Author Topic: Michael Cohen resigns from RNC committee post, sources say  (Read 515 times)

Offline Formerly Once-Ler

Michael Cohen resigns from RNC committee post, sources say
« on: June 20, 2018, 06:58:14 pm »
https://abcnews.go.com/Politics/michael-cohen-resigns-rnc-committee-post/story?id=56033406

Michael Cohen, President Trump’s longtime confidant and former personal attorney, has resigned from his post as deputy finance chair of the Republican National Committee's Finance Committee, sources close to the RNC told ABC News.

In his resignation letter to Ronna McDaniel, the RNC chair, Cohen cited the ongoing special counsel investigation as one reason for his departure. ABC News has reviewed the email.

<snip>

Cohen also criticized the administration's policy of separating migrant children from their parents at the southern border, the first time he’s distanced himself from the president.

"As the son of a Polish holocaust survivor, the images and sounds of this family separation policy is heart wrenching,” Cohen wrote. “While I strongly support measures that will secure our porous borders, children should never be used as bargaining chips."

More at link

Offline WingNot

• Resident TBR Curmudgeon
Re: Michael Cohen resigns from RNC committee post, sources say
« Reply #1 on: June 20, 2018, 07:56:48 pm »
Cohen has bigger problems.  He should be trying to stay out of jail.
"I'm a man, but I changed, because I had to. Oh well."

Offline corbe

« Reply #2 on: June 20, 2018, 08:31:36 pm »
   Did the RNC run out of Ho's to pay off?
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline edpc

• Professional Misanthrope - Briefer and Boxer
« Reply #3 on: June 21, 2018, 02:30:57 am »
It's really a shame we've lost this staunch conservative that volunteered for Dukakis in 1988, worked as an intern for MA Rep. Joe Moakley, and voted for Obama in 2008.
I disagree.  Circle gets the square.

Offline dfwgator

« Reply #4 on: June 21, 2018, 02:33:26 am »
Addition by Subtraction.

Offline Formerly Once-Ler

« Reply #5 on: June 21, 2018, 02:55:53 am »
It's really a shame we've lost this staunch conservative that volunteered for Dukakis in 1988, worked as an intern for MA Rep. Joe Moakley, and voted for Obama in 2008.

Jeez.  Does this guy know who his lawyer was?