Author Topic: Bourbon storage facility collapses in Kentucky, sending barrels crashing to ground  (Read 902 times)

Offline driftdiver

• I could eat it raw but why when I have fire
http://www.foxnews.com/food-drink/2018/06/22/bourbon-storage-facility-collapses-in-kentucky-sending-barrels-crashing-to-ground.html

A portion of a warehouse housing thousands of barrels of bourbon collapsed in Kentucky on Friday, sending roughly half of those barrels crashing to the ground.

Bardstown Fire Chief Bill Mattingly said the storage facility at the Barton 1792 Distillery collapsed “length-wise” on Friday morning, and left the other half leaning and in danger of buckling, Kentucky Standard reported.

CONOR MCGREGOR BLASTS TENNESSEE WHISKEY, CALLS IT 'A CRIME'

He also estimated that around 10,000 of the barrels held within — Mattingly estimated 20,000 in total — were destroyed as a result. But Joe Prewitt, the director of Nelson County Emergency Management, told the Lexington Herald Leader that the storage building, or rickhouse, held only around 9,000 barrels total.

A representative for Barton Brands confirmed that no one was injured in the collapse, the only casualties being the whiskey.

WHY HANGOVERS WORSEN WITH AGE

“Right now we’re trying to determine why it collapsed,” said Mattingly, and added that the forecasted storms heading to the area may pose fire concerns.

Environmental officials were also reportedly headed to Bardstown to determine whether the whiskey had contaminated a tributary located 250 feet downhill from the storage facility. Firefighters were unable to tell whether the water contained any of the alcohol, the Standard reported.

Fools mock, tongues wag, babies cry and goats bleat.

Offline dfwgator

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Mattingly estimated 20,000 in total — were destroyed as a result.

8888crybaby
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline driftdiver

• I could eat it raw but why when I have fire
Ill have some tonight just to mourn
Fools mock, tongues wag, babies cry and goats bleat.

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
This is a tragedy.

Online catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
I am going to look on the bright side of this tragedy, and remember it wasn't Eagle Rare or Maker's Mark.
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline WingNot

• Resident TBR Curmudgeon
"I'm a man, but I changed, because I had to. Oh well."