Author Topic: Michael Flynn's sentencing delayed by Mueller team for third time  (Read 4596 times)

Offline edpc

• Professional Misanthrope - Briefer and Boxer
Re: Michael Flynn's sentencing delayed by Mueller team for third time
« Reply #50 on: July 01, 2018, 08:09:46 pm »

MUELLER’S SHAME: Flynn forced to sell his house to pay his legal bills
Posted on March 6, 2018

https://truepundit.com/muellers-shame-flynn-forced-sell-house-pay-legal-bills/

Yeah, like I said, it cites his brother as the source, with nothing else to back it up.  Let’s forget all about the fact that his Alexandria based consulting firm would dry up after getting fired twice by two different presidents.  You can add the indictment and guilty plea to it - months after the fact.  Without his Alexandria based business and no real prospects in DC after being labeled a liar, by the Trump administration, why would he keep the home?
I disagree.  Circle gets the square.

Offline Fantasywriter

« Reply #51 on: July 01, 2018, 08:28:21 pm »

Yeah, like I said, it cites his brother as the source, with nothing else to back it up.  Let’s forget all about the fact that his Alexandria based consulting firm would dry up after getting fired twice by two different presidents.  You can add the indictment and guilty plea to it - months after the fact.  Without his Alexandria based business and no real prospects in DC after being labeled a liar, by the Trump administration, why would he keep the home?

Are you not reading my posts? I said I wouldn't take you seriously until you can link to a better source than, "Me, myself and I."

Did you think I was bluffing? Right now I am reading an in-depth article about the financial devastation Mueller is wreaking with his "fishing expedition." I don't even know why I chose this particular article; there was such an embarrassment of riches, I could read similar articles all week if I could spare the time.

Up against that all you have, as noted, are your own self-references. Try harder. Use a different search engine.  It's a big world. If you're right, there has to be some credible source somewhere that agrees with you.

Note: yes, just for the record, Flynn is prominently featured in the article I referenced above.

« Last Edit: July 01, 2018, 08:30:42 pm by Fantasywriter »

Offline edpc

« Reply #52 on: July 01, 2018, 08:47:32 pm »
Are you not reading my posts? I said I wouldn't take you seriously until you can link to a better source than, "Me, myself and I."

Did you think I was bluffing? Right now I am reading an in-depth article about the financial devastation Mueller is wreaking with his "fishing expedition." I don't even know why I chose this particular article; there was such an embarrassment of riches, I could read similar articles all week if I could spare the time.

Up against that all you have, as noted, are your own self-references. Try harder. Use a different search engine.  It's a big world. If you're right, there has to be some credible source somewhere that agrees with you.

Note: yes, just for the record, Flynn is prominently featured in the article I referenced above.

I provided a link to his net worth in post 29.  It’s not a site of my creation.  The article you linked talks about Flynn, but the only quotes in the references ABC article are from his brother.  There’s no independent source to back his claim.  His only way of knowing would be through Michael.  Let’s take the second-hand word of a man who concealed his lobbying efforts on behalf of the Turkish government, withheld information on financial disclosures, got dismissed as national security advisor for lying, then agreed to enter into a plea deal for lying.  Seems reasonable.
« Last Edit: July 01, 2018, 08:48:49 pm by edpc »

Offline Fantasywriter

« Reply #53 on: July 01, 2018, 09:10:12 pm »

I provided a link to his net worth in post 29.  It’s not a site of my creation.  The article you linked talks about Flynn, but the only quotes in the references ABC article are from his brother.  There’s no independent source to back his claim.  His only way of knowing would be through Michael.  Let’s take the second-hand word of a man who concealed his lobbying efforts on behalf of the Turkish government, withheld information on financial disclosures, got dismissed as national security advisor for lying, then agreed to enter into a plea deal for lying.  Seems reasonable.

Are you purposefully misunderstanding, or is this sincerely the best you can do?

Offline edpc

« Reply #54 on: July 01, 2018, 09:45:53 pm »
Are you purposefully misunderstanding, or is this sincerely the best you can do?

What am I misunderstanding about ‘me myself and I’....?  Here is another link with the same approximate info.

