Author Topic: Mark Meadows unloads on Paul Ryan in heated floor exchange  (Read 456 times)

Online corbe

Mark Meadows unloads on Paul Ryan in heated floor exchange

By Ashley Killough and Phil Mattingly, CNN

3 hrs ago

On the eve of two major immigration votes, weeks of hard-fought negotiations took a turn with a heated blowup on the House floor between two lead negotiators.

House Freedom Caucus Chairman Mark Meadows, a conservative Republican from North Carolina, erupted at House Speaker Paul Ryan of Wisconsin over their agreement involving two major immigration bills, saying several times, "I'm done," while pointing in an animated fashion at the top House Republican and raising his voice as their colleagues watched.

The explosion drew widespread attention from inside the chamber and out -- and surfaced once again the long-simmering tension between House Republican leadership and the conservative bloc of lawmakers that has, at times, wreaked havoc on Ryan and his leadership's teams best-laid plans on topics ranging from government spending and health care to the farm bill and -- repeatedly -- immigration.

"The compromise bill is not ready for prime time," Meadows told reporters off the House floor who witnessed the exchange. "I'll leave it at that."

<..snip..>

http://www.msn.com/en-us/news/politics/mark-meadows-unloads-on-paul-ryan-in-heated-floor-exchange/ar-AAyVELD?ocid=ientp
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline dfwgator

Re: Mark Meadows unloads on Paul Ryan in heated floor exchange
« Reply #1 on: June 21, 2018, 03:07:22 am »
Wish Ryan would leave already, and get his lobbying gig.

Offline Formerly Once-Ler

« Reply #2 on: June 21, 2018, 03:24:49 am »
Wish Ryan would leave already, and get his lobbying gig.
He might as well.  The GOP ain't passin' nothing but gas before the Nov elections.

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
« Reply #3 on: June 21, 2018, 03:37:10 am »
Mark Meadows unloads on Paul Ryan in heated floor exchange

By Ashley Killough and Phil Mattingly, CNN

3 hrs ago

The explosion drew widespread attention from inside the chamber and out -- and surfaced once again the long-simmering tension between House Republican leadership and the conservative bloc of lawmakers that has, at times, wreaked havoc on Ryan and his leadership's teams best-laid plans tried to make the House act responsibly on topics ranging from government spending and health care to the farm bill and -- repeatedly -- immigration.

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #4 on: June 21, 2018, 02:30:10 pm »
Meadows on spat with Ryan: ‘We’ve made up’
http://thehill.com/hilltv/rising/393436-meadows-on-spat-with-ryan-weve-made-up
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline WingNot

• Resident TBR Curmudgeon
« Reply #5 on: June 21, 2018, 02:38:44 pm »
Meadows on spat with Ryan: ‘We’ve made up’
http://thehill.com/hilltv/rising/393436-meadows-on-spat-with-ryan-weve-made-up

Did they have make-up sex too?
"I'm a man, but I changed, because I had to. Oh well."