Author Topic: Poll: Dem leads Pennsylvania Senate race by 15  (Read 1318 times)

Offline corbe

Poll: Dem leads Pennsylvania Senate race by 15
« on: June 27, 2018, 05:54:58 pm »
Poll: Dem leads Pennsylvania Senate race by 15

By Max Greenwood  - 06/27/18 01:44 PM EDT   

Sen. Bob Casey (D-Pa.) is leading his Republican challenger, Rep. Lou Barletta (R-Pa.), by 15 points in Pennsylvania's Senate race, according to a Suffolk University poll released Wednesday.

Casey is among 10 Senate Democrats fending off GOP challenges in states won by President Trump in 2016.

According to the Suffolk poll, 47 percent respondents said they are likely to cast their ballots for Casey in November. Thirty-two percent, on the other hand, favored Barletta, while another 21 percent remained undecided.

<..snip..>

http://thehill.com/homenews/campaign/394435-poll-dem-leads-pennsylvania-senate-race-by-15
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
Re: Poll: Dem leads Pennsylvania Senate race by 15
« Reply #1 on: June 27, 2018, 06:48:03 pm »
Polls :3:
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...
« Reply #2 on: June 27, 2018, 07:06:16 pm »
With a nice oversampling of Dems and millennials and women.
The Republic is lost.

Offline Suppressed

« Reply #3 on: June 29, 2018, 04:54:20 am »
+++++++++
“In the outside world, I'm a simple geologist. But in here .... I am Falcor, Defender of the Alliance” --Randy Marsh

“The most effectual means of being secure against pain is to retire within ourselves, and to suffice for our own happiness.” -- Thomas Jefferson

“He's so dumb he thinks a Mexican border pays rent.” --Foghorn Leghorn

Offline Frank Cannon

« Reply #4 on: June 29, 2018, 05:01:23 am »
@Fishrrman @Frank Cannon @Applewood

Thoughts?

First off I've never heard of Suffolk before for real PA polling and they blew the Trump election by a mile. I don't buy any of this because the couple insiders I know tell me internally Booby is underwater in the state.

Offline Applewood

« Reply #5 on: June 29, 2018, 06:44:44 am »
@Suppressed

I too have a low opinion of polls, but if Casey is leading now, it most likely has to do with name recognition -- he's the incumbent, plus his campaign ads started as soon as the primaries were over.  By contrast, Barletta might not be so well known, particularly in the Western part of the state, plus I have yet to see a campaign ad from him or any word about a campaign event on his behalf.  If Barletta really wants the job, he had better get busy and start campaigning.  Casey has a well oiled machine with huge support from public sector unions in the big cities.  If Barletta has any chance of winning, he will have to mobilize the suburbanites and rural voters.  Those guys went for Trump in a big way and their support for Barletta will be crucial.  A Trump endorsement would be most helpful, or at the very least, Barletta could have Mike Pence come out and stump for him as Pence did for one of our local Republican congressional candidates several days ago
« Last Edit: June 29, 2018, 07:17:38 am by Applewood »

Offline Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...
« Reply #6 on: June 29, 2018, 12:27:10 pm »
The PA gov webstie doesn't have voting stats for jack, but the Iowa breakdowns for the '14 mid-terms were Republicans voting at 68%, Dems 56%, Indies 37%

Men slightly outvoted women, and ag 20-29 voting around 30%, stair stepping up to over 65 at around 78%.

None of the 'Blue Wave' polls have samplings that reflect anywhere close to that, which is why they look to be more like psyops than polls.
The Republic is lost.