Author Topic: Jeff Sessions has been charged with “child abuse” by United Methodist Church members over border pol  (Read 566 times)

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
Jeff Sessions has been charged with “child abuse” by United Methodist Church members over border policy
By Ramsey Touchberry On 6/19/18 at 11:51 AM

More than 600 United Methodist clergy and church members want to bring formal church charges against Attorney General Jeff Sessions for the Justice Department’s “zero tolerance” immigration policy, which has resulted in separating families who illegally cross the U.S.-Mexico border.

Sessions, a Sunday school teacher at the Ashland Place United Methodist Church in Mobile, Alabama, is accused by church members of child abuse, immorality, racial discrimination and “dissemination of doctrines contrary to the established standards of doctrines” of the United Methodist Church.

“While other individuals and areas of the federal government are implicated in each of these examples, Mr. Sessions—as a long-term United Methodist in a tremendously powerful, public position—is particularly accountable to us, his church,” the letter read. “As his denomination, we have an ethical obligation to speak boldly when one of our members is engaged in causing significant harm in matters contrary to the Discipline on the global stage.”

Read more at: http://www.newsweek.com/united-methodist-charges-jeff-sessions-children-984006

Ridiculous as can be, if this has been posted, please delete.

Offline WingNot

• Resident TBR Curmudgeon
Ridiculous as can be, if this has been posted, please delete.

Poster. Delete thyself.
"I'm a man, but I changed, because I had to. Oh well."

Offline TomSea

This shows you, a very irrational frenzy to do something like this. Unbelievable. I thought, at one time, the Methodists were even a Conservative church. Maybe I'm wrong.

Offline TomSea

It certainly isn't under politics or national news.

Offline WingNot

• Resident TBR Curmudgeon
It certainly isn't under politics or national news.

I saws it somewhere.
"I'm a man, but I changed, because I had to. Oh well."

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member