Micheal is a retired Lieutenant General of United States Army whose annual income is $900,000 USD and as a National Security Advisor, he has around $172,200 per years.In 2015 Flynn was paid over $65,000 by companies connected to Russia including $11,250 from both Volga-Dnepr Ariles and U.S. subsidairy of Kaspersky Lab.

His net worth of approximately $7 million.

https://knownetworth.com/michael-flynn-net-worth#google_vignette

If you don’t want to trust Finapp or me, perhaps you’ll trust Limbaugh, who used it to cite McCabe’s net worth, while saying Flynn was broke.  I guess he didn’t bother using the same site to check that.

But Andrew McCabe, according to this, has a net worth of $11 million. Mueller’s net worth is said to be $3 million, I think. And within the establishment that’s chump change. Don’t doubt me. But it’s still a lot of money, and it’s very sufficient.

https://www.rushlimbaugh.com/daily/2018/03/19/the-drive-bys-lied-mccabe-didnt-lose-his-pension/amp/

The ‘according to this’ portion at the article source hot links to the McCabe finapp page.
« Last Edit: July 01, 2018, 09:50:56 pm by edpc »

Offline Fantasywriter

« Reply #55 on: July 01, 2018, 10:41:03 pm »

What am I misunderstanding about ‘me myself and I’....?  Here is another link with the same approximate info.

Micheal is a retired Lieutenant General of United States Army whose annual income is $900,000 USD and as a National Security Advisor, he has around $172,200 per years.In 2015 Flynn was paid over $65,000 by companies connected to Russia including $11,250 from both Volga-Dnepr Ariles and U.S. subsidairy of Kaspersky Lab.

His net worth of approximately $7 million.

https://knownetworth.com/michael-flynn-net-worth#google_vignette

If you don’t want to trust Finapp or me, perhaps you’ll trust Limbaugh, who used it to cite McCabe’s net worth, while saying Flynn was broke.  I guess he didn’t bother using the same site to check that.

But Andrew McCabe, according to this, has a net worth of $11 million. Mueller’s net worth is said to be $3 million, I think. And within the establishment that’s chump change. Don’t doubt me. But it’s still a lot of money, and it’s very sufficient.

https://www.rushlimbaugh.com/daily/2018/03/19/the-drive-bys-lied-mccabe-didnt-lose-his-pension/amp/

The ‘according to this’ portion at the article source hot links to the McCabe finapp page.

The issue is the extrapolation you derive from the sites. Why, iow, do the press and opinion writers, pundits, political commentators and bloggers all have access to the same info, but not one credible source (that I'm aware of) has used that info to derive the opinions that you have been stating as fact? 
« Last Edit: July 01, 2018, 10:41:46 pm by Fantasywriter »

Oceander

« Reply #56 on: July 01, 2018, 11:00:10 pm »
The issue is the extrapolation you derive from the sites. Why, iow, do the press and opinion writers, pundits, political commentators and bloggers all have access to the same info, but not one credible source (that I'm aware of) has used that info to derive the opinions that you have been stating as fact? 

Perhaps because they didn’t care to do the hard work of drawing the obvious inferences. 

Offline edpc

« Reply #57 on: July 01, 2018, 11:08:59 pm »

Well, to be fair, the only information we have about the Flynn financial crisis is hardly from an impartial source.  I wouldn’t expect them to say anything different.  Whether finapp is credible, I don’t know.  However, their figures are close to people with worth available from other places, aren’t accompanied by any partisan commentary, and people on both sides of the aisle are searchable.

There’s also this.......

