Author Topic: Federal judge blocks Kentucky’s Medicaid work requirements  (Read 784 times)

Online Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...
A federal judge blocked Kentucky’s Medicaid work requirements on Friday, ruling that the Trump administration did not adequately consider before approving the state’s proposal whether work requirements would violate the program’s purpose of providing health care to the most vulnerable Americans.

The court decision is at least a temporary blow to the ambitious plans of Republican-led states and the Trump administration to remake the program.

The ruling came in a lawsuit against Kentucky, one of the first states to have its proposal requiring certain Medicaid recipients to work (or else lose their benefits) approved by the Trump administration. District court Judge James Boasberg, an Obama appointee, came down in favor of the plaintiffs who sought to block the work requirements from taking effect on July 1 as planned.

https://www.vox.com/policy-and-politics/2018/6/29/17517862/medicaid-work-requirements-kentucky-lawsuit-decision
The Republic is lost.

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
Re: Federal judge blocks Kentucky’s Medicaid work requirements
« Reply #1 on: June 29, 2018, 08:01:32 pm »
Needs to be a whole lot of impeachin goin on out there!
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien