Author Topic: Melania Trump wears a $39 jacket with 'I REALLY DON'T CARE, DO U?' scrawled on the back as she board  (Read 10430 times)

Silver Pines

People get tired of being punching bags

@driftdiver

Sure.  But you punch back smart or it blows back on you. 

Offline driftdiver

• I could eat it raw but why when I have fire
@driftdiver

Sure.  But you punch back smart or it blows back on you.

One thing Trump is really really good at is reading his audience.  His supporters understand the message and who it was for.  So do the people it was directed at.

They weren't expecting it and they didn't seem to know what to do.  Trump always attacks and it mostly works for him.
Fools mock, tongues wag, babies cry and goats bleat.

Offline RoosGirl

Who cares what it says. It's still an ugly jacket. 

Offline Suppressed

One thing Trump is really really good at is reading his audience.  His supporters understand the message and who it was for.  So do the people it was directed at.

Yes, it's the Trump way: play to his base for guffaws, while driving reasonable people away.

Then, when reasonable people won't support him to push his initiative through, whine that he isn't getting support.

And ignore the fact that they all claimed he was a great negotiator.
+++++++++
“In the outside world, I'm a simple geologist. But in here .... I am Falcor, Defender of the Alliance” --Randy Marsh

“The most effectual means of being secure against pain is to retire within ourselves, and to suffice for our own happiness.” -- Thomas Jefferson

“He's so dumb he thinks a Mexican border pays rent.” --Foghorn Leghorn

Offline driftdiver

Yes, it's the Trump way: play to his base for guffaws, while driving reasonable people away.

Then, when reasonable people won't support him to push his initiative through, whine that he isn't getting support.

And ignore the fact that they all claimed he was a great negotiator.

@Suppressed
Millions of reasonable people support him because he's willing to fight back and not just lay there like Bush did.  People are tired of bushies.

Offline driftdiver

Who cares if the jacket is ugly, its on a smokin hot chick who makes great sammiches

Offline RoosGirl

Who cares if the jacket is ugly, its on a smokin hot chick who makes great sammiches

Sure, she makes her sammiches the same way I do (who do you think she got tbe recipe from), but you'll eat hers because she's a hot chick.

Offline driftdiver

Sure, she makes her sammiches the same way I do (who do you think she got tbe recipe from), but you'll eat hers because she's a hot chick.

She's from Slovenia where they know how to treat a man so her sammiches are stellar.

and yes she's a hot chick

Offline musiclady

A point that needed to be made....   ^-^

btw, a false meme about the jacket is already making its way around Facebook.

Making me again wonder why she chose to wear it when she actually does seem to care.

Why feed the media beast when they're devouring you and your family already??
Character still matters.  It always matters.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Use the time God is giving us to seek His will and feel His presence.

Offline aligncare

She wore it while boarding the plane in Maryland, not while visiting the children in Texas. If it was directed to anyone (which officially it wasn't), it most certainly wasn't the children.

Everyone’s concerned about optics.

Optics:

2 chiefly North American (typically in a political context) the way in which an event or course of action is perceived by the public

The props on a stage, political theater where issues are made secondary to the event.

In other words, the visual manifestation of political correctness.

If nothing else, this first family breaks from business as usual, optics be damned.

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Unfortunately everyone is talking about the jacket rather than what she was doing in Texas...mission fail.
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline RoosGirl

She's from Slovenia where they know how to treat a man so her sammiches are stellar.

and yes she's a hot chick

I've never been to Slovenia. Are the men generally worth treating better than the effeminate idiots in the US?

Offline RoosGirl

A point that needed to be made....   ^-^

btw, a false meme about the jacket is already making its way around Facebook.

Making me again wonder why she chose to wear it when she actually does seem to care.

Why feed the media beast when they're devouring you and your family already??

Seriously, it looks like something Michelle would wear with white, skin-tight jeans and a neon yellow tank top.

Offline driftdiver

I've never been to Slovenia. Are the men generally worth treating better than the effeminate idiots in the US?

I wouldn't know  but at least you seem happy with your pick here in the US.

Offline RoosGirl

I wouldn't know  but at least you seem happy with your pick here in the US.

Thank God I don't have to pick anymore. I'm afraid I would die old and alone with 50 cats, and I don't even like cats.

Offline driftdiver

Thank God I don't have to pick anymore. I'm afraid I would die old and alone with 50 cats, and I don't even like cats.

You strike me as more the pit bull kinda girl.

Offline Concerned

Unfortunately everyone is talking about the jacket rather than what she was doing in Texas...mission fail.

Exactly right.  Melania's visit was changing the narrative from children in cages to seeing children in classrooms and her offering to help.  The dialogue is now about the message being sent with the jacket.  I would conclude it's yet another self-inflicted wound, but I just can't accept that this was anything other than intentional on Melania's part.  I just can't figure out the rationale behind the jacket since she so obviously stepped on the message of her own very positive visit.  Odd indeed.
I adore facts and data and abhor lies and liars.

Offline edpc

• Professional Misanthrope - Briefer and Boxer

Probably because the optics of the visit weren’t much better.  When she asked the staff how long the children were there, she was told between 42-45 days.  Her response?  “That’s great.”

On her way out, she said, “Good luck.”
I disagree.  Circle gets the square.

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
The fact that she wore a jacket that says "I don't care" says she cares.  ....or something.

Offline RoosGirl

You strike me as more the pit bull kinda girl.

German Shorthaired Pointers

Silver Pines

They weren't expecting it and they didn't seem to know what to do.  Trump always attacks and it mostly works for him.

@driftdiver

Oh, I forgot, Trump fans have the magic ring to decode his thoughts and this is more Trump chess sorcery.  Problem is, he’s the president of more than a fan club, and the “message” just doesn’t make any sense.  It was a totally tone-deaf move.

Offline Hoodat

The left is flipping out about this right now.

Then it did exactly what it was intended to do.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Offline musiclady

Seriously, it looks like something Michelle would wear with white, skin-tight jeans and a neon yellow tank top.

You’re right! It DOES look like something Michelle would wear!

Which makes her choice even weirder.  :shrug:
Character still matters.  It always matters.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Use the time God is giving us to seek His will and feel His presence.

Offline Frank Cannon

It's being reported that Melania is wearing this today....

Offline driftdiver

@driftdiver

Oh, I forgot, Trump fans have the magic ring to decode his thoughts and this is more Trump chess sorcery.  Problem is, he’s the president of more than a fan club, and the “message” just doesn’t make any sense.  It was a totally tone-deaf move.

@CatherineofAragon
You're just upset because he doesn't give a shit what his enemies think.