Given that a single F.B.I. interview could require 40 to 60 hours of prep work, even the lowest level White House staffer ensnared in Mueller’s probe could end up on the hook for $30,000 to $54,000. Flynn, meanwhile, has hired at least seven lawyers, BuzzFeed News reports. He has enlisted one of the most prestigious law firms in Washington, D.C., Covington & Burling, which specializes in the extremely expensive art of preparing clients for congressional inquiries, both through legal research, strategy, and preparing their clients for congressional hearings. According to a source close to Flynn, the costs will “certainly be into the seven figures.”

https://www.vanityfair.com/news/2017/09/michael-flynn-legal-defense-fund-fees

Unless you have the means, why hire such a large, prestigious legal team, then retain at least one high dollar attorney, after the plea deal to assist with Mueller investigation cooperation, sentence extension filing motions, and representation at the eventual sentence hearing?  Telling people publicly and on your legal defense fund site that this is a major hardship gets more donations than, “Man, this is really going to bite into my $7M fortune.”
« Last Edit: July 01, 2018, 11:09:55 pm by edpc »

Offline Fantasywriter

« Reply #58 on: July 01, 2018, 11:38:46 pm »
Perhaps because they didn’t care to do the hard work of drawing the obvious inferences.

According to the other party, there's no hard work involved.  All that's required is to click on a couple of websites, draw the obvious conclusion,  and then work it into a story, an article,  an opinion piece, etc. Ridiculously easy, as presented.

Unlike Hillary, I don't believe in vast conspiracies. The bigger a conspiracy, the more inevitable it becomes that someone breaks ranks and/or blows the whistle. Of course if I were a Qer I'd think nothing of stating as fact that anyone who printed the truth about Flynn's finances would quickly die under mysterious circumstances [and knows this: hence the solidarity of the pro-Flynn lies]. Since a Qer is one of the last things I'll ever be, I suffer from no such delusions.

Offline Fantasywriter

« Reply #59 on: July 01, 2018, 11:45:07 pm »

Well, to be fair, the only information we have about the Flynn financial crisis is hardly from an impartial source.  I wouldn’t expect them to say anything different.  Whether finapp is credible, I don’t know.  However, their figures are close to people with worth available from other places, aren’t accompanied by any partisan commentary, and people on both sides of the aisle are searchable.

There’s also this.......

Given that a single F.B.I. interview could require 40 to 60 hours of prep work, even the lowest level White House staffer ensnared in Mueller’s probe could end up on the hook for $30,000 to $54,000. Flynn, meanwhile, has hired at least seven lawyers, BuzzFeed News reports. He has enlisted one of the most prestigious law firms in Washington, D.C., Covington & Burling, which specializes in the extremely expensive art of preparing clients for congressional inquiries, both through legal research, strategy, and preparing their clients for congressional hearings. According to a source close to Flynn, the costs will “certainly be into the seven figures.”

https://www.vanityfair.com/news/2017/09/michael-flynn-legal-defense-fund-fees

Unless you have the means, why hire such a large, prestigious legal team, then retain at least one high dollar attorney, after the plea deal to assist with Mueller investigation cooperation, sentence extension filing motions, and representation at the eventual sentence hearing?  Telling people publicly and on your legal defense fund site that this is a major hardship gets more donations than, “Man, this is really going to bite into my $7M fortune.”

If the opinions you have derived from the sources you cite are valid, you cannot be the only person who knows the truth. This applies to credible news sources as well. If the truth is as obvious and easily derived as you claim, then somewhere a pundit has not only drawn the same conclusions but has published the findings as well. I interestedly await the link that offers such analysis by someone with sufficient credibility to make a convincing case.

Offline edpc

« Reply #60 on: July 01, 2018, 11:47:11 pm »
According to the other party, there's no hard work involved.  All that's required is to click on a couple of websites, draw the obvious conclusion,  and then work it into a story, an article,  an opinion piece, etc. Ridiculously easy, as presented.

It’s ridiculously easy, because a retired 3 star with political connections didn’t open a DC consulting firm to grind it out, like a ham and egger.  He did it because it’s very lucrative - and it was.  In at least one year of reported income, he made almost 10X his former government salary.
« Last Edit: July 01, 2018, 11:54:36 pm by edpc »

Offline Fantasywriter

« Reply #61 on: July 01, 2018, 11:59:24 pm »

It’s ridiculously easy, because a retired 3 star with political connections didn’t open a DC consulting firm to grind it out, like a ham and egger.  He did it because it’s very lucrative - and it was.  In at least one year of reported income, he made almost 10X his former government salary.

