Author Topic: Rhode Island bill would keep Trump off 2020 ballot unless he releases his tax returns  (Read 808 times)

Offline Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...
Rhode Island’s state Senate passed a bill this week that would keep candidates off the presidential ballot in their state if they don’t release five years' worth of tax returns, according to the Providence Journal.

Sen. Gayle Goldin (D), who sponsored the bill, noted that every presidential candidate since Richard Nixon released their tax returns voluntarily until President Trump ran for office.

Trump has repeatedly claimed that he cannot release his tax returns because he is under audit, but the IRS said an audit does not prevent a candidate from releasing their personal tax information.

http://thehill.com/homenews/state-watch/393581-rhode-island-bill-would-keep-trump-off-2020-ballot-unless-he-filed-his
The Republic is lost.

Offline WingNot

• Resident TBR Curmudgeon
They have what...1 electoral vote?
"I'm a man, but I changed, because I had to. Oh well."

Offline Frank Cannon

Sen. Gayle Goldin (D), who sponsored the bill, noted that every presidential candidate since Richard Nixon released their tax returns voluntarily until President Trump ran for office.

That mean there were no Presidents prior to 1968?

BTW Nixon had to release his because he cheated previously. It's total bullshit.

Offline Taxcontrol

• "Stupid should hurt" - Dad's wisdom
Demonstratively unconstitutional as it places an additional restrictions on a candidate above and beyond what is required in the Constitution.

Offline guitar4jesus

• Yup...
Demonstratively unconstitutional as it places an additional restrictions on a candidate above and beyond what is required in the Constitution.

Aye.