Author Topic: Up to 60 organizations may sue SPLC for defamation  (Read 1428 times)

rangerrebew

Up to 60 organizations may sue SPLC for defamation
« on: June 20, 2018, 03:23:19 pm »
June 20, 2018
By Rick Moran

According to a report from Tyler O'Neill at PJ Media, upt to 60 mostly conservative organizations may sue the Southern Poverty Law Center for being included in their list of "hate groups." The SPLC just settled a defamation suit for more than $3 million with Muslim reformer Maajid Nawaz, who the SPLC branded an "anti-Muslim extremist."

Dozens of Christian and conservative groups have been similarly unfairly tarred by the SPLC as "hate groups" and it appears they will exact their own revenge on the organization.

Read more: https://www.americanthinker.com/blog/2018/06/up_to_60_organizations_may_sue_splc_for_defamation.html#ixzz5IymhSqHf

Online Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...
Re: Up to 60 organizations may sue SPLC for defamation
« Reply #1 on: June 20, 2018, 03:28:07 pm »
I hope they take them down and bankrupt them.
The Republic is lost.

Online Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
« Reply #2 on: June 20, 2018, 03:29:35 pm »
Good! The SPLC is a "hate group", and has been maligning Conservatives at every opportunity for a long time, Sadly, they have also been briefing LEOs at all levels on who is allegedly evil. They are occasionally right about the nasty folks out there, but have abused that credibility to malign a host of others who do not deserve it.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
Following a $3.4 million settlement for defamation, the floodgates appear to have officially opened on the partisan Southern Poverty Law Center for its reckless use of its "hate group" and "extremist" designations. According to PJ Media's Tyler O'Neil, at least 60 organizations that the self-styled "hate group watchdog" has branded as "extremist" are now considering taking legal action.

"No fewer than 60 organizations branded 'hate groups' or otherwise attacked by the Southern Poverty Law Center (SPLC) are considering legal action against the left-wing smear factory, a Christian legal nonprofit leader confirmed to PJ Media on Tuesday," O'Neil reported.

The confirmation comes a day after SPLC issued an apology and wrote a $3.375 million check to Maajid Nawaz and his Quilliam Foundation for including them on its incendiary 2016 "Field Guild to Anti-Muslim Extremists."

"We haven't filed anything against the SPLC, but I think a number of organizations have been considering filing lawsuits against the SPLC, because they have been doing to a lot of organizations exactly what they did to Maajid Nawaz that's part of the settlement," founder and chairman of Liberty Counsel, Mat Staver, told PJ Media Tuesday.

"There are probably about 60 organizations that we're talking to — there's at least 60," he said.

"This is a significant settlement," said Staver of SPLC's settlement with Nawaz. "3.375 million dollars, and it did not even go to litigation; it was a result of a demand letter."

"[T]he allegations that were at issue here were very similar to the allegations against the other groups," he said. "The SPLC promotes false propaganda, demonizes and labels groups they disagree with, and that labeling has economic as well as physical consequences."

https://www.dailywire.com/news/32074/southern-poverty-law-center-facing-dozens-james-barrett
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Here lies in honored glory an American soldier, known but to God

THE ESTABLISHMENT IS THE PROBLEM...NOT THE SOLUTION

Republicans Don't Need A Back Bench...They Need a BACKBONE!

Online cato potatoe

Hoisted by their own petard.  It's been a long time coming.

Offline Millee

Good, sue them into oblivion.   :cool:

Offline dfwgator

About damn time.

Offline WingNot

• Resident TBR Curmudgeon
Pull their N for P status too.
"I'm a man, but I changed, because I had to. Oh well."

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
Pull their N for P status too.

Excellent idea.
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Here lies in honored glory an American soldier, known but to God

THE ESTABLISHMENT IS THE PROBLEM...NOT THE SOLUTION

Republicans Don't Need A Back Bench...They Need a BACKBONE!

Offline IsailedawayfromFR

and their pockets are deep, so lawyers will take up the case before court.
Southern Poverty Law Center Has More Than $90 Million In Offshore Funds
http://freebeacon.com/politics/southern-poverty-law-center-90-million-offshore-funds/

and over 1.5% of the entire organization's operating expenses goes to the salaries of the two top executives.

https://www.charitynavigator.org/index.cfm?bay=search.summary&orgid=4482

And now we play their game by Hogg-rules
Conservatives call for corporate America to cut ties with 'discredited' SPLC
http://www.gopbriefingroom.com/index.php/topic,321106.0.html
« Last Edit: June 20, 2018, 08:28:58 pm by IsailedawayfromFR »
No punishment, in my opinion, is too great, for the man who can build his greatness upon his country's ruin~  George Washington

Online cato potatoe

Morris Dees is doing OK for himself, huh.  I wonder how many 81 year olds get a $360,000 salary.

