Author Topic: Lewandowski on Girl With Down Syndrome Separated From Mother: ‘Womp Womp’  (Read 5252 times)

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
There are Conservatives with children or immediate family members who have Downs Syndrome...myself included who don't just blow off such callous unintelligent comments like that so easily.

And it's kinda disgusting to see people here justify and excuse Lewandowski's comments as well.

We are supposed to be better than the gutter level thinking of your average DU member/DNC voter.

The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Here lies in honored glory an American soldier, known but to God

THE ESTABLISHMENT IS THE PROBLEM...NOT THE SOLUTION

Republicans Don't Need A Back Bench...They Need a BACKBONE!

Offline dfwgator

If you read the comments sections at Yahoo on these kind of stories... about 85-90% of the comments know exactly what the left is up to here and they voice that anti-left sentiment quite clearly.  I keep expecting Yahoo to do away with their comments section just like msn.com did.  Can't have that many people voicing dissent of that leftist agenda.  Too much free speech and all.

Who wastes their time on those stupid shows, anyway?  Oooh, some spare person has an opinion..... BFD!
« Last Edit: June 20, 2018, 04:01:42 pm by dfwgator »

Offline edpc

• Professional Misanthrope - Briefer and Boxer
Facebook was on fire today with people disgusted by this overblown rhetoric about 'oh, the children.'

I think it's beginning to backfire.

Backfiring on whom?

The White House is considering executive action to allow children to stay with parents caught crossing the border illegally, Fox News has learned -- a step that could avoid the family separations that have triggered a national outcry and political crisis for Republicans.

In another possible approach, Fox News is told Homeland Security Secretary Kirstjen Nielsen will recommend to Trump that he throw his support behind a standalone bill to close the “loopholes” regarding family detention. Nielsen will recommend that other immigration issues be handled in separate legislation.

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2018/06/20/white-house-considering-executive-action-to-prevent-family-separations-at-border.html
I disagree.  Circle gets the square.

Offline driftdiver

• I could eat it raw but why when I have fire

Backfiring on whom?

The White House is considering executive action to allow children to stay with parents caught crossing the border illegally, Fox News has learned -- a step that could avoid the family separations that have triggered a national outcry and political crisis for Republicans.

In another possible approach, Fox News is told Homeland Security Secretary Kirstjen Nielsen will recommend to Trump that he throw his support behind a standalone bill to close the “loopholes” regarding family detention. Nielsen will recommend that other immigration issues be handled in separate legislation.

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2018/06/20/white-house-considering-executive-action-to-prevent-family-separations-at-border.html

More than likely the EO will resemble Cruz's bill, which means they'll be sent right back to where they came from.

yeah thats a backfire
Fools mock, tongues wag, babies cry and goats bleat.

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
More than likely the EO will resemble Cruz's bill, which means they'll be sent right back to where they came from.

yeah thats a backfire

So, how would you deal with this, in an effective way? 

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline Frank Cannon

There are Conservatives with children or immediate family members who have Downs Syndrome...myself included who don't just blow off such callous unintelligent comments like that so easily.

And it's kinda disgusting to see people here justify and excuse Lewandowski's comments as well.

We are supposed to be better than the gutter level thinking of your average DU member/DNC voter.

Thanks for your virtue signaling. Let's just open the borders and we can all feel better about ourselves.

Offline edpc

yeah thats a backfire

The fact they'd be willing to issue an EO or accept a stand alone bill on separation tells you all you need to know about who is feeling pressure.  The original goal was comprehensive legislation.

Offline driftdiver

So, how would you deal with this, in an effective way?

@Sanguine
Well obviously we need immigration reform.  That doesn't mean amnesty but it would include:

1.  Adjust the numbers of legal immigrants.
2.  Create a process for temporary workers to come here to work, pay taxes, go home
3.  Stop the remittance from illegals out of the US. 
4.  Require all employers to use everify for all employees.
5.  Stop encouraging people to risk the life and safety of children by giving away legal status if they come here with kids.
6.  No public benefits for illegals, no healthcare, no welfare, no food stamps
7.  Acknowledge that if a parent commits a crime their children will be taken away from them while they are processed for that adult crime.  Just as happens to everyone else.

