Author Topic: Trump letter to Trudeau expresses ‘growing frustration’ over Canada’s failure to meet NATO spending  (Read 501 times)

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
Trump letter to Trudeau expresses ‘growing frustration’ over Canada’s failure to meet NATO spending commitments
Sean Kilpatrick/The Canadian Press

OTTAWA — As Prime Minister Justin Trudeau prepares to attend the upcoming NATO summit in Brussels, U.S. President Donald Trump is calling on Canada to meet the alliance’s defence spending targets.

In the June 19 letter, Trump says there is “growing frustration” in the United States with North Atlantic Treaty Organization allies like Canada that have not increased defence spending as promised.

“This frustration is not confined to our executive branch. The United States Congress has taken note and is concerned as well,” reads the letter, first reported by iPolitics. The Canadian Press has confirmed the authenticity of the letter.

Read more at: http://nationalpost.com/news/politics/trump-sends-letter-to-trudeau-calling-for-increase-in-nato-defence-spending

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
Perhaps we should stop defending Canada.

Actually, I think it's time to INVADE Canada, and take it over.
(Yes, I really do believe we ought to do that!)

Addendum:
Except for Quebec... let them be their own nation. The Christian/French of France are going to need a new nation to which they can emigrate in the years to come...
« Last Edit: June 24, 2018, 11:11:42 pm by Fishrrman »

Offline dfwgator

Perhaps we should stop defending Canada.

Actually, I think it's time to INVADE Canada, and take it over.
(Yes, I really do believe we ought to do that!)

! No longer available

Offline WingNot

• Resident TBR Curmudgeon
"I'm a man, but I changed, because I had to. Oh well."