Author Topic: McConnell backs bill to keep immigrant families together  (Read 463 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
McConnell backs bill to keep immigrant families together
« on: June 19, 2018, 09:43:11 pm »
McConnell backs bill to keep immigrant families together
By Alexander Bolton - 06/19/18 02:30 PM EDT

Senate Majority Leader Mitch McConnell (R-Ky.) on Tuesday announced his support for a bill to keep immigrant families detained at the border together.

“I support, and all of the senators of the Republican conference support, a plan that keeps families together,” McConnell told reporters.
Republican lawmakers are scrambling to avert a public relations disaster as backlash grows in response to the Trump administration's "zero tolerance" policy on illegal immigration, which has seen thousands of children separated from their parents after their parents were detained over the past several weeks.

“We need to fix the problem and it requires a legislative solution,” McConnell added, dismissing a claim from Senate Democratic Leader Charles Schumer (N.Y.) that President Trump could address the crisis without going through Congress.

more
http://thehill.com/homenews/senate/393051-mcconnell-backs-bill-to-keep-immigrant-families-together
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline InHeavenThereIsNoBeer

Re: McConnell backs bill to keep immigrant families together
« Reply #1 on: June 19, 2018, 10:34:27 pm »
So, a few days ago I noticed just about every other article was about illegal immigrant families.  Did something actually happen that I missed, or did someone just make a comment or write an article and it suddenly went viral?

And hey, while I'm at it, what happened to ebola and zika a year or so ago? 
My avatar shows the national debt in stacks of $100 bills.  If you look very closely under the crane you can see the Statue of Liberty.

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
« Reply #2 on: June 20, 2018, 01:15:11 am »
Saw this the other day in a photography forum.
There was no mention of politics involved there.
But I just had to save it.
Whaddaya think?

Offline Chosen Daughter

• For there is no respect of persons with God. Romans 10:12-13
  • Ephesians 6:13 Stand Firm in the face of evil
« Reply #3 on: June 20, 2018, 01:20:04 am »
Saw this the other day in a photography forum.
There was no mention of politics involved there.
But I just had to save it.
Whaddaya think?

Looks real, but what is it?

I am wondering how they are going to keep families together?  House them where?
AG William Barr: "I'm recused from that matter because one of the law firms that represented Epstein long ago was a firm that I subsequently joined for a period of time."

Alexander Acosta Labor Secretary resigned under pressure concerning his "sweetheart deal" with Jeffrey Epstein.  He was under consideration for AG after Sessions was removed, but was forced to resign instead.

Offline dfwgator

« Reply #4 on: June 20, 2018, 01:21:29 am »
Spineless puke.

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
« Reply #5 on: June 20, 2018, 01:34:27 am »
Spineless puke.

“I support, and all of the senators of the Republican conference support, a plan that keeps families together,” McConnell told reporters.
"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln

Offline skeeter

« Reply #6 on: June 20, 2018, 01:41:52 am »
If what we're talking about is keeping families together while either their case is being prosecuted or asylum request reviewed, then fine. 9 out of 10 kids is unaccompanied anyway.

If we're talking about releasing them to their parents and into the general population with a promise to appear in court in two years, hell no.

McConnell is missing an opportunity here to use the democrats hyperbole against them of course. But thats typical.

Offline dfwgator

« Reply #7 on: June 20, 2018, 01:45:25 am »