Author Topic: Trump: Dems want illegal immigrants to 'infest our country'  (Read 8319 times)

Offline dfwgator

Re: Trump: Dems want illegal immigrants to 'infest our country'
« Reply #150 on: June 20, 2018, 05:10:12 am »
George Bush tried that.  It's called nation building.  Doesn't work in the middle east.

Then all I have to say is, "Not my circus, Not my monkeys".   

Offline Formerly Once-Ler

« Reply #151 on: June 20, 2018, 08:00:58 am »
Nice Choice.  LOL.  You provincial putz.  Found one loser the Obama Tribune focused on a year ago in Alto Pass! Have you ever been to Alto Pass  or Cairo?  I didn't think so
@Wingnut
Please.  It was the first hit of a google search.  You can only fool fools.

Offline aligncare

« Reply #152 on: June 20, 2018, 11:39:46 am »
@Jazzhead

But latinos already were voting overwhelming for Democrats long before Trump ran for office.  So he didn't create those votes -- they were already voting that way.   In fact, one of the unexpected storylines out of this last Presidential election was that Trump did better among Latinos than did Romney.

https://www.nbcnews.com/storyline/2016-election-day/trump-did-better-blacks-hispanics-romney-12-exit-polls-n681386

So it seems pretty plausible that a lot of Latino voters -- all citizens (at least theoretically...) -- don't equate taking a hardline against illegal immigration with being anti-Latino or racist.

Quoted for emphasis.

Online Texas Yellow Rose

• Native Texan
« Reply #153 on: June 20, 2018, 12:06:18 pm »
The only problem I have with Trump's statement is that he left out that the Repukes want the same.

Exactly!  Otherwise it would have been done immediately after 9-11.  "W" did NOTHING at a time when it was critical to secure our ports and entries and no one has done anything since allowing our nation to be infiltrated.  It appears to me that the people who want to bring down our country are more powerful than Republicans and Democrats.  Both parties seem to be following marching orders from ?????.

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
« Reply #154 on: June 20, 2018, 01:04:59 pm »
@Chosen Daughter   @txradioguy used to have a streak of sanity, but he's lost what little he had left.  If Trump were a dictator, as he accused, he could get things done a lot quicker.

And he's demeaning women by suggesting they will fall for this phony sentimentality about children of illegals.

I'm not sure if drinking and posting is a wise thing for you to do.

But while you sit there and take gratuitous swipes at me...I've been defending what the President is doing in terms of this policy.

Your snark was unnecessary and misplaced.  But par for the course with you.
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Here lies in honored glory an American soldier, known but to God

THE ESTABLISHMENT IS THE PROBLEM...NOT THE SOLUTION

Republicans Don't Need A Back Bench...They Need a BACKBONE!

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
« Reply #155 on: June 20, 2018, 01:07:22 pm »
Quoted for emphasis.

Back in the day...none other than Caesar Chavez was extremely anti illegal immigrant.  Don't remember anyone calling him racist for it.
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Offline GrouchoTex

« Reply #156 on: June 20, 2018, 01:08:12 pm »
Back in the day...none other than Caesar Chavez was extremely anti illegal immigrant.  Don't remember anyone calling him racist for it.

You are absolutely correct.
Another fact conveniently overlooked.

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
« Reply #157 on: June 20, 2018, 01:08:54 pm »
The President had better add his favorite news outlet Fox News to the list of people that want immigrants to "infest" our country.

They've been beating the drum for the poor separated families almost constantly for the last 24 hours.

There's been nothing fair or balanced about the reasoning behind the decision in any of the coverage I've seen.

Offline Maj. Bill Martin

• I'll make Mincemeat out of 'em"
« Reply #158 on: June 20, 2018, 01:17:44 pm »
So arrest and imprison employers.   Why is "zero tolerance" only visited on workers?

Proving intent on the part of employers is extremely difficult.  Immigrant advocates assist illegals with bogus social security numbers, etc..  Employers rely on those documents -- as they must if they don't want to be sued for discrimination -- and it sometimes takes upwards of 6 months for information to be returned saying the numbers are bogus.

Now, your answer to this might be "changed the system so none of that happens -- eVerify, etc..  Add more immigration judges to process claims more quickly."  And you're right -- there are solution that would prevent that.  The problem is that Democrats oppose those solutions, because they don't want tighter border controls.  They deliberately create problems like this so they can pressure the Administration into accepting mass legalization, and a still-unsecured border.  That's why we don't get those solutions -- the Democrats don't want them.

So we either cave in to what amounts to open borders, or we enforce the laws as written to try to force a compromise.  I support that 100 times out of 100, and if it imposes some hardships on immigrants...well, it must still be better than where they came from, right?  If not, they are perfectly free to go right back home whenever they want.

Offline Maj. Bill Martin

« Reply #159 on: June 20, 2018, 01:20:20 pm »
The President had better add his favorite news outlet Fox News to the list of people that want immigrants to "infest" our country.

