Author Topic: Pentagon sending military lawyers to border to help prosecute immigration cases  (Read 329 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Pentagon sending military lawyers to border to help prosecute immigration cases

The lawyers will be appointed as full-time special assistant U.S. attorneys for as long as six months.
by Alex Johnson and Courtney Kube / Jun.20.2018 / 10:10 PM ET / Updated Jun.21.2018 / 6:49 AM ET

Twenty-one military lawyers are being sent to Arizona, Texas and New Mexico to help prosecute illegal immigration cases, the Defense Department told MSNBC on Wednesday night.

The lawyers, who are to have "criminal trial experience," will be appointed as full-time special assistant U.S. attorneys for up to 179 days, or around six months, the Defense Department said in confirming the plan, which was first reported by MSNBC's "The Rachel Maddow Show."

The plan is outlined in internal Defense Department emails obtained by MSNBC. According to the emails — which appear to be dated last month and one of which is labeled "An urgent request" — the Justice Department sought applicants for the positions "while we staff up" with permanent assistant U.S. attorneys.

more
https://www.nbcnews.com/storyline/immigration-border-crisis/pentagon-sending-military-lawyers-border-help-prosecute-immigration-cases-n885216?cid=sm_npd_nn_tw_ma
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
One hopes they are put to more effective work than the National Guard troops who were also sent down there...

Offline endicom

We're jumping through a lot of hoops to accommodate these supposed migrants.

Offline WingNot

• Resident TBR Curmudgeon
Yeah,  I heard Harm Rabb and  Adm. Chegwidden where available.
"I'm a man, but I changed, because I had to. Oh well."