Author Topic: A Federal Judge Torches Two Lawsuits Trying To Blame Oil Companies For Climate Change  (Read 905 times)

Offline Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...
A federal judge in California threw out two lawsuits trying to hold oil companies responsible for global climate change, according to court documents.

Cato Institute adjunct scholar and Constitutional attorney Andrew Grossman tweeted out the ruling Monday night.

U.S. District Judge William Alsup, appointed by former-President Bill Clinton, dismissed lawsuits by Oakland and San Francisco. The lawsuits sought to recoup damages from sever weather from oil companies, as well as force the companies to invest into a fund that would pay for future infrastructure to protect against more severe weather and rising sea levels.

http://dailycaller.com/2018/06/25/judge-two-lawsuits-trying-oil-companies-climate/?utm_campaign=atdailycaller&utm_source=Twitter&utm_medium=Social
The Republic is lost.

Offline WingNot

• Resident TBR Curmudgeon
A federal judge in California threw out two lawsuits trying to hold oil companies responsible for global climate change.

Nice.
"I'm a man, but I changed, because I had to. Oh well."

Offline IsailedawayfromFR

The libs need to find someone, anyone to blame for climate change.  They cannot accept something naturally occurring as it has for millions of years.

Meanwhile, the elites continue burning through oil and gas jetting around the world, building big houses that use electricity generated by hydrocarbons, as well as a myriad of other items that have oil as their building blocks.
No punishment, in my opinion, is too great, for the man who can build his greatness upon his country's ruin~  George Washington