Author Topic: Former Ethics Chief Calls Sarah Sanders Tweet About Getting Booted from Red Hen ‘Clear Violation’ of  (Read 801 times)

Offline Suppressed

Former Ethics Chief Calls Sarah Sanders Tweet About Getting Booted from Red Hen ‘Clear Violation’ of Ethics Rules
by Tamar Auber | 8:57 pm, June 23rd, 2018
https://www.mediaite.com/online/former-ethics-chief-calls-sarah-sanders-tweet-about-getting-booted-from-red-hen-clear-violation-of-ethics-rules

White House Press Secretary Sarah Sanders violated ethics rules when she tweeted out about being booted from a Virginia restaurant using her official account, according to a series of tweets admonishing Sanders sent by former director of the Office of Government Ethics Walter Shaub.

[...]

Yet, according to Shaub, using Sanders’ official account broke government ethics rules.

“Sarah, I know you don’t care even a tiny little bit about the ethics rules, but using your official account for this is a clear violation of 5 CFR 2635.702(a),” Shaub wrote. “It’s the same as if an ATF agent pulled out his badge when a restaurant tried to throw him/her out.”

[...]

He added that she also broke the endorsements ban rule too because she “used her official govt account to condemn a private business for personal reasons.”

[...]
+++++++++
“In the outside world, I'm a simple geologist. But in here .... I am Falcor, Defender of the Alliance” --Randy Marsh

“The most effectual means of being secure against pain is to retire within ourselves, and to suffice for our own happiness.” -- Thomas Jefferson

“He's so dumb he thinks a Mexican border pays rent.” --Foghorn Leghorn

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
Former "ethics" chief, now with Brookings says nothing about Mad Max Waters and others, openly inciting violence?

Was he with the Bush,, Bush, McCain or Romney admins?

Regardless, the Fakestrem NT feeds, goggle it down by the gulp full !!
"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
Upon further inquiry, it is learned he was appointed by the most ethical administration ever....one Barack Hussein Obama, III, migrant, Nobel Peace Prize winner, international ambassador of ethics, himself.

No doubt impressive, to the likes of George Will, Iv, Baseball Hall of Fame advisor.
"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln

Offline Suppressed

Ad hominem comments don't address his statements.
+++++++++
“In the outside world, I'm a simple geologist. But in here .... I am Falcor, Defender of the Alliance” --Randy Marsh

“The most effectual means of being secure against pain is to retire within ourselves, and to suffice for our own happiness.” -- Thomas Jefferson

Offline ABX

• Words full of sound and fury, signifying nothing.
What if we were talking about something Jay Carney did? Would it then be a violation if someone from the Obama camp used a government account to go after a private business?

The issue should be the principle, not the players.

Offline WingNot

• Resident TBR Curmudgeon
Wally Shaub, fired from his job would claim an ethics violations on a fart coming from the white house.  The man has a hate boner for the administration.  He is a joker. A toker and a midnight pole smoker.
« Last Edit: June 25, 2018, 06:33:10 pm by Wingnut »
"I'm a man, but I changed, because I had to. Oh well."

Online mountaineer

she also broke the endorsements ban rule too because she “used her official govt account to condemn a private business for personal reasons.”
No, she didn't. She reported in the most unbiased fashion imaginable what happened to her. There was no condemnation explicit or implied in her post.
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
Ad hominem comments don't address his statements.

Ethics is often a subjective call.  It's worth looking at the subject sometimes.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline Frank Cannon

This fat clown and Obama hack Walter Shaub get trotted out every time the MSM needs a soundbite slamming Trump.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
This fat clown and Obama hack Walter Shaub get trotted out every time the MSM needs a soundbite slamming Trump.

According to Shaub, I think Trump was declared "unethical" because he took the oath of office.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline WingNot

According to Shaub, I think Trump was declared "unethical" because he took the oath of office.

You know it just sticks in his craw.

Offline Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...
“Sarah, I know you don’t care even a tiny little bit about the ethics rules, but using your official account for this is a clear violation of 5 CFR 2635.702(a),” Shaub wrote. “It’s the same as if an ATF agent pulled out his badge when a restaurant tried to throw him/her out.”

He's prejudicial and biased, stating before he even made his argument that she doesn't care about ethics. Seems rather unethical.

He makes a piss poor analogy - an ATF agent has arrest powers, Sarah Sanders does not. It is not the same thing.

Sanders used her official govt account to condemn a private business for personal reasons. Seeks to coerce business by using her office to get public to pressure it. Violates endorsements ban too, which has an obvious corollary for discouraging patronage. Misuse reg covers both.

Apparently the need for explanation came at the request of the media, so it's within her duties to explain it.

Straub seems to have been asleep during the Obama admin, so his own ethical credibility is shot.
The Republic is lost.

Offline IsailedawayfromFR

Did the Ethics chief say anything about the ethics of using a private email like Obama and Hillary did while in government office?

No punishment, in my opinion, is too great, for the man who can build his greatness upon his country's ruin~  George Washington

Offline Suppressed

Did the Ethics chief say anything about the ethics of using a private email like Obama and Hillary did while in government office?

888high58888
+++++++++

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused

Offline WingNot