shit!

Disturbing. I think the republic is done.
Principles matter. Words matter.

Offline jpsb

Jeff Sessions needs to be FIRED

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member

First thing he can do is fire Sessions.

Online Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
Jeff Sessions needs to be FIRED

What if Jeff Sessions is just following orders from headquarters?

- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
What if Jeff Sessions is just following orders from headquarters?

Then he definitely needs to be fired!  There's clear criminality at the highest levels in this one, and his job is to prosecute it.