Author Topic: Texas Supreme Court strikes down city plastic bag bans  (Read 1173 times)

Offline Elderberry

• TBR Contributor
Texas Supreme Court strikes down city plastic bag bans
« on: June 23, 2018, 12:27:15 pm »
Houston Chronicle By Allie Morris,June 22, 2018

The Texas Supreme Court ruled Friday the city of Laredo can’t impose a ban on plastic bags, endangering ordinances across the state put in place to reduce pollution.

Following a legal challenge brought by business groups, the decision resolves a long-simmering battle over the bans on single-use bags. The ruling deals a blow to the city of Laredo, which argued it imposed the ban to avoid spending hundreds-of-thousands of dollars to clean disposable bags from the sewer system.

More: https://www.houstonchronicle.com/news/local/politics/article/Texas-Supreme-Court-strikes-down-city-plastic-bag-13017370.php

Offline IsailedawayfromFR

Re: Texas Supreme Court strikes down city plastic bag bans
« Reply #1 on: June 23, 2018, 01:32:32 pm »
Now if we could only get the Texas Supreme Court to strike down Austin's 'no bag' law, we would all be happy.
No punishment, in my opinion, is too great, for the man who can build his greatness upon his country's ruin~  George Washington

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
« Reply #2 on: June 23, 2018, 03:21:07 pm »
Now if we could only get the Texas Supreme Court to strike down Austin's 'no bag' law, we would all be happy.

I just don't shop in Austin.  There's 'burbs all around that don't have to abide by their rules, and they get my money instead of those in Austin.

Offline IsailedawayfromFR

« Reply #3 on: June 23, 2018, 04:34:19 pm »
I just don't shop in Austin.  There's 'burbs all around that don't have to abide by their rules, and they get my money instead of those in Austin.
I am the same when I go to visit my mom, who lives in Williamson County.
No punishment, in my opinion, is too great, for the man who can build his greatness upon his country's ruin~  George Washington

Offline thackney

Life is fragile, handle with prayer