Unless you are Flynn's personal CPA, you do not know how that $ was appropriated and you cannot begin to know the size and nature of Flynn's debt/obligations. That is just a fact.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #62 on: July 02, 2018, 12:06:51 am »
Given that a single F.B.I. interview could require 40 to 60 hours of prep work, even the lowest level White House staffer ensnared in Mueller’s probe could end up on the hook for $30,000 to $54,000.

This is why I don't really care that much that Flynn is being looted by Mueller.  The story under the surface here is Mueller is trying to bankrupt a whole slew of low or entry level staffers here.  They don't have the resources of an eleventy-star General, they are facing bankruptcy over their legal bills.  The brilliant legal-beagle keyboard warriors with a law degrees don't give a rat's ass, and explain away what damage Mueller is doing to the "little people."

Prosecutors do this all the time to accused criminals.  Oftentimes they are able to prove their innocence, but walk away financially wiped out because unscrupulous Prosecutors ran up the costs in an attempt to get them to plea out.  What's the response I get?  "What's your solution, make the government pay for their defense?"

The system worked.  (Spit!)
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline Fantasywriter

« Reply #63 on: July 02, 2018, 12:12:19 am »
This is why I don't really care that much that Flynn is being looted by Mueller.  The story under the surface here is Mueller is trying to bankrupt a whole slew of low or entry level staffers here.  They don't have the resources of an eleventy-star General, they are facing bankruptcy over their legal bills.  The brilliant legal-beagle keyboard warriors with a law degrees don't give a rat's ass, and explain away what damage Mueller is doing to the "little people."

Prosecutors do this all the time to accused criminals.  Oftentimes they are able to prove their innocence, but walk away financially wiped out because unscrupulous Prosecutors ran up the costs in an attempt to get them to plea out.  What's the response I get?  "What's your solution, make the government pay for their defense?"

Then there was the second of two innocent people Mueller hounded in the anthrax case. The first guy at least survived; the second one committed suicide.

Offline edpc

« Reply #64 on: July 02, 2018, 12:14:02 am »

Like who, Caputo?  He whined about being ‘ruined’ and raised almost 3X what he needed.  He raised so much, in fact, he’s spreading it around.

Trustees for the fund issued a statement that said the Michael Caputo Fund had raised over $300,000 in a week. The goal had been to raise $125,000 for Caputo's legal expenses amassed due to his appearances before federal investigators about claims of Russian interference in the campaign.

"With his fees so far paid in full, Michael asked us to consider assisting others caught up in this partisan witch hunt," principal trustee Ralph Lorigo said. "Our articles of trust allow such expenditures, and we believe his donors support this decision."

https://www.newsmax.com/t/newsmax/article/862581?section=politics&keywords=michael-caputo-president-donald-trump-2016-presidential-election-jd-gordon&year=2018&month=05&date=26&id=862581&aliaspath=%2FManage%2FArticles%2FTemplate-Main&oref=r.search.yahoo.com

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #65 on: July 02, 2018, 12:16:19 am »

Like who, Caputo?  He whined about being ‘ruined’ and raised almost 3X what he needed.  He raised so much, in fact, he’s spreading it around.

Look, I know you hate Trump so much that you want Mueller to destroy anybody near him to get the big guy.
My point was about the other people we don't hear about.  Leave me out of your Crusade, M'kay?  Bye.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Offline edpc

« Reply #66 on: July 02, 2018, 12:25:01 am »
Look, I know you hate Trump so much that you want Mueller to destroy anybody near him to get the big guy.

My point was about the other people we don't hear about.  Leave me out of your Crusade, M'kay?  Bye.

You must still be butthurt over Ellis not throwing out the Mueller case against Manafort.  You had such high hopes.  I’m not going to get a prize for Mueller’s efforts, so the outcome holds no great importance for me.  M’kay?

Offline XenaLee

• Si Vis Pacem, Para Bellum
« Reply #67 on: July 02, 2018, 12:33:42 am »

It makes a complete mockery of the ""justice"" system.... when if even if/when you are innocent of any guilt they are trying to assign to you, you and your family are basically ruined financially and reputation wise due to the "guilty by association (with Trump)" stigma.  It's a joke.... a very unfunny joke.... and anyone defending it is part of that joke, IMO.

