Author Topic: Why I supported my autistic daughter’s social transition to a man  (Read 608 times)

Offline mountaineer

This is horrifying.
Why I supported my autistic daughter’s social transition to a man
by FightingToGetHerBack

FightingToGetHerBack lives in the United States with her husband and 17-year old daughter Zoe. Four years ago, Zoe made the surprise announcement that she was transgender.  FightingToGetHerBack shares her personal story to illustrate how even smart, educated parents can be emotionally blackmailed into supporting their children’s transition.

For almost a year, I actively supported my daughter’s social transition to appear as a man. I called Zoe by her preferred masculine name and pronouns, and introduced her to others as my son. I was by her side as she marched in a Trans Pride Parade, waving pink and blue flags and dancing to Lady Gaga’s “Born This Way.” I purchased the binder she wore to flatten her breasts.

Outwardly, I appeared as the supportive, loving mother of a transgender child. Inwardly, I was conflicted. Privately, I grieved. Alone, I cried.

As I look back on all I did to affirm Zoe’s mistaken identity as a man, I am mortified. ...

... How could such a smart girl believe she was a boy? What happened to make her believe this so strongly and so suddenly?

I asked Zoe to tell me when it was that she first started thinking she was transgender. She said she got the idea after attending a school presentation. I was appalled. I had no idea this was part of the school curriculum. Zoe also told me about other kids she knew who were transgender. I was stunned to learn that this was so common. Interestingly, all of the “trans” kids that Zoe knew were very similar: highly intelligent and with apparent autistic traits–and with a history of not fitting in.  ...

During the time that I supported Joe’s social transition, I purposely avoided any news articles on the topic. And when I heard critical voices — which at that time seemed to come only from ultra-conservative gay-bashers  — the unintended consequence of their hurtful words served only to harden my support for my son’s transition and bias my thinking. ...

So what finally woke me up? It was when the head of the program, Dr. Jones, the  well-respected “expert” threatened me: “Your choice is between a mental hospital or hormone blockers.” That’s when I finally realized the clinic’s true agenda: not to therapeutically help my child, but to push her on a dangerous path to medically transition under the pretense of it being a psychological necessity.  ...
Read the whole article.
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline goodwithagun

As a mother of a child with autism is type this: Track down who took advantage of your child’s disability so that he/she could molest her.

Your child with autism isn’t transgender, she’s abused.
I stand with Roosgirl.

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
Interestingly, all of the “trans” kids that Zoe knew were very similar: highly intelligent and with apparent autistic traits–and with a history of not fitting in.  ...

And, they feel that changing this fundamental thing about themselves can make them fit in.

Offline mountaineer

As a mother of a child with autism is type this: Track down who took advantage of your child’s disability so that he/she could molest her.

Your child with autism isn’t transgender, she’s abused.
They certainly seem to be taking advantage of children dealing with a variety of social, emotional or psychological issues. It's like they're preying on the weak. All this particular girl seemed to want was friends, to fit in. Instead, thanks  to the schools and media, she was led to think the solution is hacking off her breasts and growing a beard. This is sick.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
This is horrifying. Read the whole article.

"Autistic" is a big word that covers a lot of territory,and is not related to transgenderism in any respect. I am mildly autistic,and the "mildly" is my own prejudiced estimation of how I am affected.

Luckily for me,we didn't have professional problems when I was a kid. Those of us who are different probably thought the same thing I was thinking back then,"This is a part of growing up and adapting,and it sucks!" We didn't have "professionals with an agenda" to monitor and "guide" us while telling us what to do and think.
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
And, they feel that changing this fundamental thing about themselves can make them fit in.

@Sanguine

It DOES make them fit in with the tiny little group that has "adopted" them and told them they are ok,and then worked on telling them what to believe.

It's rare to be taken seriously by even your peers when you are young and "different",so it is really flattering when adults start paying attention to you and not treating you like an idiot child.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
They certainly seem to be taking advantage of children dealing with a variety of social, emotional or psychological issues. It's like they're preying on the weak.

@mountaineer

No,it is NOT "like" preying on the weak. It is EXACTLY what they are doing,and they are educated adults who KNOW what they are doing and doing it purposely.

Offline mountaineer

You're right, @sneakypete