Author Topic: Canada imposes retaliatory tariffs on $12.5 billion in US exports  (Read 677 times)

Online corbe

Canada imposes retaliatory tariffs on $12.5 billion in US exports

by Joe Williams

July 01, 2018 01:04 PM

Canada on Sunday imposed retaliatory tariffs on $12.5 billion worth of U.S. exports, the latest in a series of escalating trade conflicts between the Trump administration and top U.S. allies.

The new duties come after the Trump administration ended Canada's exemption from the U.S. tariffs on steel and aluminum imports. The European Union recently imposed its own retaliatory tariffs, targeting specific products like bourbon to put political pressure on GOP leaders. Kentucky, represented in the Senate by Majority Leader Mitch McConnell, the top producer of bourbon.

<..snip..>

https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/news/canada-imposes-retaliatory-tariffs-on-12-5-billion-in-us-exports
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline Frank Cannon

Re: Canada imposes retaliatory tariffs on $12.5 billion in US exports
« Reply #1 on: July 01, 2018, 10:48:20 pm »
Bourbon? Big effing deal. We have a booze shortage as it is because of hipsters. These distillers don't need to send the shit over the border to stay solvent.

Online corbe

« Reply #2 on: July 01, 2018, 10:49:52 pm »
   I would care more if they still brewed Brador for export.

No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline WingNot

• Resident TBR Curmudgeon
« Reply #3 on: July 01, 2018, 10:56:09 pm »
Back the Tariff boat up.  Canadian blended bullshit whiskey is how they are going to bring us to our knees.   Justin.  Bitch please.  Find another ploy.
"I'm a man, but I changed, because I had to. Oh well."