They've been beating the drum for the poor separated families almost constantly for the last 24 hours.

There's been nothing fair or balanced about the reasoning behind the decision in any of the coverage I've seen.

Right now, Trump is the only thing standing between us and open borders, because too many in the GOP are willing to cave on this.

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
« Reply #160 on: June 20, 2018, 01:26:45 pm »
Right now, Trump is the only thing standing between us and open borders, because too many in the GOP are willing to cave on this.

And I've seen most of them paraded in front of the camera's the last couple days.

It's infuriating.

The results of that "autopsy" after Obama's last election that the RNC and the American Conservative Union both babbled about are now coming to pass.  The big take away that Matt Schlapp and Rence Priebus both said the GOP had to adopt in order to win future elections was a softer stance on immigration in order to appeal to Latino voters.

And now here we are...

Offline edpc

• Professional Misanthrope - Briefer and Boxer
« Reply #161 on: June 20, 2018, 01:55:18 pm »
The results of that "autopsy" after Obama's last election that the RNC and the American Conservative Union both babbled about are now coming to pass.  The big take away that Matt Schlapp and Rence Priebus both said the GOP had to adopt in order to win future elections was a softer stance on immigration in order to appeal to Latino voters.

As I had previously pointed out, that softer stance is what is being promoted by their donors.  It should hardly be surprising to discover politicians favor their money supply over their constituents.
I disagree.  Circle gets the square.

Offline bilo

« Reply #162 on: June 20, 2018, 02:29:29 pm »
@dfwgator

I am only speaking of this one event effect on women.  They will remember pictures of children behind "bars" and the crying/wanting their mothers.  Women not up on politics won't vote for a man they think caused this.  Their psychological makeup will cause them to remember this and blame Trump and not vote for him.

I think this used to be the case, but we are seeing a new paradigm established. The Rats have thrown all the old standards at Trump, "he's racist", "he's anti women", "he's anti children" and it doesn't stick except with their lunatic fringe. The Rats control the media and get an inordinate amount of air time promoting their vicious attacks of Trump and his family and he is still standing and his popularity is growing.

Trump is different in that he fights back as strongly, or more so, than those who attack him. Sen. Cruz has presented a bill that will keep families together, in custody, until their case is resolved. The Rats rejected it immediately. Watch Trump go on offense pointing this out. Things have changed, people are hearing that solutions are offered and that it is the Rats who won't resolve the problem. We just need to hang in there.
A stranger in a hostile foreign land I used to call home

Offline bilo

« Reply #163 on: June 20, 2018, 02:43:53 pm »
Nobody here is against legal immigration, for those who want to go through the process.  The way I see it, illegals have this attitude of "The US owes us because they stole our land, and we think their immigration laws suck, and we don't care, we are going to come in anyway."

Now, why would we want people like that in this country?

I'm in the real estate business and my experience with legal immigrants has been largely positive. The men I interact with are mostly in the trades and they see nothing but streets that are paved with gold. A lot of them have built businesses in the trades and have become very successful. I would love to hire Americans, but the few that are in the trades tend to work at the larger union jobs.

Controlling immigration and having people prioritized based on their skills makes so much sense. The illegals flowing in are disproportionately unskilled and don't speak the language so they end up in the most unskilled, lowest paying, jobs. Of course we aren't going to let children starve, or be on the streets, and next thing you know we have a new underclass that is indoctrinated with the belief that they are being taken advantage of. What a mess of our own making. 

Offline dfwgator

« Reply #164 on: June 20, 2018, 02:49:05 pm »
I think this used to be the case, but we are seeing a new paradigm established. The Rats have thrown all the old standards at Trump, "he's racist", "he's anti women", "he's anti children" and it doesn't stick except with their lunatic fringe. The Rats control the media and get an inordinate amount of air time promoting their vicious attacks of Trump and his family and he is still standing and his popularity is growing.

Trump is different in that he fights back as strongly, or more so, than those who attack him. Sen. Cruz has presented a bill that will keep families together, in custody, until their case is resolved. The Rats rejected it immediately. Watch Trump go on offense pointing this out. Things have changed, people are hearing that solutions are offered and that it is the Rats who won't resolve the problem. We just need to hang in there.

I pray you're right, because if you aren't, we are truly screwed.

Offline dfwgator

« Reply #165 on: June 20, 2018, 02:49:46 pm »

Trump is a Third Party, all by himself.   

Offline bilo

« Reply #166 on: June 20, 2018, 02:59:13 pm »
I pray you're right, because if you aren't, we are truly screwed.

I'm pretty sure I am. obama was constantly praised, adored and supported by the media, entertainment, pundits, etc., but the Rats lost the House, Senate, and State govts. hillary was propped up by the same cartel and lost to a brash, abrasive firebrand who is not even a good public speaker. That same attack dog is under constant attack from the same cartel and in most instances isn't fully supported by his own party, but yet his popularity grows. The body politic is changing and middle America (fly over country) is doing it.

