Author Topic: The Real Lesson of the Inspector General's Report  (Read 1057 times)

Offline endicom

The Real Lesson of the Inspector General's Report
« on: June 22, 2018, 07:35:15 pm »
American Thinker
Tadas Klimas
June 22, 2018

You missed it. But that's all right: everyone else missed it, too.

Michael Horowitz is the Department of Justice's Inspector General. He testified on June 18th before the Senate Judiciary Committee about his report concerning the Hillary Clinton national security breach investigation. The revelation came to light during questioning by Senator John Kennedy. (@7:36)

Horowitz testified that “most” of the investigative decisions in that investigation were made not by the FBI but by prosecutors within the Department of Justice.

One might be tempted to conclude that much of the criticism of the FBI for its decisions in the aforesaid Clinton investigation would have to be discounted or re-examined. Perhaps. But that is not the most important conclusion.

For whatever reason, it is clear from the report that the structure of the FBI/DOJ's Clinton investigation was all off: the FBI was reduced to providing a set of runners (perhaps willing and even avid, because of their demonstrated bias, runners, but runners just the same) for DOJ attorneys.

More... https://www.americanthinker.com/articles/2018/06/the_real_lesson_of_the_inspector_generals_report.html

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
Re: The Real Lesson of the Inspector General's Report
« Reply #1 on: June 22, 2018, 07:56:42 pm »
I've said as much right here several times recently.
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline Fantasywriter

« Reply #2 on: June 23, 2018, 12:30:59 am »
The real lesson of Horowitz' report is that if the executive summary and conclusion clear everybody of wrongdoing,  the report was a whitewash and will be portrayed as an exoneration of the FBI.

Which is exactly what happened, before the press shifted into mass hysteria mode over Bush's border policies (that were also implemented by Obama),  and which Congress has yet to change.

Offline endicom

« Reply #3 on: June 23, 2018, 12:55:16 am »
The real lesson of Horowitz' report is that if the executive summary and conclusion clear everybody of wrongdoing,  the report was a whitewash and will be portrayed as an exoneration of the FBI.

It's not over and some people may yet be indicted.

Offline Fantasywriter

« Reply #4 on: June 23, 2018, 01:26:40 am »
It's not over and some people may yet be indicted.

Hope springs eternal. But I spent many months on TOS being told that Horowitz would lower the boom, and many indictments would be unsealed with the release of his "scathing" report.

Now everyone is talking about Huber. From what I've read, he's a bigger hack than Horowitz.

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
« Reply #5 on: June 23, 2018, 03:18:45 am »
 **nononono*

Offline dfwgator

« Reply #6 on: June 23, 2018, 03:28:41 am »
The lesson is, you can get away with anything if you're a Democrat.

Offline Fantasywriter

« Reply #7 on: June 23, 2018, 04:34:49 am »
The lesson is, you can get away with anything if you're a Democrat.

In a nutshell,  yes.

👍