Author Topic: ...IRS Documents...McCain’s...Staff Director Urged IRS to Engage in “Financially Ruinous” Targeting  (Read 1494 times)

Offline endicom

Judicial Watch Obtains IRS Documents Revealing McCain’s Subcommittee Staff Director Urged IRS to Engage in “Financially Ruinous” Targeting

Judicial Watch
June 21, 2018

McCain minority staff director Henry Kerner to IRS official Lois Lerner and other IRS

officials: “the solution is to audit so many that it becomes financially ruinous”

(Washington, DC) – Judicial Watch today released newly obtained internal IRS documents, including material revealing that Sen. John McCain’s former staff director and chief counsel on the Senate Homeland Security Permanent Subcommittee, Henry Kerner, urged top IRS officials, including then-director of exempt organizations Lois Lerner, to “audit so many that it becomes financially ruinous.”  Kerner was appointed by President Trump as Special Counsel for the United States Office of Special Counsel.

The explosive exchange was contained in notes taken by IRS employees at an April 30, 2013, meeting between Kerner, Lerner, and other high-ranking IRS officials. Just ten days following the meeting, former IRS director of exempt organizations Lois Lerner admitted that the IRS had a policy of improperly and deliberately delaying applications for tax-exempt status from conservative non-profit groups.

Lerner and other IRS officials met with select top staffers from the Senate Governmental Affairs Committee in a “marathon” meeting to discuss concerns raised by both Sen. Carl Levin (D-MI) and Sen. John McCain (R-AZ) that the IRS was not reining in political advocacy groups in response to the Supreme Court’s Citizens United decision.  Senator McCain had been the chief sponsor of the McCain-Feingold Act and called the Citizens United decision, which overturned portions of the Act, one of the “worst decisions I have ever seen.”

More... https://www.judicialwatch.org/press-room/press-releases/judicial-watch-obtains-irs-documents-revealing-mccains-subcommittee-staff-director-urged-irs-to-engage-in-financially-ruinous-targeting/?utm_source=facebook.com&utm_medium=social&utm_campaign=press%20release

Offline WingNot

• Resident TBR Curmudgeon
"I'm a man, but I changed, because I had to. Oh well."

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
Sadly, I can't say I'm surprised.
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline driftdiver

• I could eat it raw but why when I have fire
This is one reason they'll never get rid of the IRS.  They love using it as a weapon
Fools mock, tongues wag, babies cry and goats bleat.

Offline Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
This is one reason they'll never get rid of the IRS.  They love using it as a weapon

And we continue to allow it.  It makes me truly ashamed.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline endicom

Good thing McCain is dead.

Kerner isn't. He's the head of: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/United_States_Office_of_Special_Counsel

And get this:

Special Counsel Kerner issued a statement declaring that "Kellyanne Conway, one of President Donald Trump’s top advisers, violated federal law in two television interviews last year by using her White House position to weigh in on a political race" on March 6, 2017.[7] https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Henry_Kerner

Offline Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...
Sounds like he's wandered close to RICO territory.
The Republic is lost.

Offline endicom

Sounds like he's wandered close to RICO territory.

Or something not legal. DCers suck more scum than ducks on a pond.

Offline Frank Cannon

I would call for McLames resignation, but of course he is dead so the point is moot.

Oceander

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
June 22, 2018
So IRS Tea Party persecutor Lois Lerner had help all along: John McCain
By Monica Showalter

How's this for sneaky? Sen. John McCain, not too long after seeking conservative and Republican votes in his failed 2008 bid for the presidency, went right after those same conservative voters without telling them, by egging on the IRS to ruin them.

It's the sort of political back-stabbing that defies belief, taking an active role in destroying the Tea Party, which was an authentic grassroots movement of local groups calling for smaller government. But sure enough, Judicial Watch has found McCain's central role right there in the documents:

Judicial Watch today released newly obtained internal IRS documents, including material revealing that Sen. John McCain’s former staff director and chief counsel on the Senate Homeland Security Permanent Subcommittee, Henry Kerner, urged top IRS officials, including then-director of exempt organizations Lois Lerner, to “audit so many that it becomes financially ruinous.”  Kerner was appointed by President Trump as Special Counsel for the United States Office of Special Counsel.

