Author Topic: Vegetable oils cause cancer, heart disease, diabetes and more: Use these healthy alternatives inste  (Read 1037 times)

rangerrebew

Vegetable oils cause cancer, heart disease, diabetes and more: Use these healthy alternatives instead

Tuesday, February 16, 2016 by: Sarah Landers

(NaturalNews) Vegetables oils have been heralded as a healthy alternative to using normal fat when cooking. However, it turns out that vegetable oils are not all they're cracked up to be when it comes down to it. We've all been told, even by government and medical associations, to use more vegetable seed and bean oils, such as soybean, corn, safflower and canola.

We're told that vegetable oils are safe to use as a heart-healthy alternative to cooking with traditional saturated fats. The argument has been that traditional fats such as butter, lard and coconut oil cause high cholesterol and clogged arteries, eventually leading to heart disease. So-called "experts" advised us to avoid saturated fats in favor of polyunsaturated fatty acids – in particular, omega-6 fats.

https://www.naturalnews.com/052991_vegetable_oil_saturated_fat_cholesterol.html

Online GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion
Well that's it, back to good old lard, and tallow!

Offline Applewood

My grandparents' generation cooked and baked with lard. Lived to ripe old ages. 

There's an Italian bakery near me.   Family owned.   Been around since the 1930s.  Back in the day, it used lard to make the best Italian bread outside of Italy.  The current generation of owners switched to vegetable oil or shortening. The bread is just not the same.

Offline the_doc

Lard is really tasty in refried beans!

Offline goodwithagun

Yep, just make sure it’s real lard and not blended with partially hydrogenated oils. The real deal is always better: lard, tallow, cold pressed olive. The more processed, the more harmful.
I stand with Roosgirl.

Offline berdie

At one time used to fry food in bacon grease. Is that ok now too?

Offline goodwithagun

Yes. Research clean eating. Bacon grease is much better than processed oils.
I stand with Roosgirl.

Online GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion
Yep, just make sure it’s real lard and not blended with partially hydrogenated oils. The real deal is always better: lard, tallow, cold pressed olive. The more processed, the more harmful.
I can remember my grandmother always saving goose fat too. I never understood why my friends never had goose fat on bread sprinkled with Paprika, they just had crap like mayonnaise or peanut butter.

Offline Frank Cannon

I prefer cooking in Oil of Olay. It keeps me looking youthful.....

Offline RoosGirl

I prefer cooking in Oil of Olay. It keeps me looking youthful.....

Keeps your chicken breasts firm?

Offline Frank Cannon

Keeps your chicken breasts firm?

It keeps everything firm baby.

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
We never stopped, unless we ran out of Bacon grease. (Bacon prices are nuts!)
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline mountaineer

Back in the day, my kinfolk poured a little bacon grease into their coffee. Mmm, mmm, good!  :pondering:
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
Back in the day, my kinfolk poured a little bacon grease into their coffee. Mmm, mmm, good!  :pondering:
My FIL would use it like butter on his toast.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline goodwithagun

Try bulletproof coffee. It’s my fave! Coffee blended with a touch of both coconut oil and butter.
I stand with Roosgirl.