The solution is... don't allow rogue prosecutors do get away with it.  That simple.
« Last Edit: July 02, 2018, 12:34:14 am by XenaLee »
No quarter given to the enemy within...ever.

You can vote your way into socialism, but you have to shoot your way out of it.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #68 on: July 02, 2018, 12:36:12 am »

You must still be butthurt over Ellis not throwing out the Mueller case against Manafort.  You had such high hopes.  I’m not going to get a prize for Mueller’s efforts, so the outcome holds no great importance for me.  M’kay?

I don't get "butthurt" over such matters, they are not my own.  After a few months of observing, I do get a kick out of the way you operate, though...accusing others of things like that when they obviously got your number.

Got your goat pretty fast, didn't I?
I will NOT comply.

Offline edpc

« Reply #69 on: July 02, 2018, 12:40:15 am »
I don't get "butthurt" over such matters, they are not my own.  After a few months of observing, I do get a kick out of the way you operate, though...accusing others of things like that when they obviously got your number.

Got your goat pretty fast, didn't I?

Yeah - your ten year old girl ‘leave me alone!’ schtick really got to me.    :silly:

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #70 on: July 02, 2018, 12:41:22 am »
It makes a complete mockery of the ""justice"" system.... when if even if/when you are innocent of any guilt they are trying to assign to you, you and your family are basically ruined financially and reputation wise due to the "guilty by association (with Trump)" stigma.  It's a joke.... a very unfunny joke.... and anyone defending it is part of that joke, IMO.

The solution is... don't allow rogue prosecutors do get away with it.  That simple.
I
The solution is looser pays.  Even when the looser is government.
« Last Edit: July 02, 2018, 12:42:06 am by Bigun »
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline Fantasywriter

« Reply #71 on: July 02, 2018, 12:44:10 am »

Mueller is destroying people who have zero guilt associated with the witch hunt.  It's one of those disgraces that will be a blight on the enablers for many decades to come:

While Washington feeds its insatiable Trump/Russia-collusion jones, Americans are going broke in the process. Mere witnesses before congressional oversight panels, Special Counsel Robert Mueller’s inquiry, and the grand jury he has convened endure ginormous legal bills. Although they are not suspected of wrongdoing, their expenses can be crippling. In contrast, federal sleuths enjoy virtually infinite resources. And if Uncle Sam’s lawyers ever run out of money, unlike their private counterparts, they can get the Treasury to print more.

https://www.nationalreview.com/2018/04/trump-russia-probe-michael-caputo-witness-faces-financial-ruin/

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #72 on: July 02, 2018, 12:45:18 am »

Yeah - your ten year old girl ‘leave me alone!’ schtick really got to me.    :silly:

Whatever you say, boss.  Never seen a fellow get so steamed so quickly when he's been accurately called out.
I will NOT comply.

Offline edpc

« Reply #73 on: July 02, 2018, 12:45:50 am »
The solution is loser pays.  Even when the loser is government.

That’s what the Brits do, though I’m not sure if it applies to government cases.

Offline XenaLee

• Si Vis Pacem, Para Bellum
« Reply #74 on: July 02, 2018, 12:46:44 am »
I
The solution is looser pays.  Even when the looser is government.

That doesn't help the little guy from the get-go.  Only 'after'.  Not....good... enough.   It still translates to a massive dose of injustice to the innocent party.  And these bogus process crimes via perjury (like with Flynn) need to be reigned in unless there is clear evidence of wrongdoing..  And hey... going on two years later, we STILL have seen no evidence of wrong-doing re: Russian collusion by Trump... have we?

This is such a high-profile, highly politicized case.... the higher authority here (Sessions) 'should have' stepped in and ended it.  But he didn't and won't, since he too has been compromised (just my opinion).

« Last Edit: July 02, 2018, 12:50:19 am by XenaLee »
No quarter given to the enemy within...ever.

You can vote your way into socialism, but you have to shoot your way out of it.