As long as Trump doesn't back off and keeps attacking the Rats for not fixing the problem he will win.
« Last Edit: June 20, 2018, 03:00:25 pm by bilo »

Offline Maj. Bill Martin

« Reply #167 on: June 20, 2018, 02:59:27 pm »

I think you're right about that.  Not sure he's got enough popularity, but he's definitely doing much better than the media is portraying. 

His pushback on this has been good.  Not being overrun with "migrant camps", etc..  Some folks I know who normally are more sympathetic basically say "if they don't want to be separated, then don't come here."

Cruz actually has the right idea.  The bogus asylum claims create a backlog that keeps people here longer than they should be.  Hire a bunch more immigration judges, put them right in border areas, and process the cases much, much faster.

Offline bilo

« Reply #168 on: June 20, 2018, 03:06:37 pm »
I think you're right about that.  Not sure he's got enough popularity, but he's definitely doing much better than the media is portraying. 

His pushback on this has been good.  Not being overrun with "migrant camps", etc..  Some folks I know who normally are more sympathetic basically say "if they don't want to be separated, then don't come here."

Cruz actually has the right idea.  The bogus asylum claims create a backlog that keeps people here longer than they should be.  Hire a bunch more immigration judges, put them right in border areas, and process the cases much, much faster.

We agree.

I think this is the rational approach and in time those caught up in the emotion of the moment will see it.

One thing I never accounted for in looking at Trump was how he continues to get his message out despite the best efforts of the media cartel to stop him. He uses twitter. He gives speeches and hold rallies. What I'm coming to realize is he infuses phrases that he knows are going to make the media cartel's heads explode which in turn gets more of his message out. 

Offline Suppressed

« Reply #169 on: June 20, 2018, 04:55:44 pm »
I'd be in favor if they got rid of all other forms of government assistance.

That's how it's supposed to work.
+++++++++
“In the outside world, I'm a simple geologist. But in here .... I am Falcor, Defender of the Alliance” --Randy Marsh

“The most effectual means of being secure against pain is to retire within ourselves, and to suffice for our own happiness.” -- Thomas Jefferson

“He's so dumb he thinks a Mexican border pays rent.” --Foghorn Leghorn

Offline dfwgator

« Reply #170 on: June 20, 2018, 05:01:58 pm »
That's how it's supposed to work.

Even Reagan knew that "Entitlements Are Forever."

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #171 on: June 20, 2018, 05:05:55 pm »
I'd be in favor if they got rid of all other forms of government assistance.

:amen:   If we wanted to squawk about seperation of Church and state we should have done it when the government began to usurp the traditional roles of the Church!
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
« Reply #172 on: June 20, 2018, 05:06:20 pm »

Yep, show some of those weakling GOP a crying child and they clutch their hearts and their jobs and cave.  I hope Trump won't believe that this is a big issue with the general public.  It is not.
Against stupidity, the Gods themselves contend in vain.

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
« Reply #173 on: June 20, 2018, 05:09:18 pm »
When you have the legal argument in your favor, why kneecap yourself with this kind of crap?

Fox News Video: Corey Lewandowski Mocks Immigrant Girl With Down Syndrome, Sparks Instant Backlash

The war of words over President Trump’s immigrant crackdown just took a nasty turn: Former Trump campaign manager Corey Lewandowski dismissed reports about an immigrant girl with Down syndrome being separated from her mother with a mocking “womp-womp” during an appearance on Fox News.

https://www.yahoo.com/entertainment/fox-news-video-corey-lewandowski-010757722.html

! No longer available

You just love that, don't you @edpc ?  You put it in a separate thread.  All it shows is one of Trump's former assistants being a jerk and a democrat being a bigger jerk.  Big news.

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
« Reply #174 on: June 20, 2018, 05:17:14 pm »
Proving intent on the part of employers is extremely difficult.  Immigrant advocates assist illegals with bogus social security numbers, etc..  Employers rely on those documents -- as they must if they don't want to be sued for discrimination -- and it sometimes takes upwards of 6 months for information to be returned saying the numbers are bogus.

Now, your answer to this might be "changed the system so none of that happens -- eVerify, etc..  Add more immigration judges to process claims more quickly."  And you're right -- there are solution that would prevent that.  The problem is that Democrats oppose those solutions, because they don't want tighter border controls.  They deliberately create problems like this so they can pressure the Administration into accepting mass legalization, and a still-unsecured border.  That's why we don't get those solutions -- the Democrats don't want them.

So we either cave in to what amounts to open borders, or we enforce the laws as written to try to force a compromise.  I support that 100 times out of 100, and if it imposes some hardships on immigrants...well, it must still be better than where they came from, right?  If not, they are perfectly free to go right back home whenever they want.

All true ... BUT if we make a big effort to discourage the employment of illegals, it would help.  I doubt if most of them have the valid documents that you suggest, but we could put the fear of God (or Trump) into the employers that they might be fined or sanctioned if caught, then the hiring of illegals to save a little money might lose much of its appeal.

It's worth trying.