Author Topic: A federal judge says Liz Warren’s ‘brainchild’ is unconstitutional – here’s why  (Read 445 times)

Offline Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...
The Consumer Financial Protection Bureau, the “brainchild” of Senator Elizabeth Warren (D-Mass.), was declared unconstitutional by a federal judge Thursday.

In the case CFPB versus RD Legal Funding, Judge Loretta Preska said that not only is the structure of the CFPB unconstitutional, but that the only remedy is to dismantle the office.

Preska wrote that she sided with a previous finding by federal Judge Kavanaugh, saying “based on considerations of history, liberty, and presidential authority,” the CFPB “is unconstitutionally structured because it is an independent agency that exercises substantial executive power and is headed by a single Director,” quoting Kavanaugh.

https://www.theblaze.com/news/2018/06/21/a-federal-judge-says-liz-warrens-brainchild-is-unconstitutional-heres-why
The Republic is lost.

Offline Frank Cannon

Offline WingNot

• Resident TBR Curmudgeon
"I'm a man, but I changed, because I had to. Oh well."

Oceander

Hopefully (a) this decision is upheld by the Court of Appeals, and (b) when the Supreme Court ultimately gets this case, it upholds it as well.  There is already a case out of another circuit from the appeals level upholding the constitutionality of this agency, so this is not the end of the matter.