In short, stop enticing illegals to come here and once they are here remove the ability to work, rent a house, get welfare so they will go home.

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
Disagree. He got the liberal to melt down. People are becoming wise to the hysteria surrounding this narrative. It's starting to look forced.
If you separate the kids, it is cruel.
If you keep the kids with the parent in jail, it is cruel.
If you set them free and don't give them free government welfare money, it is cruel.
If you send them back home, it is cruel.
Keep in mind that a significant portion of the people out there act not on facts, but emotions.

Provide optics which justify or reinforce that emotional reaction and the facts don't matter--not that they ever did to many of them. Simply falling back on the "This is how the law has been all along" defense is enough to rationally justify the actions of not only this administration, but preceding ones, emphasizing that this is SOP.

When the MSM runs out of distractions, perhaps the story of a completely corrupt Federal LEO apparatus and its actions to influence an election and let Hillary, etc. skate can come out. Until then, handing the Liberals reason to have cartwheeling fits just builds the distraction base, not diminishes it, and the Conservative media are left in a defensive posture over the whole ball of wax.

It was tactless, unnecessary, and imho, counterproductive. But let the Libs keep painting anyone to the Right of them as "Uncaring" and feed them the ammo they need to do it, and the hoopla will continue, while the selfsame libs who had all those kids ride on top of the train going north (who really only care about those kids as props and poster children) all rally around the battle cry "For the chilrenn..." when they are the ones who couldn't care less.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline driftdiver

Thanks for your virtue signaling. Let's just open the borders and we can all feel better about ourselves.

@Frank Cannon
I suggest we open the border to hot chicks and only hot chicks.  Must be 18-35 years of age and know how to make good sammiches.

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
@Sanguine
Well obviously we need immigration reform.  That doesn't mean amnesty but it would include:

1.  Adjust the numbers of legal immigrants.
2.  Create a process for temporary workers to come here to work, pay taxes, go home
3.  Stop the remittance from illegals out of the US. 
4.  Require all employers to use everify for all employees.
5.  Stop encouraging people to risk the life and safety of children by giving away legal status if they come here with kids.
6.  No public benefits for illegals, no healthcare, no welfare, no food stamps
7.  Acknowledge that if a parent commits a crime their children will be taken away from them while they are processed for that adult crime.  Just as happens to everyone else.

In short, stop enticing illegals to come here and once they are here remove the ability to work, rent a house, get welfare so they will go home.

Yeah, what @Smokin Joe said.  I agree with everything you have listed out, and think the Republicans should be/should have been working on this now and for a long time.  I see absolutely no sign that they are.

But, the issue is the upcoming election, the thin majority that the R's have in Congress, and how do we deal with this issue so that it doesn't benefit the bad guys?

Offline driftdiver

I for one am tired of the media telling me when to be outraged while they ignore corruption within our govt.  Wait no they don't ignore the corruption, they encourage and feed the corruption.

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member

Wait - where does he suggest opening the border?

Offline driftdiver

@txradioguy
I watched the segment when it was on and took his comments to be complete disgust for the fake caring from the left. 

These are the same people that think all children with downs syndrome should be aborted so I hardly think they give a crap about the child once its born.   

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
I for one am tired of the media telling me when to be outraged while they ignore corruption within our govt.  Wait no they don't ignore the corruption, they encourage and feed the corruption.
Sadly, they not only do all you said, but use incidents like this to provide a smokescreen for corruption.

If Hillary, Chucky Schumer, DiFi and San Fran Nan all got together and had a lunch hour baby butchering party on the steps of the Capitol, it would not be news because some Pubbie was "insensitive" or "uncaring". Time to quit feeding that beast. People on the Right should be smart enough to not give them the crap to cry about.

