Author Topic: Harley-Davidson to make more bikes overseas as US-EU tariff row grows  (Read 870 times)

Offline ABX

• Words full of sound and fury, signifying nothing.
So instead of hiring Americans and exporting them, they are just going to make them over seas and take US production out of the loop.

Woo Hoo for Woodrow Wilson level trade interventionism.

Harley-Davidson plans to shift the production of some of its bikes out of the US in response to Europe’s new tariffs on motorcycle imports.
In a stock market filing, the company said the EU’s reaction to Donald Trump’s steel tariffs, which will add $2,200 (£1,657) to the average cost of a motorcycle exported from the US to Europe, will result in up to $100m of extra charges over the next couple of years....

https://www.msn.com/en-us/music/news/harley-davidson-to-make-more-bikes-overseas-as-us-eu-tariff-row-grows/ar-AAz8IEv

Offline Suppressed

+++++++++
“In the outside world, I'm a simple geologist. But in here .... I am Falcor, Defender of the Alliance” --Randy Marsh

“The most effectual means of being secure against pain is to retire within ourselves, and to suffice for our own happiness.” -- Thomas Jefferson

“He's so dumb he thinks a Mexican border pays rent.” --Foghorn Leghorn

Offline WingNot

• Resident TBR Curmudgeon
Haley has been having trouble again for years.  This has nothing to do with Trump but rather more with their piss poor QC and management.
"I'm a man, but I changed, because I had to. Oh well."

Offline ABX

• Words full of sound and fury, signifying nothing.
Haley has been having trouble again for years.  This has nothing to do with Trump but rather more with their piss poor QC and management.

This isn't about Harley being in trouble, just the opposite, it is about their moving operations overseas. The Tariffs are sending jobs overseas for products we used to just export.

Offline WingNot

• Resident TBR Curmudgeon
I'm telling you this is more about Harley being in the tank and bloody stinking up the place.  They have a dipstick for a CEO who is driving the Titanic.
"I'm a man, but I changed, because I had to. Oh well."

Offline Concerned

This isn't about Harley being in trouble, just the opposite, it is about their moving operations overseas. The Tariffs are sending jobs overseas for products we used to just export.

More jobs in the EU:  Make the EU Great Again! 
I adore facts and data and abhor lies and liars.