The explosive exchange was contained in notes taken by IRS employees at an April 30, 2013, meeting between Kerner, Lerner, and other high-ranking IRS officials. Just ten days following the meeting, former IRS director of exempt organizations Lois Lerner admitted that the IRS had a policy of improperly and deliberately delaying applications for tax-exempt status from conservative non-profit groups.

Lerner and other IRS officials met with select top staffers from the Senate Governmental Affairs Committee in a “marathon” meeting to discuss concerns raised by both Sen. Carl Levin (D-MI) and Sen. John McCain (R-AZ) that the IRS was not reining in political advocacy groups in response to the Supreme Court’s Citizens United decision.  Senator McCain had been the chief sponsor of the McCain-Feingold Act and called the Citizens United decision, which overturned portions of the Act, one of the “worst decisions I have ever seen.”

In the full notes of an April 30 meeting, McCain’s high-ranking staffer Kerner recommends harassing non-profit groups until they are unable to continue operating. Kerner tells Lerner, Steve Miller, then chief of staff to IRS commissioner, Nikole Flax, and other IRS officials, “Maybe the solution is to audit so many that it is financially ruinous.” In response, Lerner responded that “it is her job to oversee it all:”

more
https://www.americanthinker.com/blog/2018/06/so_irs_tea_party_persecutor_lois_lerner_had_help_all_along_john_mccain_.html
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline RoosGirl

Offline INVAR

• Dread To Tread
    • Sword At The Ready
Mitch McConnell also had his fat fingers in the 'destroy the Tea Party' efforts.

In fact the Republican Party was hand-in-fist with the Democrats when it came to using the Alphabets as weapons to destroy those who threaten the oligarchy and it's members.

Single party/uniparty - whatever you want to call them, both of them are slimes and destructive to your liberty and livelihood.
Fart for freedom, fart for liberty and fart proudly.  - Benjamin Franklin

...Obsta principiis—Nip the shoots of arbitrary power in the bud, is the only maxim which can ever preserve the liberties of any people. When the people give way, their deceivers, betrayers and destroyers press upon them so fast that there is no resisting afterwards. The nature of the encroachment upon [the] American constitution is such, as to grow every day more and more encroaching. Like a cancer, it eats faster and faster every hour." - John Adams, February 6, 1775

Offline Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
Songbird at his best! Or worst!  You decide!

- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline driftdiver

Offline Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...
How so?

Conspiring with others to target and financially ruin someone with what essentially is extortion.

There aren't enough details given here to know for sure, but if I was one of the aggrieved parties I would have my lawyer look into it.
The Republic is lost.

Offline driftdiver

Conspiring with others to target and financially ruin someone with what essentially is extortion.

There aren't enough details given here to know for sure, but if I was one of the aggrieved parties I would have my lawyer look into it.

Would think there's a  conspiracy charge in there.  abuse of power.  probably a number of other ones.  a civil suit is probably the only option.

rangerrebew

« Reply #18 on: June 22, 2018, 03:11:37 pm »
June 22, 2018
By Monica Showalter

How's this for sneaky? Sen. John McCain, not too long after seeking conservative and Republican votes in his failed 2008 bid for the presidency, went right after those same conservative voters without telling them, by egging on the IRS to ruin them.

It's the sort of political back-stabbing that defies belief, taking an active role in destroying the Tea Party, which was an authentic grassroots movement of local groups calling for smaller government. But sure enough, Judicial Watch has found McCain's central role right there in the documents:

Read more: https://www.americanthinker.com/blog/2018/06/so_irs_tea_party_persecutor_lois_lerner_had_help_all_along_john_mccain_.html#ixzz5JAQiZl6e

Offline mrclose

McCain was Obama's running mate in 2008.
They were both running against Sarah Palin.  :shrug:
"Hell is empty, all the devil's are here!"
~ Self

Online GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion
Good thing McCain is dead.
Wishful thinking, they saved the malignant tumor. 

Offline WingNot

• Resident TBR Curmudgeon
Wishful thinking, they saved the malignant tumor. 

For future experimentation for the betterment of man.  Or for the circus freak show?
"I'm a man, but I changed, because I had to. Oh well."