Author Topic: Rhode Island: The last bastion of anti-abortion Democrats — and the move to oust them  (Read 1031 times)

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
The last bastion of anti-abortion Democrats — and the move to oust them

Get breaking news alerts and special reports. The news and stories that matter, delivered weekday mornings.

WASHINGTON — Democrats have nearly stamped out opposition to abortion rights in their party, but there's a big exception in a tiny state in their own backyard.

The last stronghold of anti-abortion Democrats is not in the conservative South or moderate Midwest, but in the true blue New England state of Rhode Island, where Democrats control every major political office and outnumber Republicans 8-to-1 in the state Senate.

Rhode Island received an "F" grade from NARAL Pro-Choice America in 2016 and has a General Assembly run almost entirely by Right to Life-backed Democrats.

Read more at: https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/elections/last-bastion-anti-abortion-democrats-move-oust-them-n886151

I never knew this. Rhode Island has a lot of Portuguese and I don't know what else. Irish I suppose. I would ask anyone commenting on these articles to politely leave bashing of Christianity out of the conversation.