Author Topic: Trump calls for live, televised hearing of Strzok, 'other hating frauds' at FBI, DOJ  (Read 2355 times)

Silver Pines

Given the state of the American Culture today, it takes a man like Donald Trump to save our Republic.

He may well lose the House majority come November...we'll see.  But, there will NEVER be a conviction/removal due to 'Impeachment' efforts.

in the meantime...his attitude seems to be one of "Never Give Up!"   

We should all thank God for that.

@DCPatriot

DC, your first sentence is a contradiction, with all respect.  Assuming Trump runs again and wins, he's only in office for eight years.  Whatever benefits might come from his adminstration are, IMO, a stopgap.  The culture is gone, we've lost it.  Everything is slanting to the left now, and it'll continue that way.  I don't think the Republic is going to be saved.

Offline INVAR

• Dread To Tread
    • Sword At The Ready
DC, your first sentence is a contradiction, with all respect.  Assuming Trump runs again and wins, he's only in office for eight years.  Whatever benefits might come from his adminstration are, IMO, a stopgap.  The culture is gone, we've lost it.  Everything is slanting to the left now, and it'll continue that way.  I don't think the Republic is going to be saved.

A fundamental truth that many discard for the lie they comfort themselves with that politics and one political messiah in high office will save us.

A Republic as we once had is already a forgotten idea in the minds of a majority of the population.  Most want government as their god, nanny, and Punisher to be used against those whom they consider an 'enemy'.  And of course a people who have discarded foundational principles for pragmatism simply end up becoming what they originally pretended they were fighting against.
Fart for freedom, fart for liberty and fart proudly.  - Benjamin Franklin

...Obsta principiis—Nip the shoots of arbitrary power in the bud, is the only maxim which can ever preserve the liberties of any people. When the people give way, their deceivers, betrayers and destroyers press upon them so fast that there is no resisting afterwards. The nature of the encroachment upon [the] American constitution is such, as to grow every day more and more encroaching. Like a cancer, it eats faster and faster every hour." - John Adams, February 6, 1775

Online DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
@DCPatriot

@CatherineofAragon

Without reviewing, I could swear that I qualified that in the conversation, implying/saying that all we can essentially do is slow down the Left's advance.

Nevertheless, my claim is true, for if Clinton had won the Office, the Bill of Rights (2nd Amendment) would be shredded by now....and we'd have single-payer healthcare, with death panels.

To this 72 year old senile bastard....that's "saving the repubic".    :laugh:
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Silver Pines

A fundamental truth that many discard for the lie they comfort themselves with that politics and one political messiah in high office will save us.

A Republic as we once had is already a forgotten idea in the minds of a majority of the population.  Most want government as their god, nanny, and Punisher to be used against those whom they consider an 'enemy'.  And of course a people who have discarded foundational principles for pragmatism simply end up becoming what they originally pretended they were fighting against.

@INVAR

I realize how negative it might seem, but I just don't see a miraculous turn-around of the culture.  Andrew Breitbart said it...politics is downstream of culture.

Silver Pines

@CatherineofAragon

Without reviewing, I could swear that I qualified that in the conversation, implying/saying that all we can essentially do is slow down the Left's advance.

Nevertheless, my claim is true, for if Clinton had won the Office, the Bill of Rights (2nd Amendment) would be shredded by now....and we'd have single-payer healthcare, with death panels.

To this 72 year old senile bastard....that's "saving the repubic".    :laugh:

@DCPatriot

Oh, okay, I didn't see your qualification.  Fair enough.   :laugh:

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
That may actually be an interesting idea, especially if they take the fifth over and over and over. Most people don't understand that isn't an admission of guilt, so it will may change some narrative.

Why would he volunteer to testify if he was going to take the Fifth?

Offline Mod5

This is not an AT vs. NT thread.  Take that argument to an appropriate topic.