Offline IsailedawayfromFR

« Reply #11 on: June 20, 2018, 08:34:49 pm »
Here's a funny one - implementing the 'Hogg-rule'
Conservatives call for corporate America to cut ties with 'discredited' SPLC
http://www.gopbriefingroom.com/index.php/topic,321106.0.html
No punishment, in my opinion, is too great, for the man who can build his greatness upon his country's ruin~  George Washington

Online Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...
« Reply #12 on: June 20, 2018, 09:38:01 pm »
Threads merged.
The Republic is lost.

Offline Victoria33

« Reply #13 on: June 20, 2018, 09:42:43 pm »
After having personal experience with Morris Dees, I am glad they are being sued to stop labeling people/groups as hate people/groups.  He had the FBI hunting for my son.
« Last Edit: June 20, 2018, 09:46:08 pm by Victoria33 »

Offline musiclady

Hoisted by their own petard.  It's been a long time coming.

Indeed.  Far too long.
Character still matters.  It always matters.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Use the time God is giving us to seek His will and feel His presence.

Offline Fantasywriter

« Reply #15 on: June 20, 2018, 11:05:15 pm »
June 20, 2018
By Rick Moran

According to a report from Tyler O'Neill at PJ Media, upt to 60 mostly conservative organizations may sue the Southern Poverty Law Center for being included in their list of "hate groups." The SPLC just settled a defamation suit for more than $3 million with Muslim reformer Maajid Nawaz, who the SPLC branded an "anti-Muslim extremist."

Dozens of Christian and conservative groups have been similarly unfairly tarred by the SPLC as "hate groups" and it appears they will exact their own revenge on the organization.

Read more: https://www.americanthinker.com/blog/2018/06/up_to_60_organizations_may_sue_splc_for_defamation.html#ixzz5IymhSqHf

My heart is like an alligator.

😂😂😂

Offline WingNot

• Resident TBR Curmudgeon
"I'm a man, but I changed, because I had to. Oh well."

Offline Fantasywriter

« Reply #17 on: June 20, 2018, 11:11:07 pm »
After having personal experience with Morris Dees, I am glad they are being sued to stop labeling people/groups as hate people/groups.  He had the FBI hunting for my son.

I hope I don't catch it for going off topic. I saw your avatar, and it reminded me of a feel good story making the rounds yesterday. A 3 yo girl wandered off into some cornfields and got lost. Her Yorkie, Fat Heath, stayed with her all night. The next day Fat Heath barked when he heard the search dogs, and the little girl was rescued and is fine.

Offline Fantasywriter

Online Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #19 on: June 20, 2018, 11:41:12 pm »
I hope I don't catch it for going off topic. I saw your avatar, and it reminded me of a feel good story making the rounds yesterday. A 3 yo girl wandered off into some cornfields and got lost. Her Yorkie, Fat Heath, stayed with her all night. The next day Fat Heath barked when he heard the search dogs, and the little girl was rescued and is fine.

I read that, and immediately thought of @Victoria33's avatar, too....
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline Victoria33

« Reply #20 on: June 20, 2018, 11:57:38 pm »
@Fantasywriter
@Cyber Liberty

Prissy, at 6 lbs., is a guard dog.  Her guard position is in her pink bed where she has a straight line view of the front door which has glass  in it.  If anyone goes into the driveway of the house across from us, she has a barking fit.  If anyone comes into our yard, she has a barking fit.  Now, you need to know what the barking fit means.  It means she loves everyone and wants to go home with them.  Should a robber come to the door, she would have a barking fit for him to come in and play with her.  When he left, she would bark because he is leaving, not taking her with him.

When my husband died, she got in my chair with me and stayed there three days, only leaving for water/food and potty.

She is so smart, we have to spell words if we don't want her to know what we are saying.

Now, back to the thread subject...

Offline Fantasywriter

« Reply #21 on: June 21, 2018, 01:38:30 am »
@Victoria33, that was a beautiful post. I don't know much about Yorkies but I have heard over and over how smart they are.  Prissy sounds like a standout even so. She knew you needed support during your time of loss and grief [my deepest condolences] and she was there for you. She sounds wonderful!

Offline Victoria33

« Reply #22 on: June 21, 2018, 02:35:04 am »
@Victoria33, that was a beautiful post. I don't know much about Yorkies but I have heard over and over how smart they are.  Prissy sounds like a standout even so. She knew you needed support during your time of loss and grief [my deepest condolences] and she was there for you. She sounds wonderful!
@Fantasywriter

When she goes to the groomer, the groomer uses her to calm down any dog that is upset/nervous.

Offline Fantasywriter

« Reply #23 on: June 21, 2018, 11:24:36 pm »
@Fantasywriter

When she goes to the groomer, the groomer uses her to calm down any dog that is upset/nervous.

Dogs like that are one in a million.  What a blessing!