We aren't the ones who are really subject to being heavily influenced by the media. We're on to them, we're a little wiser than the average bear. When you consider Barrack Hussein Obama was elected twice and Hillary almost made it, there are a lot of people out there who are below average in intelligence, and just what these media critters play to.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
What is "Lewandowski" running for?
"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
@txradioguy
I watched the segment when it was on and took his comments to be complete disgust for the fake caring from the left. 

These are the same people that think all children with downs syndrome should be aborted so I hardly think they give a crap about the child once its born.

Still no excuse.  There is no defense anyone could come up with to excuse that bullsh*t by this cretin.

I saw the segment too...he was mocking there was no disgust.

And again no excuse.

And what's REALLY pathetic...is that some of the very same people outraged at the media making snide comments about Baron Trump and hinting he might be either autistic...suffering from Asperger syndrome  or some other kind of mental difficulty are the ones excusing this loud mouth assclown from the same kind of boorish behavior where a special needs child is concerned.
« Last Edit: June 20, 2018, 05:05:10 pm by txradioguy »
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Here lies in honored glory an American soldier, known but to God

THE ESTABLISHMENT IS THE PROBLEM...NOT THE SOLUTION

Republicans Don't Need A Back Bench...They Need a BACKBONE!

Offline edpc

Holding every possible Republican congressional seat, since he joined Great America PAC in May.

Offline dfwgator

Sounds like he had just as bad of a day yesterday as his counterpart on the Polish soccer team.

Offline WingNot

• Resident TBR Curmudgeon
"I'm a man, but I changed, because I had to. Oh well."

Offline Frank Cannon

Wait - where does he suggest opening the border?

Well deterring people from coming here illegal is making him feel bad. Only option is to just forget about the whole thing and then we can focus on important stuff like Russian Collusion.

Offline driftdiver

Still no excuse.  There is no defense anyone could come up with to excuse that bullsh*t by this cretin.

I saw the segment too...he was mocking there was no disgust.

And again no excuse.

And what's REALLY pathetic...is that some of the very same people outraged at the media making snide comments about Baron Trump and hinting he might be either autistic...suffering from Asperger syndrome  or some other kind of mental difficulty are the ones excusing this loud mouth assclown from the same kind of boorish behavior where a special needs child is concerned.

@txradioguy
To me it doesn't matter if the kid is special needs.  ALL kids have a need for their parents, period.

However life gets complicated.  If you break the law then you may be put in jail.  If you are in jail and there is no family member to care for the child then the govt steps in.  Not ideal but at that point its the only option.

Many of these kids are not related to the adults bringing them in, so they are already separated from their parents.

Regardless the kids are safe, fed, and have better living conditions then they'd likely have on either side of the border outside of govt custody.

Offline musiclady

:shrug:

I don't average Americans are paying all that much attention, nor are people all that inclined to believe the "HOW DARE YOU SIR" manufactured outrage of the MSM.

I've been barely paying attention to this story and I haven't heard any chatter out amongst the "normies" either about it.

Believing that average Americans care about this is just "bubble thinking" IMO.

I disagree with that.   Like it or not, with social media, the 'average' American is more informed....... or shall I say, misinformed about issues, and most people care about kids and care about kids with Down Syndrome.

The big problem is that they aren't being told about what the parents are doing, but they ARE being told what a jerk like Lewandowski is saying.

So I repeat........ what is juicy, delicious red meat for Trump fans is turning most people away from the solution to the actual issue because they are so disgusted by the complete lack of concern by what they perceive to be conservatives (never mind that neither Trump nor Lewandowski actually are conservatives).

But I don't expect these folks to wise up and stop being jerks, and I don't expect their fan clubs to stop excusing/cheering on the stupid things they're saying.

So, IMO, we will continue losing the Immigration argument while the Trump fans cheer......
Character still matters.  It always matters.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Use the time God is giving us to seek His will and feel His presence.

Offline dfwgator

Well deterring people from coming here illegal is making him feel bad. Only option is to just forget about the whole thing and then we can focus on important stuff like Russian Collusion.

And Stormy Daniels.