Author Topic: Here Is the Advanced Attack Submarine the U.S. Navy Never Built  (Read 319 times)

rangerrebew

Here Is the Advanced Attack Submarine the U.S. Navy Never Built

The submarine, never built, would have been smaller than other subs and a mothership to drones.
By Kyle Mizokami   
Jun 20, 2018

A previously unpublicized design for the U.S. Navy shows an advanced attack submarine that could operate unmanned undersea vehicles remotely and conduct “spy” missions on the seabed floor. The unnamed design was never built, but it could hint at the future direction of the U.S. submarine fleet.

The sub design was discovered by open source intelligence Twitter account Intellipus and published online by researcher and author H.I. Sutton, author of the Covert Shores submarine blog and World Submarines: Covert Shores Recognition Guide. A mockup of the design was featured in a 2000 magazine article written by Rear Admiral Malcolm Fages. At time of publication Adm. Fages was the U.S. Navy's director of the Submarine Warfare Division.

https://www.popularmechanics.com/military/navy-ships/a21728744/us-navy-attack-submarine-prototype-200/
« Last Edit: June 21, 2018, 11:31:02 am by rangerrebew »

Offline driftdiver

• I could eat it raw but why when I have fire
Re: Here Is the Advanced Attack Submarine the U.S. Navy Never Built
« Reply #1 on: June 21, 2018, 11:35:29 am »
Weird stuff
Fools mock, tongues wag, babies cry and goats bleat.